Hacking Anyone have luck installing an OOT .cia to the n3ds sysnand?

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
it would be signed, you bought it on the console, the only problem would be the ticket not existing in sysnand, i already said how to fix that.
people have done this before with other stuff guys... come on :)
you don't need to reinstall the cia to sysnand, the contents are already on the sd card...

Sorry, I totally overlooked the part where he said eShop, and assumed he was going to install a CIA :P

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Sorry, I totally overlooked the part where he said eShop, and assumed he was going to install a CIA :P

i edited my post too :) i added a bit about you will need to have access to some hacks in order to put the ticket in sysnand, so yeah... sorry :(

Reactions: bache

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
i edited my post too :) i added a bit about you will need to have access to some hacks in order to put the ticket in sysnand, so yeah... sorry :(

In regards to generating Xorpads, rxTools should work, shouldn't it? Or is it not yet working for N3DS? Provided that I already have a physical copy of OoT to launch rxTools, would I be able to accomplish this now?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
In regards to generating Xorpads, rxTools should work, shouldn't it? Or is it not yet working for N3DS? Provided that I already have a physical copy of OoT to launch rxTools, would I be able to accomplish this now?

yeah, not on n3ds, the author said there are no real plans for n3ds support, i guess it might happen eventually, but - no real plans

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, not on n3ds, the author said there are no real plans for n3ds support, i guess it might happen eventually, but - no real plans
I know us 8.1 users can't install to sysnand because of the fact that gateway just doesn't work on 8.1 like at all. Do other users have this problem like 9.0,9.1,9.2 users? I'm planning on getting a hard mod done on this N3ds and it's nice being able to install stuff to the sysnand. I guess us 8.1 users are out of luck. About the region change thing your working on you need xopads to do that?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I know us 8.1 users can't install to sysnand because of the fact that gateway just doesn't work on 8.1 like at all. Do other users have this problem like 9.0,9.1,9.2 users? I'm planning on getting a hard mod done on this N3ds and it's nice being able to install stuff to the sysnand. I guess us 8.1 users are out of luck. About the region change thing your working on you need xopads to do that?

yeah you need xorpads right now.
maybe gw will fix 8.1 support :)
i think it should work fine for 9.x but i don't have it to test, but it sounds like 8.1 is just the problem - but we can update anyway so it is ok

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it should work fine for 9.x but i don't have it to test, but it sounds like 8.1 is just the problem - but we can update anyway so it is ok
Hopefully they will fix it. It's weird that the GW3D is still not before the version number even after emunand update. I was really wondering about 8.1 users and spider browser cia install on system nand. Since there is no browser installed on 8.1 would the system accept the spider cia update?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keyword bolded, it wouldn't appear that way to someone more logical. They are both equally susceptible to being blocked at any time.

That's incorrect, once sky3ds is blocked it's blocked forever. When gateway is blocked, as has happened before they can update their emunand compatibility. Gateway also allows manual installation of game updates for online play - meaning if you're stuck at a certain emunand for a while, it's not a big deal.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's incorrect, once sky3ds is blocked it's blocked forever.

I'm a gateway user, but to be honest, we don't know that yet, they might be able to update their card.

Also, even if it gets blocked, they're also safe by not updating their card and it will take at least a year until SOME games are not playable(that require fw higher than the version which blocked Sky3DS), and until then Karl3DS will probably be out which has emuNAND and regionfree/fw spoofing, which will basically make Sky3DS future proof (until Karl3DS team gets tired of updating it).

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we could install cias legitimately, one person in a group of friends could just share a gateway and everybody play games

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country

It doesn't work on 8.1 at all? Or are you able to install emunand on 8.1 and update that?

By update do you mean the emunand on an 8.1 console?

