Gaming Another cool PC RTS game heading to the DS!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stolen from IGN:

"The Nintendo DS continues to prove itself as a hugely versatile platform, and come June in Australia and New Zealand, gamers will get the chance to see another example of what it can do. That's the release month for Anno 1701 - a strategy title set between the 17th and 18th centuries, thanks to a new publishing agreement between German-based Sunflowers and Disney Interactive Studios.

The series originated on PC, and is one of the most successful PC game franchises of all time in German-speaking countries. Anno 1701 is at heart an empire-building sim, allowing players to explore new worlds and interact with a wide array of characters, and the DS version is being developed from the ground up to take full advantage of the system's dual screens, with stylus driven gameplay. Wilhelm Hamrozi, CEO of Sunflowers underlined this, saying that: "When expanding the property onto other platforms, we don't simply port the game design, but we develop new concepts that satisfy the familiar high standards in terms of quality and gameplay appropriate to the platform". In addition to a number of features unique to the Nintendo DS version, the game will also feature multiplayer for up to four players."
1701-ad-20070315053749399.jpg
1701-ad-20070315053753118.jpg
1701-ad-20070315053758743.jpg

More screen shots over at DS IGN, but they basically look the same as above
tongue.gif

The PC version was good and I lost a lot of my time to that so its nice to see this come to the DS and it seems they're adding more to it. No news on a release outside of New Zealand and Australia.

I hope the N-gage version of Civilisation gets ported to the DS as that was great too.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
bobrules, I agree with you, but I think it had more to do with zoo tycoon being poorly programmed. I'm waiting for sim city myself. Or was theme park any good?

Hope it's rubbish, though. I can't spend much time playing right now ^^

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobrules, I agree with you, but I think it had more to do with zoo tycoon being poorly programmed. I'm waiting for sim city myself. Or was theme park any good?

Hope it's rubbish, though. I can't spend much time playing right now ^^
Just look at the Theme Park DS (Japan) thread, there's a lot of love for that port and it was ported very well. Sim City DS seems well made too judging on the Japanese release. You're right about Zoo Tycoon, it wasn't that great on the PC and on DS its a total mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1