Anybody mind explaining to me why we need to "nourish" hair?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriousley why do shampoo bottles always say something like
"Revitalizes hair" " keeps hair nourished"

From what school has taught me, hair is made up of dead cells that grow out of the folicle. So your telling me i must restore "bounce and shine" to something thats dead?? :rofl2:

This is like me digging up my great grandma like "bitch sit up u need your vitamin c"

Why the heck do they say nourish rather than cleans/brightens or something?

drenal

that guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_20171026-181731.png

Now I'm getting these ads

Reactions: migles and ThoD

Mr_Reaper

Newcomer
Trophies
The dark endless abyss of empty eternal oblivion.
Website
tinyvast.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's right, your hair is dead.
And if you don't provide nourishment to it, it will start hungering brains, like many dead things do, especially at this time of year.
If you don't provide enough nourishment for your hair from the shampoo, then, while you are sleeping, your malnourished hair will slowly creep into your ears, nose, and mouth, and seek out your juicy brain.... Or maybe it will seek out the brain of the person you are sleeping next to....

So if you wake up and your hair looks all messed up, it's not bedhead -- it's because your hair has been wiggling around all night, crawling into your face holes, slurping down brain juice. That's why you feel so foggy-headed when you first wake up too. And if you ever wake up with hair in your mouth, that's a sure sign your hair has been entering your mouth while you sleep to try and get to your brain....

The only sure prevention is to cut your hair very short so it can't reach any orifices.
Or, for heaven's sake, don't skimp out on the nourishing shampoo!! Do you really want to take that chance??

Well, one other solution it to plug your ears, nose, and mouth while you sleep, so that hair can't get in, and be sure you don't sleep with your head next to anyone else. Well, at least not within hair-range of their head orifices. I mean, you can reverse your sleeping position and sleep with your head near their butt instead of their head, but then your hair might still attempt to seek brains, and go in the wrong orifice, and then you'll wake up with smelly hair.... So really, the best solution is to use the damn shampoo to nourish your hair!

True fact: the so-called "propylene glycol" ingredient you find in shampoo is actually brain cells.

You don't believe me? Consider this!

propylene glycol is an anagram for "lop pony grey cell" because they produce it by harvesting the brains (grey cells) of ponies after lopping off their heads!

They do this and put it into shampoo to make sure your hair stays nourished with brain juice so it doesn't go full-on undead brain-eater on you while you sleep. Go ahead and look at your bottle of shampoo, and you will see it has this ingredient! The government started doing this after the terrible unwashed hippie hair attack back in the 60s.... Before that, they used to try and combat the problem with the short "pixie" haircuts and separate beds in the 50s, but once the hippies came along with their long hair and communal sleeping, that was no longer an option, so the CIA came up with the pony brain additive for all shampoo....

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Wash your hair or face the consequences!!!!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And if you don't provide nourishment to it, it will start hungering brains, like many dead things do, especially at this time of year.
If you don't provide enough nourishment for your hair from the shampoo, then, while you are sleeping, your malnourished hair will slowly creep into your ears, nose, and mouth, and seek out your juicy brain.... Or maybe it will seek out the brain of the person you are sleeping next to....

So if you wake up and your hair looks all messed up, it's not bedhead -- it's because your hair has been wiggling around all night, crawling into your face holes, slurping down brain juice. That's why you feel so foggy-headed when you first wake up too. And if you ever wake up with hair in your mouth, that's a sure sign your hair has been entering your mouth while you sleep to try and get to your brain....

The only sure prevention is to cut your hair very short so it can't reach any orifices.
Or, for heaven's sake, don't skimp out on the nourishing shampoo!! Do you really want to take that chance??

Well, one other solution it to plug your ears, nose, and mouth while you sleep, so that hair can't get in, and be sure you don't sleep with your head next to anyone else. Well, at least not within hair-range of their head orifices. I mean, you can reverse your sleeping position and sleep with your head near their butt instead of their head, but then your hair might still attempt to seek brains, and go in the wrong orifice, and then you'll wake up with smelly hair.... So really, the best solution is to use the damn shampoo to nourish your hair!

True fact: the so-called "propylene glycol" ingredient you find in shampoo is actually brain cells.

propylene glycol is an anagram for "lop pony grey cell" because they produce it by harvesting the brains (grey cells) of ponies after lopping off their heads!

They do this and put it into shampoo to make sure your hair stays nourished with brain juice so it doesn't go full-on undead brain-eater on you while you sleep. Go ahead and look at your bottle of shampoo, and you will see it has this ingredient! The government started doing this after the terrible unwashed hippie hair attack back in the 60s.... Before that, they used to try and combat the problem with the short "pixie" haircuts and separate beds in the 50s, but once the hippies came along with their long hair and communal sleeping, that was no longer an option, so the CIA came up with the pony brain additive for all shampoo....

I couldn't decide if you were joking, trolling or being honestly idiotic:rofl2:

Anyway, here's the real reason shampoo bottles/ads have such words on them:
The hair dies and dries up, that also means it doesn't produce the oils it needs to until the dead cells are cleaned off. When you use a normal shampoo, the dead cells go away and the hair is cleaned, then it repairs itself and produces new oil (which is a good thing despite what people think). When you use one of those fancy shampoos that do all that revitalizing or whatever, it's the same thing, but rather than letting the hair repair itself and produce natural good oils, part of the shampoo stays on the hair in the sockets where the dead cells were, as if it's patching up the holes, and comes with artificial oils. That means that the hair won't repair itself, it won't produce natural oil (which makes the hair soft) and basically acts like a sort of cell glue keeping the hair together. Sure, after a long time, the hair will still repairing itself to some degree, but if you stop using those shampoos, you will see how your hair will get really brittle, perhaps you may even lose some hairs (which unsurprisingly is a common thing for many women) and so on until the natural repairing of the hair kicks back in. Because the artificial oils harden the hair, they also force you to pay for stuff like conditioners and that crap. Just get a cheap shampoo or even plain old soap and you won't have any problems with hair for your entire life, unless you have genetic baldness or something like that!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I couldn't decide if you were joking, trolling or being honestly idiotic:rofl2:

The hair dies and dries up, that also means it doesn't produce the oils it needs to until the dead cells are cleaned off. When you use a normal shampoo, the dead cells go away and the hair is cleaned, then it repairs itself and produces new oil (which is a good thing despite what people think). When you use one of those fancy shampoos that do all that revitalizing or whatever, it's the same thing, but rather than letting the hair repair itself and produce natural good oils, part of the shampoo stays on the hair in the sockets where the dead cells were, as if it's patching up the holes, and comes with artificial oils. That means that the hair won't repair itself, it won't produce natural oil (which makes the hair soft) and basically acts like a sort of cell glue keeping the hair together. Sure, after a long time, the hair will still repairing itself to some degree, but if you stop using those shampoos, you will see how your hair will get really brittle, perhaps you may even lose some hairs (which unsurprisingly is a common thing for many women) and so on until the natural repairing of the hair kicks back in. Because the artificial oils harden the hair, they also force you to pay for stuff like conditioners and that crap. Just get a cheap shampoo or even plain old soap and you won't have any problems with hair for your entire life, unless you have genetic baldness or something like that!
What about people like me who have issues with dandruff/dry scalp? We can't really use cheap shampoo unless we want it to snow from our heads.

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica

Zombie hair, they are coming for you

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What about people like me who have issues with dandruff/dry scalp? We can't really use cheap shampoo unless we want it to snow from our heads.
Anti-dandruff shampoo is different, I was talking about the fancy shampoos women use. I got dry scalp too btw... Anyway, anti-dandruff one has a moisturizer inside that sits on the scalp rather than hair when showering, greatly lowering the amount of VISIBLE dandruff (the flakes) since less is produced as the skin is less dry and less craggy, however, it doesn't stop it completely.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

gbatemp gold
by a member that joined a month ago
i like you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok seriously, when i wash my hair with dandruff remover shampoo it's when the dandruff starts to really appear i am pulling some conspiracy theory here about dandruff being dry shampoo leftovers and it's all a scam

so dandruff is the white cells leftovers of the ponie's brain trying to get free and reproduce to evolve into an angry pony again and get their revenge on human race?

Reactions: ThoD

Mr_Reaper

Newcomer
Trophies
The dark endless abyss of empty eternal oblivion.
Website
tinyvast.com
XP
Country
United States

Oh, you poor, naive soul.... *pats your head*
As long as you keep using the shampoo, for whatever reason you were taught to believe, then you'll be fine, even if you don't know the truth about zombie hair.

gbatemp gold
by a member that joined a month ago
i like you.

*adjusts monocle and looks closely*

Now, you say you like me...
And yet I am not seeing a "like" coming from your account. Hmmmmmm. :glare:

so dandruff is the white cells leftovers of the ponie's brain trying to get free and reproduce to evolve into an angry pony again and get their revenge on human race?

Hey now, don't confuse the issue with your crazy conspiracy theories!
Zombie hair is a serious issue....

Reactions: ThoD

drenal

that guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you poor, naive soul.... *pats your head*
As long as you keep using the shampoo, for whatever reason you were taught to believe, then you'll be fine, even if you don't know the truth about zombie hair.

*adjusts monocle and looks closely*

Now, you say you like me...
And yet I am not seeing a "like" coming from your account. Hmmmmmm. :glare:

Hey now, don't confuse the issue with your crazy conspiracy theories!
Zombie hair is a serious issue....
I don't have zombie hair tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +2
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol +1