Homebrew [Another poll] How many people have been banned after Friday 5/26

Were you banned within the past 24 hours?

• Yes

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.9%
  • Multiple systems, please comment the status.

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It would be best for you or someone else to create a new poll about it, so distinct data won't conflict with each other.
Well, this poll is suppose to be for people who weren't banned on Friday to vote on. I am testing to see if anyone has been banned after Friday.

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, this poll is suppose to be for people who weren't banned on Friday to vote on. I am testing to see if anyone has been banned after Friday.
Can you add option : ambassador user an not banned , ambassador user and banned im wondering if it is because people used some fake ambassador cia ( i called nintendo and my ambassador is linked to my nnid and serial number) it may be useful just saying!

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you add option : ambassador user an not banned , ambassador user and banned im wondering if it is because people used some fake ambassador cia ( i called nintendo and my ambassador is linked to my nnid and serial number) it may be useful just saying!
I feel like that sadly needs another poll since it really doesn't fit with what I am researching in this poll

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like that sadly needs another poll since it really doesn't fit with what I am researching in this poll
There is enough poll XD im just wondering anyway it may not be useful enough to be put in a poll but what ya think i mean if nintendo saw a non ambassador user playing gba game it may be why some user are banned ...for real it is just speculation.

Because of the rarity of those ambassador user and the fact that not all user are lurking into gbatemp adding this to a poll may bring less accurate result for the ban wave.

Disco Inferno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they have things like Freeshop/non-legit games on them?
Have you played online with them recently?
Were they connected to the internet?
They all have custom firmware and homebrew CIAs. A couple of them have Freeshop. They all had Spotpass on before I turned it off a couple days ago, but I keep the systems off when not in use, and the last time they were on before the ban wave hit was the day sighax/B9S came out. I also updated two of them to 11.4 that day. The other four are still on 11.3.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@Crystal the Glaceon
I was banned after installing Fire Emblem Echoes.
I own two 3DS, in both cases I was only banned after installing Fire Emblem Echoes in both. I spent days playing online, even with this wave of mass banishment. Bans were only made after the games were installed. Even with all the options for sending information disabled.

The first 3DS was banned on Friday, the second 3DS was banned today.
Is the banishment was carried out after the execution of the game in both cases

Last edited by Ryumaru,

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Crystal the Glaceon
I was banned after installing Fire Emblem Echoes.
I own two 3DS, in both cases I was only banned after installing Fire Emblem Echoes in both. I spent days playing online, even with this wave of mass banishment. Bans were only made after the games were installed. Even with all the options for sending information disabled.

The first 3DS was banned on Friday, the second 3DS was banned today.
Is the banishment was carried out after the execution of the game in both cases
Are you sure your second system wasn't banned on Friday? You maybe one of few dealing with a delayed ban, something that I've seen pop up a few times

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Are you sure your second system wasn't banned on Friday? You maybe one of few dealing with a delayed ban, something that I've seen pop up a few times
Yes, I played MK7 for 3 hours, then I used Freeshop to install Fire Emblem Echoes, after running the game, I quit the game and tried to play MK7 again, and I received a ban notice.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, I played MK7 for 3 hours, then I used Freeshop to install Fire Emblem Echoes, after running the game, I quit the game and tried to play MK7 again, and I received a ban notice.
Something like that actually happened to my boyfriend. I looks like the ban takes place after either a reboot or closing an application. You may have been banned and it just needed the game to close for the ban to take effect

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Something like that actually happened to my boyfriend. I looks like the ban takes place after either a reboot or closing an application. You may have been banned and it just needed the game to close for the ban to take effect
I believe that Nintendo is monitoring the networks of the most wanted games.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I believe that Nintendo is monitoring the networks of the most wanted games.
Expect I have been online with all of the most popular games (smash, Pokemon, MK7, etc.) I should have been banned. Goat as well should have been banned, but Goat was banned on Friday and even unbanned the same day.
I am pretty sure Nintendo may have only been actively banning last week and the staggeringly high number of people still not banned may actually confirm that speculation. There might still be some spot banning or delayed banning, but I think the actual wave has settled.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
After seeing the poll results, I can confidently conclude that no one is getting banned after May 27th, 2017. :creep:
You know what sucks? Not being able to edit your own poll titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?