Anyone ever get the tired of playing Japanese only games

tiamat999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's wierd I played through phantasy star portable 2 infinity can easily navigate the menus by heart and suddenly I just can't play it much any more

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the courage to play language barrier games unless its very simple to get through the story like hack/slash type games. JRPG's just have too much going on to understand the core functions of gameplay. Nowadays we are getting ports so its not as bad as it used to be during the psp/ps3 era. Phantasy Star games will always be Jpn exclusive guess you can blame Sega atleast Phantasy Star Online 2 has a very active translation community.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For me, it depends on the games more than the language. And since I'm mostly playing rhythm games in Japanese, the language isn't an issue. I would probably grow bored of playing a game I don't understand if it is story heavy. It would defeat the purpose of playing to an extent.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unless I know why am I spending my time for, I can see little reason to mindlessly press buttons to make stuff happen on screen.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Am I the only one who is too busy drowning in English (or translated to English) to even NOTICE Japanese only games? :unsure:

If so: no. I'm sorry, but I can manage to not play Japanese games perfectly fine. For me to even start to get tired of it, I would need...erm...a strange kind of tsunami that would somehow drown and take out my steam library, my GoG library, all games on my mobile devices, consoles, handhelds, PC and my physical games. As well as those available elsewhere (aside from Japan, obviously). I...not to sound condescending, but I don't see that happening any time soon. :unsure:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah. I played many of the Pokemon games on DS in Japanese, because they came out 6 months or more earlier in Japan and I couldn't wait. It's not as enjoyable when you can't understand any of the story, I did beat Black almost entirely in Japanese though, using the partial translation patch. But the other ones I didn't get as far in, kinda got bored of playing in Japanese.
I also tried playing Phantom Hourglass in Japanese but I didn't get very far in that at all, the game is just kind of boring to me in general, plus I got stuck easily when I couldn't understand anything.

Spokenlastchance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sitting here asking myself how you could enjoy playing a game that you cannot even understand. It would be one thing if language didn't matter say like candy crush, but if you're playing anything with any sort of story you need to know what's going on. The only type of game I could see it not mattering is a mindless fps multiplayer, racing, or puzzle games.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I'm sitting here asking myself how you could enjoy playing a game that you cannot even understand. It would be one thing if language didn't matter say like candy crush, but if you're playing anything with any sort of story you need to know what's going on. The only type of game I could see it not mattering is a mindless fps multiplayer, racing, or puzzle games.
Ever played a game that need no explanation to play?? Is not that hard.
Rhythm and platform games are usually like that.

Spokenlastchance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever played a game that need no explanation to play?? Is not that hard.
Rhythm and platform games are usually like that.

I generally play at games besides the foremention because of some sort of story. I cannot imagine a game catching my interest that much to take me away from English based games besides for posterity. However, that is just my own stance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-