Anyone have luck installing an OOT .cia to the n3ds sysnand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Taslion, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Taslion
    OP

Taslion Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2015
    United States
    Wondering if some brave souls have tried doing this (thus making their console effectively only needing the gateway card)?

Edit: Maybe a time better spent would be looking for the BBB release of the Ocarina of Time Demo and see if you can put that on sysnand and if it then boots the exploit.

2. andre104623

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    It has to be legit .cia

And I don't think there is any I might be wrong but I can't find one

3. Taslion
    OP

Taslion Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2015
    United States
    Ah I see, so it needs to be a bundled .cia? Bummer.

4. andre104623

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Your title should of been "Has anyone tried to install spider browser to the N3ds sysnand". That's a better question

cearp, Taslion and zoogie like this.
  5. Taslion
    OP

Taslion Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2015
    United States
    Now that I think of it... yeah it is. Lol. That would probably be a lot more sensible to overwrite.

It would be cool though if the demo of OOT was working or something though. The OOT boot process is still internet-free which is a great perk.

6. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    well, i was just wondering about this today. but what is the exact difference between a " home made" .cia and a legit .cia?

7. andre104623

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah it goes well with a 80 dollar collectable 3ds game along with your 80 dollar flashcard

8. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    im not understanding the concept here

so what are you tryignt o do exaxtly? and why can't it be done
    here is what i am assuming

you can buy legit cia of OOT from eshop but you cant use it because you cant switch the sav file with GW exploited sav file( i have no idea where installed cia's put their sav files, do they go on the SD, or get embedded into the installled files,i assume they would get embedded into the files somehow like card2 games)

you cant make your own cia with GW exploited sav file added into it and re encrypt it and install it to the sysnand
    is this right
    sorry i have no idea how saves work, and especially have no idea how they work with installed games either legit of through devmen

9. andre104623

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    No the legit .cia game has to come with a system out-of-box

10. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    CIA files save to the SD, and saves can actually be drag 'n dropped with a computer, it's just that they aren't labeled, so you'll be trial/error-ing your way through trying to replace the .sav file

? is it not being sold in the eShop anymore?

11. Nic333

Nic333 GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2014
    Brazil

Not exactly, .cias made with make_cdn_cia should work since you are using all the contents of the signed .cia (tmd, cetk, and contents), but i don't have an <5.x eshop game purchased so i can't test. Ok Sorry, this might be wrong, didn't knew that eshop tickets are console unique.

12. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    but how can you run a cia installed through devmen in sysnand without having a GW card to patch the checks?
    i dont even think you can run installed cia's in sysnand at all unless it works in classic mode(not sure do cia installed to system and run at all? even with GW?)
    installed cia's wont run in emunand without GW card in and probably not at all in sysnand unless in GW classic mode with red card in' and how can you install a cia w/o GW inthe 1st place, you cant

cant use CFW since you cant downgrade N3ds to 4.5

13. Taslion
    OP

Taslion Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2015
    United States
    I'm pretty sure only idiots are buying a copy of OOT that costs that much over a sky3ds that will have much more versatility

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I had the same theory, but it would only work if the hacked save can somehow be copied to the eShop download, assuming it's even compatible with that.
    But apparently, just decrypting and importing a hacked save won't work. Part of the exploit/payload will be reset, and without that part working correctly the game will just crash.

15. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    my thougt is this would work for someone who already instaled oot from the eshop and then theyd have to use savedatafiler in .3ds format in classic mode to transfer the save.(which would require a physical copy anyway :P) but you could always sell/rent/return the physical copy when done. if this would even work.

16. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    Was there such a thing? I mean basically if one of those LE Zelda consoles didn't come with OOT then it's /thread.

17. andre104623

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    MK7, SM3DW, NSMB2 no zelda

18. andre104623

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah? look on ebay for a Japan copy then get back to me I just bought one today

19. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    Just to hijack this thread a little (as it's clearly run it's course) but do scene (or otherwise) dumps of those games exist that people can/have downloaded and installed to sysnand without issue? I've not read anything of that sort in the past but I don't see why it wouldn't work correctly.

20. andre104623

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    You need to read more about this. You can't just install any game to your system nand if that was true we wouldn't need a gateway. Only legit .cia games and ware can be run in sysnand without any gateway patches. By legit means signed by nintendo