Anyone else bored?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kosaic, Jun 27, 2009.

Jun 27, 2009

Anyone else bored? by Kosaic at 5:35 PM (3,207 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. Kosaic
    OP

Member Kosaic GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I have to say that the last month+ have been extremely boring as it relates to modding Wii's ....

Since the USB Loader, BootMii, BannerBomb, various Waninkoko releases and the EPIC FAIL of SoftMii, there is nothing more we can do, except watch the USB Loader threads ... Even those are nearing an end in my opinion.

We need Nintendo to drop an update or something, to get the interest back in modding (outside the obvious NooB related stuff)

I guess for now, we are stuck actually playing games on the darn thing [​IMG]

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    lol well that's what it's for anyway

3. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

4. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Well, who has the time to do something exciting in the middle of summer? [​IMG] I was doing some themes for Hibern's WiiFlow but I think it's pretty much on hold now.. The heat makes me lazy, I guess it does the same for others.. [​IMG]

5. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    That's the funny thing, I have spent more time trying to mod my wii and fix its problems then playing games on it.

6. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    just wait for cIOS rev14...and the ability to play all wiiware/vc titles off of the hard drive. Can't wait to see what kind of loaders pop up for that.

7. Bladexdsl

Australia
    i wonder if the ww/vc use wbfs?

8. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    no idea yet. Waninkoko hasn't said yet. all he's said is that they have to be unpacked.

9. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    It uses FAT, wbfs is only used for discs

10. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I don't think so.
    WBFS is meant for backups. And people would have too much trouble installing them on WBFS

11. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    ah, i stand corrected.

Good, I'd prefer it that way. Easier to manage.

I can only imagine how many topics there will be about "how do I get 2 partitions on my hard drive?" or "its not seeing my fat partition!".

lol

12. Bladexdsl

Australia
    glad i planned ahead a long time ago my drive already has 2 partitions [​IMG]

13. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    same, I have a 100GB fat partition as my first, then a 800 GB Partition as my WBFS one.

and to answer the topic, yes, I am bored, lol. Think i'll go play a few games.

14. Fiesty Panda

Banned Fiesty Panda Banned

United States
    Oh my... I just realized how beast that would make the wii. Once a gamecube usb loader is released (come on waninkoko!), you would be able to have one usb loader, pressing up or down would cycle between NES, SNES, N64, GC and Wii boxes, you'd click on the game you'd like to play. It'd be like CoverFloader, cheats built in, downloads box arts, would be able to play ANY NINTENDO GAME EVER CREATED!! Just like how we thought the Nintendo Revolution was going to be at launch. I hope to god cIOS rev14 comes out soon. That and a gamecube USB loader. You'd go out of buisness though, Troy, you'd have one channel for everything, what apps would you make forwarders for? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, a gamecube loader that loads gamecube games from usb isn't going to happen, nor is any method that would use hardware you couldn't get on a gamecube.

And Troy wouldn't "go out of business". Not everyone prefers the VC emulators. The only time I can really justify their use is with N64 or other systems that you can't emulate with homebrew. And even then, homebrew N64 emulation is being more developed. You do also realize that VC games are much larger than when you use hombrew emulators?

16. and0r

Banned and0r Banned

United States
    can you further explain the epic fail of softmii and how it succeeded in failing?

17. Kosaic
    OP

Member Kosaic GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Not sure how to respond ..

What does Softmii give you, that you didnt already have? It's repackaged mod software taken from others, and made into a package with a pretty guide.

No more.

18. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I hear a few things about the possibility of a USB GC Loader. One the one hand, you get the fact that when the wii enters GC mode, it doesn't allow access to the extras like SD and USB, so it's impossible. On the other hand, I've heard rumours that it would be "relatively simple" to tamper to open up USB access. Something about rewriting MIOS or NAND or something for GC images.

Either way, I hear most people who can try it out, are just leaving it be. I've even heard the argument that GC doesn't have games worth the effort. We can only keep on praying and waiting for some miracle to come by and make the Wii into that "all-in-one" console that people wished it would be. At least until the Wii2 comes out with upgraded hardware that can actually keep up with the other 7th gen consoles.

That said, the Wii2 would be an 8th gen console, so even then it would still be wanting.

19. ppc_gba

Member ppc_gba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I thought it was impossible to load GC games from usb also. But then I saw a video from crediar where he runs a gamecube game on the wii with the processor clocked at wii speed. I guess someone would need to further hack the mios, possibly just implement the usb2 support that was already written for the wii backup launcher.

20. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    I believe it was BC that shuts down the un-GC parts when entering the GC mode, so the BC needs to be patched to not to shut down USB and then the USB drivers could be added to MIOS. As I think of it, the long awaited SD card saving would also be possible? Agreed on wouldn't it be great to have all in one application.. Like XBMC.. [​IMG]