Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by marc_max, Mar 3, 2015.

1. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    What save manager are you using to extract your save file? I use JKSM with no issues at all.

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Are you using the welcome amiibo update on your game file? Be it either with the older game title or the newer game title? You should be seeing a garden_plus.dat instead of a garden.dat if you updated to v1.5 and extracted that save.

3. CGR

CGR Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    QLD
    I use JKSM as well.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That's odd. Try re-extracting your save file and make sure you open the new save file.

5. CGR

CGR Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    QLD
    I am using the welcome amiibo update on v1.5, but every time I extract the save, I get a garden.dat file with the stuff I mentioned in my previous post.

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Try updating your JKSM then. You should be getting garden_plus.dat.

7. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    If by chance you have both the old and newer titles of ACNL on your console. Please do check to make sure you are extracting the correct one that your trying to make use of.

8. CGR

CGR Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    QLD
    It turns out I did have both versions of the game. I did get rid of the one that I didn't need (the digital) but now whenever I try to load the save manager, it says that I need the digital version. Is there a way to extract the save with the retail version of ACNL?

9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Insert your cart, start Homebrew, select JKSM, then choose the retail version of ACNL. You don't need the digital version.

10. CGR

CGR Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    QLD
    I'm looking for it but I can't find it. I only see the 3DS apps and the digital games I have.

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It should be there unless your cartridge slot isn't working. Try reinserting the game cart.

12. CGR

CGR Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    QLD
    lone_wolf323 and KunoichiZ like this.
  13. IceBlueLugia

IceBlueLugia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Says you can export towns, what is a site with some awesome towns?

14. Jasper20019

Jasper20019 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2017
    United States
    :(If possible i need this answered as soon as possible to my skype at: cloudy20019. Anyway i have somehow one way or another lost my dock on the buildings list completely and i am unsure whether or not this is a bug, but i'm going a little confused, and i can't sail now

*UPDATE*
    It is a bug, and i do believe a minor one at most. but for me very rarely the editor miraculously decides to delete my dock. i had to keep injecting the same file over and over a few times for it to spawn back but i'm kinda afraid to use it again :O

Last edited by Jasper20019, Dec 23, 2017
  15. SeeFamGaming

SeeFamGaming Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2016
    United States
    "Hi,
    after I tested this tool, (didn't do much, simply changed hair and two villagers), my game wouldn't load. I loaded my backup, as directed, and for some reason it contained the additions. Now I can donate to public works, but as soon as I pay the last bell, my game crashes. This also happens with stepping on cockroaches, so I used the beautiful ordinance. Help plz!

THANKS!"

Basically someone told me my game was corrupted, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and imported my old save however it still has the same problem described above. Should I start a new save game?

Last edited by SeeFamGaming, Dec 24, 2017
  16. Boytoxic38

Boytoxic38 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    Canada
    Hi everyone, Can somebody tell me if the cartidge of "Animal Crossing New Leaf : Welcome Amiibo" (means, the Amiibo update is already in the cartidge and no need to download it) would work perfectly in a 3DS in 9.2 version ??
    (I want to buy an acnl Welcome amiibo cartridge to use it directly in a 3DS (9.2 version) and use soundhax to use the acnl save editor. I know that Soundhax works with 9.x versions, but I don't know if the acnl cartidge already containing the amiibo update will require a specific updated version of the 3DS).

Thanks in advance

17. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The version you said requires firmware 11.0. But if you use the game to do a cart update to 11.0, Soundhax will no longer work. You could install custom firmware via http://3ds.guide, update your system, and still have access to a save manager and play your game.

Boytoxic38 likes this.
  18. IceBlueLugia

IceBlueLugia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Probably a weird question but there a way to only unlock specific PWPs and not all of them?

19. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    From what I have used of the online editor at http://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/

There is the option to overwrite PWP that you have built. But not single unlocks within the list that isabelle has.

20. Reason_G

Reason_G Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2018
    Korea, South
    Hello! I'm one of the ACNL user who used this editor successfully and I wanna appreciate you for inviting such an useful tool :)
    And I'm here to ask you some questions, My questions are these.

1. Can I customize the furniture with this editor? I figured out that I can duplicate the customized item but I don't know how to customize it with this tool.
    2. Do you happen to know any method to shrink down the room's size of house? or is it just impossible?

I'll wait for your replying, thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice