ROM Hack Antisavegame Restore / Secure Value Updater (PS, ACNL, PRW, SSB, XY, ORAS...)

Atdgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svdt can now automatically update the secure value, just play the game before restoring an old save and it should work, even with pokemon rumble world.

This app is now more like an alternative method and source of information for the secure value.

How do I install svdt?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit 2: i feel like an idiot. i just now realised that i needed to fix ALL the files, not just one.
ignore this please ; A;

Last edited by regigiygas,

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you edit, don't erase the original post. Now I have to ask you: which game?
oops, sorry.
ACNL. when I was using marc_max's New Leaf Save Editor, I messed up and ended up with two different NAND values and it wouldn't recognise the save file I was trying to inject.

I didn't realise at the time that I needed to fix all the files that had been created by YouTube/homebrew (which were like 8) as opposed to just the one file (which was why it still wasn't getting recognised)

I did that and everything worked perfectly.

so, thank you for making this great tool!

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know what you did wrong, but for the record, only garde.dat is needed for animal crossing NL

Flazey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you start a new game and backup the latest save between each restore? once you run the game, your latest save isn't the latest anymore.
If you did, send me your files trough pm and I'll take a look at them.
I started over Rumble World Then I backed it up and I put it in the "new folder" and it didn't work BTW just downloaded TDVs is there a youtube turtoral anywhere

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to use a new savegame from the same game.
New refers to last time booted, not erasing your save.

Flazey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use a new savegame from the same game.
New refers to last time booted, not erasing your save.

My savegame got corrupted So I started over Then I had a working Save File but I had to start over I putted that File as my back up in the New folder and putted my corrupted old save to the Old folder

Hood-Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can, a new latest save refers to the last valid savegame, progress independent. Use svdt to restore your save, no need to use my pc tool since svdt can make the same my tool does but on 3ds and reading the new value directly from the 3ds save.

Reactions: Hood-Boy

Hood-Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes you can, a new latest save refers to the last valid savegame, progress independent. Use svdt to restore your save, no need to use my pc tool since svdt can make the same my tool does but on 3ds and reading the new value directly from the 3ds save.

ty so much, my little sister would have killed me. All fine again :)

ChronoX123

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My pokemon shuffle got corrupted and I have no idea why. I did exactly as I used to, but got corrupted using that exploit that gives max health, money, jewels and speed ups (PokemonShuffleSavePatcher). I was so happy that i managed to hit the Charizard Y ranking (I'm Rulian) but the save got corrupted when I tried to add the itens. I can't help myself this time. Can someone help me?

Edit: Forgot to say that I have my clean back up, but don't know how to make it work again.

Last edited by ChronoX123,

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Found the secure value for MH4U. My brother corrupted the save file, but I managed to find the correct offset and restore his save profile.

The secure value for MH4U (after decrypting the user1/user2/user3 file with the help of the batch file of this thread) is found in 0x110. Specifically, these values:
uUum8bx.png

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@TamDanny So, does each user file have a secure value of its own?
Also, how are the files exactly encrypted?

I'll need some savegames and a tester to add this to svdt and the patcher.
Anyone interested please contact me via pm.

update: just found a nice blowfish encription library in C which should give no problems on 3ds, I just need the saves to test it and get it working on computer. After the computer program works fine, adding it to svdt is almost copy paste.

My pokemon shuffle got corrupted and I have no idea why. I did exactly as I used to, but got corrupted using that exploit that gives max health, money, jewels and speed ups (PokemonShuffleSavePatcher). I was so happy that i managed to hit the Charizard Y ranking (I'm Rulian) but the save got corrupted when I tried to add the itens. I can't help myself this time. Can someone help me?

Edit: Forgot to say that I have my clean back up, but don't know how to make it work again.

If you don't have a working savegame backup somwhere and you corrupted your save due to savegame editing, I'm afraid your save is truly corrupted, and not in the "the game sames it is corrupted but only has an invalid secure value" way.

Last edited by suloku,

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@TamDanny So, does each user file have a secure value of its own?
Also, how are the files exactly encrypted?

I'll need some savegames and a tester to add this to svdt and the patcher.
Anyone interested please contact me via pm.

update: just found a nice blowfish encription library in C which should give no problems on 3ds, I just need the saves to test it and get it working on computer. After the computer program works fine, adding it to svdt is almost copy paste.
From what I can infer, I do believe that each user file has their own secure value. In my brother's 3DS (he's the owner of the game actually, and I just helped him restore the corrupted save data), he has 2 different profiles in the game, and the untouched one was still accessible, even when changing the secure value of the other profile.
As for the encryption part, these tools in this post can decrypt and re-encrypt the user files (I recommend the batch file tool. It's really quick and easy). I don't know how they are encrypted myself, since this is actually the first time I try finding the secure value of any game.
And finally, I actually have five different user2 files from MH4U that I saved on my computer. They are all already decrypted. I guess I should also mention that these are save files that were saved as soon as possible after creating a new save profile (I don't know where's that, never played the game before), so there's a lot of zeros in the files. Here ya go. :)

Attachments

• MH4U dec_user2 files.rar
    9.9 KB · Views: 188

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean that you can soon extract the userx file from a raw .sav? Like one from a different system?

A raw .sav is encripted with a unique 3DS encryption key for each 3ds. That key is partly stored on the 3ds and without kernel access there's no way to decrypt the .sav files.

By using any save manager (savedata filer, svdt, save manager...) you get the unencrypted content of the .sav file.

MH4U has a second layer of encryption, so even that unecrypted content is encrypted by MH4U on its own, that's the kind of encryption we are talking about. Luckily the keys have already been found and decryption is possible, I currently want to port the decription code to C so it can be added to svdt and svdt can automatically update the secure value. This is my first time dealing with encryption, but I've already found a blowfish implementation for C, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

From what I can infer, I do believe that each user file has their own secure value. In my brother's 3DS (he's the owner of the game actually, and I just helped him restore the corrupted save data), he has 2 different profiles in the game, and the untouched one was still accessible, even when changing the secure value of the other profile.

Did you only restore the user2 with updated secure value? I don't think a single game has the rights to have more than 1 secure value for its files, probably the user1 and user3 files already had the latest secure value or you did only restore the user2 file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.