Hacking Anyone have luck installing an OOT .cia to the n3ds sysnand?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to read more about this. You can't just install any game to your system nand if that was true we wouldn't need a gateway. Only legit .cia games and ware can be run in sysnand without any gateway patches. By legit means signed by nintendo
Happy to if you have anything that relates to bundled games specifically. It's my understand that those titles are not keyed to a particular console and if extracted can be transplanted onto another sysnand, Unlike those bought from the eShop or decrypted from ROMs.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to if you have anything that relates to bundled games specifically. It's my understand that those titles are not keyed to a particular console and if extracted can be transplanted onto another sysnand, Unlike those bought from the eShop or decrypted from ROMs.
There is this "iso" site that can maybe answer you questions (google is your friend)

If you looking for some kind of Steven hawking answer then sorry I can't give it to you

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With emunand working, Gateway+OoT appears likely to be more future-proof than SKY3DS on the N3DS.
No way, People don't understand yet. When 9.6 comes out you will N3ds users are going to have to wait for there emunand updates. It could be weeks or months. The N3ds uses new keys so old 3ds user won't have this problem ever (unless they change the keys again)

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
There is this "iso" site that can maybe answer you questions (google is your friend)

If you looking for some kind of Steven hawking answer then sorry I can't give it to you
Just did a quick 'google' and found that I was right in saying bundled games can be injected into SYSNAND. so if there ever was an OoT bundled game then this would have worked a treat. But there wasn't. Perhaps GW should have targeted another title that -did- have a bundled release then using a retail cart would be a 'one time' thing instead of every single reboot. Good idea OP btw.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way, People don't understand yet. When 9.6 comes out you will N3ds users are going to have to wait for there emunand updates. It could be weeks or months. The N3ds uses new keys so old 3ds user won't have this problem ever (unless they change the keys again)

Is there any reason to believe this is true?

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to read more about this. You can't just install any game to your system nand if that was true we wouldn't need a gateway. Only legit .cia games and ware can be run in sysnand without any gateway patches. By legit means signed by nintendo
exactly, and a little bit more info:

the reason why .cia's from NUS3ds,updateCDN and those "legit cia's, from pre-installed console's " works, is that they are universal signed (for every console).

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
from my testing, for some reason we can't even install CIAs properly signed to our OWN console, only the 'universal'/generic ones work...
weird :)

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from my testing, for some reason we can't even install CIAs properly signed to our OWN console, only the 'universal'/generic ones work...
weird :)

Could it work to buy OOT in linked emunand and then replace sysnand's ticket.db entirely with emunand's?

Taslion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the feeling someone may have a solution like this in the future so that having to switch cards all the time can be ditched (I'd like both of the n3ds I own to not rely on the only sky3ds I'm going to buy)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm getting the feeling someone may have a solution like this in the future so that having to switch cards all the time can be ditched (I'd like both of the n3ds I own to not rely on the only sky3ds I'm going to buy)

well, there is a solution, you can buy the game on emunand and yeah.. just like any content, put the ticket in your sysnand ticket.db and play it on sysnand.
i'm sure if you use 4.5 cfw to load savedatafiler and extract the exploit save from a oot cart, that you can apply it to the eshop version and it will work

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well, there is a solution, you can buy the game on emunand and yeah.. just like any content, put the ticket in your sysnand ticket.db and play it on sysnand.
i'm sure if you use 4.5 cfw to load savedatafiler and extract the exploit save from a oot cart, that you can apply it to the eshop version and it will work
I guess this would only work with linked NANDs? I was just thinking about using this to get my GBA ambassador games on sysNAND, but since I did an emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer my NANDs arent linked and afaik can't be linked again?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I guess this would only work with linked NANDs? I was just thinking about using this to get my GBA ambassador games on sysNAND, but since I did an emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer my NANDs arent linked and afaik can't be linked again?

it will still work/should work if they are not 'linked' - i am pretty sure

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess the possible steps could be:
1. Make emuNAND and update it to 9.5 and leave it linked to sysNAND
2. Download OOT from eShop on emuNAND
3. Play OOT once to let it create a save file on SD
4. Locate that save file on SD and replace it by the hacked save file (It should be labeled similar to the saves provided by GW, e.g. AQEP.sav for the EU version. At least this was the case for Persona Q.)
5. Start OOT on sysNAND and hope it works

This is all theory until someone actually tries this :lol:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
4. Locate that save file on SD and replace it by the hacked save file (It should be labeled similar to the saves provided by GW, e.g. AQEP.sav for the EU version. At least this was the case for Persona Q.)

no, the game won't run on sysnand, sysnand doesn't have the ticket - so you will need to inject the ticket to sysnand, or simply the whole ticket.db
and saves are not as simple as replacing the file on sd - that is why we would need to use savadatafiler

it will work, there is nothing specific about oot3d, but technically we can't do this yet because we don't have decryption on n3ds so we cannot get our ticket.db

bache

Trophies
XP
Country

It wouldn't work though as OoT wouldn't be signed/licensed.

Someone tell me as to if my idea is completely unfeasible:
1. Hardmod N3DS
2. Make SysNAND backup
3. Update N3DS to latest version
4. Purchase and download OoT from eShop
5. Make SysNAND backup on 9.5
6. Copy all of the licensing files from the 9.5 backup into the <9.2 backup
7. Restore 9.2 backup to N3DS
8. Install OoT CIA to SysNAND

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It wouldn't work though as OoT wouldn't be signed/licensed.

Someone tell me as to if my idea is completely unfeasible:
1. Hardmod N3DS
2. Make SysNAND backup
3. Update N3DS to latest version
4. Purchase and download OoT from eShop
5. Make SysNAND backup on 9.5
6. Copy all of the licensing files from the 9.5 backup into the <9.2 backup
7. Restore 9.2 backup to N3DS
8. Install OoT CIA to SysNAND

it would be signed, you bought it on the console, the only problem would be the ticket not existing in sysnand, i already said how to fix that.
people have done this before with other stuff guys... come on :)
you don't need to reinstall the cia to sysnand, the contents are already on the sd card...

but yes, this should work, when we can generate xorpads on the n3ds and decrypt our nand.
but in order to generated xorpads, you need to run the hack, and if you don't have oot3d, well, you won't be able to :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4