Homebrew [Another poll] How many people have been banned after Friday 5/26

Were you banned within the past 24 hours?

• Yes

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.9%
  • Multiple systems, please comment the status.

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After seeing the poll results, I can confidently conclude that no one is getting banned after May 27th, 2017. :creep:
Maybe they realised that their servers would be barren if they carried on banning everyone that's getting flagged by their checks... or that paying the staff required to continue processing the data outweighs their perceived losses. ;)

Rideouter9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine and I have been regularly checking by the day since the first report of the banwave and we both sighed with relief that there hadn't been any reports since last Friday; we were still checking past that point, of course. Just this morning he texted me letting me know that he was banned. Not too sure if he had slipped up on checking for a day I had asked him whether or not he's sure that it was this morning. He told me that she was routinely checking the night prior and the following morning. He told me that he checked his friend's list and everything seemed normal, scrolling and everything, but a few seconds later he got hit with the error code.

His setup is A9Lh and the whole nine and banned, my setup Boot9Strap and the whole nine and still unbanned; no correlation of course.

joten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they realised that their servers would be barren if they carried on banning everyone that's getting flagged by their checks... or that paying the staff required to continue processing the data outweighs their perceived losses. ;)
Let's just wait and see how Nintendo's Server Maintenance goes.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You mean wave 1 ended on Friday. For all we know wave 2 is coming in a month or two, once they have collected more data. Oh, and I am still unbanned.
Nintendo is actually known for repeating the same trick over and over again. Just looking at 11.3 to 11.4, all they did was update NATIVE_FIRM requirement again. The first time was jarring and took us off guard, the second time was just mildly annoying.

D

Deleted User

Possible solution. Its not going to work with those already banned. And those who may. But if your buying a new 3ds. or new new 3ds. Or whatever. If its true that big N is reciving data first and most obvious thing is to block spotpass. BUT! Since we also know the activity logs all our info. I think it might be best to say, finding safe way to remove activity log would be a good idea. I don't know if I'm banned. But If I am. Then they have been logging since december! Because around that time I've been bricked since. So once I get it working and I can confirm if I'm banned or not. Then if so.... oh boy. This is going to be HUGE.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: medicy

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
4 test devices here, neither seem to have been affected by any bans. One device had firmware issues to begin with and constantly displayed a 001-0502 error when checking the friend list even before the ban wave.

Device notes:

- O3DS OoT Limited Edition, 11.4/B9S/Luma 7.1, working
- O3DS, 11.4/B9S/Luma 7.1, error 001-0502, pre-existing*
- N3DS, 11.3/B9S/Luma 7.1, working
- N3DS XL, 11.3/B9S/Luma 7.1, working

Usage pattern notes (applicable to all devices):

- CFW installed since 2015
- A9LH installed since mid-2016
- B9S installed on day one
- Wi-Fi always enabled
- Not active user of FreeShop or FBI
- Never engaged in online multiplayer gameplay for any titles
- All have been used to collect Mystery Gifts for Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS
- All have been connected to the eShop at some point
- Never played leaked games online before launch
- Spotpass enabled
- Sending information disabled
- Streetpass enabled
- Activity Log not erased
- Installed titles are mostly extracted from physical cartridges using Decrypt9 (the rest are homebrew)
- Did not set homebrew as favourite app in friend list
- Frequently launched homebrew apps
- Frequent use of NTR, mostly for streaming on N3DS and N3DSXL
- Occasional use of NTR plugins, but never used online
- Frequent IronHax/MenuHax use until mid-2016
- Occasional use of Homebrew Launcher until late 2016
- Homebrew files left intact under sdmc:/3ds/

* Notes on the 001-0502 device:
This console may have issues connecting to some Internet services due to hardware faults. It was initially purchased secondhand to be used as a "Goat" test device. It had a faulty SD reader with twisted contact pins that I had to "manually override" and the firmware may have been improperly installed during the A9LH process. The device is incapable of running any extended memory games (stuck on black screen after 3DS logo animation), indicative of a frankenfirmware. CTRNAND transfers and installing complete firmware updates via .cia files have not fixed this issue. No FIRM patches have been applied through Luma.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The thing is, we need to survey our Spotpass, because I think these are our main problem about being banned. Now, if Ninty sees some 3DS that no longer gives information to them, we are kinda screwed. For me, when i saw "Give information to Nintendo" at day one of the purchase of my Old3DS XL, I've said no. Maybe it's probably a lucky chance.

