Hacking Anyone else disapointed with GBA flash cart hardware?

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I thought we'd have a flawless micro-SD based GBA solution by now (i.e., not requiring slot-2 ram banks with barely any memory or shoddy Supercard GBA implementations). Someone told me a few M3 variants have good support, but they are way too expensive for what would probably be barely better than Supercard slot-2 solutions.

Anyone know of a good GBA flash cart that I may have missed?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to have a "flawless" GBA flash cart. Cannot be done, due to technical issues.

Too many games use custom hardware for that. Fitting the eReader card scanner, solar sensor, rumble, tilt sensor, and so on into one unit simply wouldn't work.

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
Fitting the eReader card scanner, solar sensor, rumble, tilt sensor, and so on into one unit simply wouldn't work.

Oh I know that. That would be impossible. I just wanted a full compatibility zero slowdown micro sd clean rom supported GBA cart.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, if you haven't tried it, then you really can't say there isn't a good GBA cart there..
Mr Lite Perfect is really awesome cart, especially if you use it only for GBA gaming..It's RTS for GBA works great., it has nearly 100% game compatibility (as theclaw said it, it's really impossible to make 100% compatible cart, but that's the reason they patch the games)..

And listen to PharaohsVizier, he's a guy with lots of experience when it comes to such matter..If you can, get yourself M3 Lite, and you shouldn't be dissapointed..(it also takes up to 2GB microSD, that is a LOT GBA games to have on one place, probably ll the games you'll ever want to play)..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all