Hacking Anyone else bored?

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have to say that the last month+ have been extremely boring as it relates to modding Wii's ....

Since the USB Loader, BootMii, BannerBomb, various Waninkoko releases and the EPIC FAIL of SoftMii, there is nothing more we can do, except watch the USB Loader threads ... Even those are nearing an end in my opinion.

We need Nintendo to drop an update or something, to get the interest back in modding (outside the obvious NooB related stuff)

I guess for now, we are stuck actually playing games on the darn thing
smile.gif

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, who has the time to do something exciting in the middle of summer?
biggrin.gif
I was doing some themes for Hibern's WiiFlow but I think it's pretty much on hold now.. The heat makes me lazy, I guess it does the same for others..
biggrin.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ah, i stand corrected.

Good, I'd prefer it that way. Easier to manage.

I can only imagine how many topics there will be about "how do I get 2 partitions on my hard drive?" or "its not seeing my fat partition!".

lol

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
just wait for cIOS rev14...and the ability to play all wiiware/vc titles off of the hard drive. Can't wait to see what kind of loaders pop up for that.
Oh my... I just realized how beast that would make the wii. Once a gamecube usb loader is released (come on waninkoko!), you would be able to have one usb loader, pressing up or down would cycle between NES, SNES, N64, GC and Wii boxes, you'd click on the game you'd like to play. It'd be like CoverFloader, cheats built in, downloads box arts, would be able to play ANY NINTENDO GAME EVER CREATED!! Just like how we thought the Nintendo Revolution was going to be at launch. I hope to god cIOS rev14 comes out soon. That and a gamecube USB loader. You'd go out of buisness though, Troy, you'd have one channel for everything, what apps would you make forwarders for?
excl.gif
excl.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
toot.gif
rofl.gif
glare.gif
rofl.gif
ninja.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
yay.gif
excl.gif
excl.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a gamecube loader that loads gamecube games from usb isn't going to happen, nor is any method that would use hardware you couldn't get on a gamecube.

And Troy wouldn't "go out of business". Not everyone prefers the VC emulators. The only time I can really justify their use is with N64 or other systems that you can't emulate with homebrew. And even then, homebrew N64 emulation is being more developed. You do also realize that VC games are much larger than when you use hombrew emulators?

and0r

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Since the USB Loader, BootMii, BannerBomb, various Waninkoko releases and the EPIC FAIL of SoftMii, there is nothing more we can do, except watch the USB Loader threads ... Even those are nearing an end in my opinion.

can you further explain the epic fail of softmii and how it succeeded in failing?

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure how to respond ..

What does Softmii give you, that you didnt already have? It's repackaged mod software taken from others, and made into a package with a pretty guide.

No more.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I hear a few things about the possibility of a USB GC Loader. One the one hand, you get the fact that when the wii enters GC mode, it doesn't allow access to the extras like SD and USB, so it's impossible. On the other hand, I've heard rumours that it would be "relatively simple" to tamper to open up USB access. Something about rewriting MIOS or NAND or something for GC images.

Either way, I hear most people who can try it out, are just leaving it be. I've even heard the argument that GC doesn't have games worth the effort. We can only keep on praying and waiting for some miracle to come by and make the Wii into that "all-in-one" console that people wished it would be. At least until the Wii2 comes out with upgraded hardware that can actually keep up with the other 7th gen consoles.

That said, the Wii2 would be an 8th gen console, so even then it would still be wanting.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was impossible to load GC games from usb also. But then I saw a video from crediar where he runs a gamecube game on the wii with the processor clocked at wii speed. I guess someone would need to further hack the mios, possibly just implement the usb2 support that was already written for the wii backup launcher.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I believe it was BC that shuts down the un-GC parts when entering the GC mode, so the BC needs to be patched to not to shut down USB and then the USB drivers could be added to MIOS. As I think of it, the long awaited SD card saving would also be possible? Agreed on wouldn't it be great to have all in one application.. Like XBMC..
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.