Hacking Anyone have luck installing an OOT .cia to the n3ds sysnand?

Taslion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if some brave souls have tried doing this (thus making their console effectively only needing the gateway card)?

Edit: Maybe a time better spent would be looking for the BBB release of the Ocarina of Time Demo and see if you can put that on sysnand and if it then boots the exploit.

Taslion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think of it... yeah it is. Lol. That would probably be a lot more sensible to overwrite.

It would be cool though if the demo of OOT was working or something though. The OOT boot process is still internet-free which is a great perk.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, i was just wondering about this today. but what is the exact difference between a " home made" .cia and a legit .cia?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think of it... yeah it is. Lol. That would probably be a lot more sensible to overwrite.

It would be cool though if the demo of OOT was working or something though. The OOT boot process is still internet-free which is a great perk.
Yeah it goes well with a 80 dollar collectable 3ds game along with your 80 dollar flashcard

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not understanding the concept here

so what are you tryignt o do exaxtly? and why can't it be done
here is what i am assuming

you can buy legit cia of OOT from eshop but you cant use it because you cant switch the sav file with GW exploited sav file( i have no idea where installed cia's put their sav files, do they go on the SD, or get embedded into the installled files,i assume they would get embedded into the files somehow like card2 games)

you cant make your own cia with GW exploited sav file added into it and re encrypt it and install it to the sysnand
is this right
sorry i have no idea how saves work, and especially have no idea how they work with installed games either legit of through devmen

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you can buy legit cia of OOT from eshop but you cant use it because you cant switch the sav file with GW exploited sav file( i have no idea where installed cia's put their sav files, do they go on the SD, or get embedded into the installled files,i assume they would get embedded into the files somehow like card2 games)

you cant make your own cia with GW exploited sav file added into it and re encrypt it and install it to the sysnand
is this right
sorry i have no idea how saves work, and especially have no idea how they work with installed games either legit of through devmen
No the legit .cia game has to come with a system out-of-box

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

is this right

CIA files save to the SD, and saves can actually be drag 'n dropped with a computer, it's just that they aren't labeled, so you'll be trial/error-ing your way through trying to replace the .sav file

? is it not being sold in the eShop anymore?

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah I see, so it needs to be a bundled .cia? Bummer.

Not exactly, .cias made with make_cdn_cia should work since you are using all the contents of the signed .cia (tmd, cetk, and contents), but i don't have an <5.x eshop game purchased so i can't test. Ok Sorry, this might be wrong, didn't knew that eshop tickets are console unique.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but how can you run a cia installed through devmen in sysnand without having a GW card to patch the checks?
i dont even think you can run installed cia's in sysnand at all unless it works in classic mode(not sure do cia installed to system and run at all? even with GW?)
installed cia's wont run in emunand without GW card in and probably not at all in sysnand unless in GW classic mode with red card in' and how can you install a cia w/o GW inthe 1st place, you cant

cant use CFW since you cant downgrade N3ds to 4.5

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had the same theory, but it would only work if the hacked save can somehow be copied to the eShop download, assuming it's even compatible with that.
But apparently, just decrypting and importing a hacked save won't work. Part of the exploit/payload will be reset, and without that part working correctly the game will just crash.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my thougt is this would work for someone who already instaled oot from the eshop and then theyd have to use savedatafiler in .3ds format in classic mode to transfer the save.(which would require a physical copy anyway :P) but you could always sell/rent/return the physical copy when done. if this would even work.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
MK7, SM3DW, NSMB2 no zelda
Just to hijack this thread a little (as it's clearly run it's course) but do scene (or otherwise) dumps of those games exist that people can/have downloaded and installed to sysnand without issue? I've not read anything of that sort in the past but I don't see why it wouldn't work correctly.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to hijack this thread a little (as it's clearly run it's course) but do scene (or otherwise) dumps of those games exist that people can/have downloaded and installed to sysnand without issue? I've not read anything of that sort in the past but I don't see why it wouldn't work correctly.
You need to read more about this. You can't just install any game to your system nand if that was true we wouldn't need a gateway. Only legit .cia games and ware can be run in sysnand without any gateway patches. By legit means signed by nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill