Hacking Anyone else disapointed with GBA flash cart hardware?

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I thought we'd have a flawless micro-SD based GBA solution by now (i.e., not requiring slot-2 ram banks with barely any memory or shoddy Supercard GBA implementations). Someone told me a few M3 variants have good support, but they are way too expensive for what would probably be barely better than Supercard slot-2 solutions.

Anyone know of a good GBA flash cart that I may have missed?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to have a "flawless" GBA flash cart. Cannot be done, due to technical issues.

Too many games use custom hardware for that. Fitting the eReader card scanner, solar sensor, rumble, tilt sensor, and so on into one unit simply wouldn't work.

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
Fitting the eReader card scanner, solar sensor, rumble, tilt sensor, and so on into one unit simply wouldn't work.

Oh I know that. That would be impossible. I just wanted a full compatibility zero slowdown micro sd clean rom supported GBA cart.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, if you haven't tried it, then you really can't say there isn't a good GBA cart there..
Mr Lite Perfect is really awesome cart, especially if you use it only for GBA gaming..It's RTS for GBA works great., it has nearly 100% game compatibility (as theclaw said it, it's really impossible to make 100% compatible cart, but that's the reason they patch the games)..

And listen to PharaohsVizier, he's a guy with lots of experience when it comes to such matter..If you can, get yourself M3 Lite, and you shouldn't be dissapointed..(it also takes up to 2GB microSD, that is a LOT GBA games to have on one place, probably ll the games you'll ever want to play)..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!