+ I also need to relink my NNID , but my 3DS doesn't want to because "your NNID is linked to an other console" a.k.a my Wii U...

Last edited by sp3off,

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did any of the 10% claiming they were banned after the poll launched give details, or is it likely they were banned prior to this poll but only realized the ban after?
From the look of the thread, it seems only a few people gave some details.
So I am going suspect they were banned before that date and just didn't understand the thread
The thing is, we need to survey our Spotpass, because I think these are our main problem about being banned. Now, if Ninty sees some 3DS that no longer gives information to them, we are kinda screwed. For me, when i saw "Give information to Nintendo" at day one of the purchase of my Old3DS XL, I've said no. Maybe it's probably a lucky chance.
We already have a poll for that
https://gbatemp.net/threads/poll-bans-and-send-information-about-the-console-to-nintendo.471814/

Last edited by The Catboy,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got handed a ban, and no it's not me checking after a long time of not using the console. I have been using the console all day today, I was online with Pokemon Sun leading up to about 15 minutes ago when I had to reboot the console. I reboot it, couldn't get online all of a sudden because the 002-0102 popped up. This is how it happened with my first console, which got banned 2 days before really anyone reported their consoles were banned. I was online one minute, reboot the console, ban. So there's a way to avoid banning, don't turn off your console, ugh.

I'm trying to find the list of websites to blacklist and the ones to keep whitelisted, if anyone knows that, it'd be nice, now I have to attempt preventive measures.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just got handed a ban, and no it's not me checking after a long time of not using the console. I have been using the console all day today, I was online with Pokemon Sun leading up to about 15 minutes ago when I had to reboot the console. I reboot it, couldn't get online all of a sudden because the 002-0102 popped up. This is how it happened with my first console, which got banned 2 days before really anyone reported their consoles were banned. I was online one minute, reboot the console, ban. So there's a way to avoid banning, don't turn off your console, ugh.

I'm trying to find the list of websites to blacklist and the ones to keep whitelisted, if anyone knows that, it'd be nice, now I have to attempt preventive measures.
That's actually really spooky
Both Goat and Scarlet (new3DS) have been online all day and still aren't banned.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Check and hosts updates:

nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net

Connection test (DON'T BLOCK THIS OR ONLINE PLAY WON'T WORK ANYMORE):

conntest.nintendowifi.net

eShop specific:

ecs.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cp3s-auth.c.shop.nintendowifi.net

Additional:

cas.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
ccs.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
ccs.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
ias.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
pls.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
npul.c.app.nintendowifi.net
cp3s.cdn.nintendowifi.net
eou.cdn.nintendowifi.net
npdl.cdn.nintendowifi.net
nvpk.app.nintendo.net

Apparently if you block all the above the following won't work:
  • Updating the 3DS FW
  • eShop, as that won't start unless it could check for an update first
  • System Data Transfer, for the same reasons
  • Anything that requires access to the update servers.

What works:

• Browsing the internet
  • Playing online
  • Basically, everything that is not in the 'doesn't work' list will work

There's certainly no proof either way blocking any of the above will stop the 3DS sending data that will get you banned back to Nintendo, however for people that are going online you could certainly let the 3DS talk to a lot less servers and still have online play functionality by the looks of it.

Credits for go to InsaneNutter on Projectpokemon for compiling this list, d0k3, 3dbrew (and some guys on 4chan) for providing the links and Seijiro for telling me about this, lol.
This what you're looking for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2