Taslion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we could install cias legitimately, one person in a group of friends could just share a gateway and everybody play games

Can't you technically actually do this? I mean can't you have your friends set up GW3DS Emunand on each of their 3ds and then let each of them use your card to install a .cia of say monster hunter via devmenu and then as long as you let them all boot into emunand with the red card I'm pretty sure they can boot up their illegitimate game and then pass on their card (or really pass on the card after booting into emunand alone). In fact as long as they never turn off their console or leave emunand (mh and super smash I'm lookin' at you) they could play their cia installs whenever/forever.

At least thats what I thought

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't you technically actually do this? I mean can't you have your friends set up GW3DS Emunand on each of their 3ds and then let each of them use your card to install a .cia of say monster hunter via devmenu and then as long as you let them all boot into emunand with the red card I'm pretty sure they can boot up their illegitimate game and then pass on their card (or really pass on the card after booting into emunand alone). In fact as long as they never turn off their console or leave emunand (mh and super smash I'm lookin' at you) they could play their cia installs whenever/forever.

At least thats what I thought

Well you could, but then they would have to forever have their 3ds in sleep mode and never accept an update, or if you live with friends then it'd be easier, but having to constantly meet up or something to let them borrow your card just to boot into emunand would be tiresome.

But the 'forever' idea doesn't work really, since there's always gonna be at one point, a huge mess and somehow getting kicked off emunand, it's inevitable.

But legitimate CIA's would mean once and then done, could even update to the latest sysnand and still play them. Now that'd be great...

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work on 8.1 at all? Or are you able to install emunand on 8.1 and update that?

By update do you mean the emunand on an 8.1 console?
Gateway does not work on 8.1. What I mean by that is you must use emunand once you boot gateway mode after zelda Oot it will go into gateway mode but you can't do anything and there's no GW3D before the version number. Thanks to cearp I was able to update my emunand and everything is working but still no GW3D before the version number even after updating

As far as I know 9.0,9.1,9.2 does not have this problem but I have heard of emunand not working on big microSD cards but I don't have this problem I did everything on a 32gb class 10 microSD

Taslion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway does not work on 8.1. What I mean by that is you must use emunand once you boot gateway mode after zelda Oot it will go into gateway mode but you can't do anything and there's no GW3D before the version number. Thanks to cearp I was able to update my emunand and everything is working but still no GW3D before the version number even after updating

As far as I know 9.0,9.1,9.2 does not have this problem but I have heard of emunand not working on big microSD cards but I don't have this problem I did everything on a 32gb class 10 microSD

Wait are you saying that 8.1 can't load roms(in emunand)? Because my Smash Bros JP N3DS is on 8.1 and that would really really blow

Taslion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would be able to do this if:

1. You purchased a copy of OOT from the eShop
2. There was a way to generate NAND xorpads on N3DS.

Is xorpad generation only possible on 4.5 firmware or is it simply not doable on n3ds yet because people haven't worked on it?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait are you saying that 8.1 can't load roms(in emunand)? Because my Smash Bros JP N3DS is on 8.1 and that would really really blow
Well no if you don't use a updated emunand like say if you used format emunand in the gateway menu then went into gateway mode nothing works. No mutirom menu, no classic mode, no devmenu, no gw3d you must turn on your WiFi and wait for the update to download by itself then update though the homemenu WHILE IN EMUNAND!! I can't stress enough that you must make sure your in emunand. Unlinking sysnand and emunand would probably be the easiest way to know

This only applys to n3ds xl or normal 8.1 Japan I don't think there is any other region that has 8.1 on the n3ds

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keyword bolded, it wouldn't appear that way to someone more logical. They are both equally susceptible to being blocked at any time.

Equally susceptible? Someone more logical would realize that SKY3DS risks being blocked at any time on any device. Since the use of eShop, online play, and newer games relies on a SKY3DS user updating the sysNAND, that's the opposite of what it means to be future-proof.

Gateway's long-term emuNAND status on the N3DS appears up in the air and might require large amounts of time between updates, which was not something widely known when I made my comments, but it still appears likely to be more future-proof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place