Hacking another n00b question, if you'll bare with me.

steve0_7269

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so, i don't know much about bootmii, except that its main function is to restore a bricked wii. though i'm probably wrong about even that.
ANYWAY, i made the backup of the NAND or whatever the heck. i dont know what any of these terms mean. all i know is i see people saying that i have to have "bootmii as boot2" for any hope of getting back from a bricked wii. how do i know that bootmii replaced boot2?

thanks in advance.

p.s., my wii is not bricked, but i have a feeling that it will be someday with my mindless screwing around with it. so i'm just being cautious.

viiral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If your wii is old, you can install BootMii as boot2 (starts first when you start your wii,
If your wii is new you can only install BootMii as a IOS (start from hbc or priiloader)

If you can't install BootMii as boot2 you can install priiloader so you can boot bootmii from the priiloader menu before the wii system boots up.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as viiral said,
If BootMii loads off your SD Card when you boot up the Wii then you have boot2. If not then it's IOS BootMii.

steve0_7269

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh okay I understand. But for some reason the system menu appears, and i only see bootmii when i go to it in the homebrew channel.
I have an old wii, actually bought on the day of release... i just made a backup a couple of days ago... what am i doing wrong that the bootmii doesn't show up when i turn on the system?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
did you install it as boot2 through the hackmii installer?

do you still have the bootmii files that it created when installing it as boot2 on your sd card still?

are you using a compatible sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up