Not open for further replies.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hm,
strange... Everytime I try to dump my own 3ds game I get tons of error messages. On the private Beta there was not a single error. Am I the only one with that strange error? (or am I the only person on this forum that uses gateway for backups?...)

edit: because of my bad feeling i switched back to the beta... and look what i saw? Gateway 2.1 kills the SD Card Files when backuping a rom from real cartridge! it simply destroys the files and places some sort of placeholders. it simply cant really backup real cards... what a shame... the beta 2.0 can backup the cards!

Hope in the next update they'll fix it :o

Don't "hope", send them a request detailing the problem.

Crono2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what's the highest firmware your 3DS can be to use gateway now? I updated when Zelda: LBW came out and want to know if maybe I can get a Gateway now or not. I haven't updated since.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
argh I used the slow format and now the sd test of the diagnostic always fails! WHYYYYY

edit: uh, it was successful once. does this happen to you guys too? I'm using exfat with 32KB allocation thingy, 32GB class 10 SDHC, kingston.

Can't you try with a different MicroSD? The slow format doesn't give any benefit over the fast one as far as I know. Maybe the SD reader of your GW is not working well.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still 4.1-4.5.

THIS is what I'm waiting to change before getting one, as I don't have the money to drop on a new system with old firmware AND a Gateway. I'll be patient. I just hope support doesn't drop out of nowhere like it did for my EZFlash-Vi.

Still, this is great news. Maybe I'll find the funds to grab a 4.1-4.5 system, but until then I'll just wait and watch. ^_^

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hm,
-snip-

For the record, I'm backng up my copy of Mario Kart 7 as I'm writing this with Omega 2.1. I don't know what exactly yoou mean to say with "it kills the SD", but as a precaution measure, I'm using a different SD card. It took more to start to read than with 2.0, but perhaps this may have something to do with the SD as well (the first was class 10, this is the default cart that comes with the 3DS (2GB).

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, but what "Update 2" means? What I can't do exactly?

If you are referring to the updates within the first post of this thread, it merely means updates to the thread showing additional new information for others to read.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
So am I right in thinking that all save games for non Card2 type games are still stored on the 3ds's main SD card? And also, do we still have to go to Home and then Close in order for them to actually write the save, or is it now done at the point of saving like a normal cart?

kibin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If you are referring to the updates within the first post of this thread, it merely means updates to the thread showing additional new information for others to read.

Yeah, but I'm saying about "Don't trim at all! (Recommended by gateway)". Don't trim what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch