Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by marc_max, Mar 3, 2015.

1. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    @KunoichiZ

I found this on someone’s blog from 2013, seems like it may have been possibly changed as it def was Buckaroo

Sorry if image is huge I’m on phone

Attached Files:

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    This is making me wonder why it was changed and who else has had their catchphrases changed too.

3. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Maybe it offended some people? Kinda like how people got offended by the squid kids winning pose in Mario Kart 8 and they changed it with the update

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That's the only reason I can think of as to why they would change it. Otherwise, they catchphrase was fine on its own and didn't need changing.

5. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    I know this is 2 years later but I might aswell post it incase there's anyone else who decides to look into the file. mvplayer.dat (aka mvplayer_plus.dat in WA) is used when moving a player from one console to another. The file is made on the target console when moving a player to it. It transfers all player data except unlocked badges it seems. So while the file isn't that useful, at least the mystery of it has been solved :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Buckaroo is the name of a kids game by Hasbro, maybe they changed it because of trademarks or something.

Last edited by Slattz, Nov 5, 2017
  6. CodyMKW

CodyMKW GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    United States
    buckaroo also just means a cowboy

7. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    Yea ik but surely that wouldn't cause a change in the game files?

8. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Unless it offended someone. I know buckaroo sometimes is used in slang for sex stuff, but that wouldn’t make sense either. Maybe it was just a pointless thing, kind of how they took sick villagers away in the update.

Slattz likes this.
  9. Wii8461

Wii8461 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2015
    United States
    Bitch town
    I thought they used buckaroo for some kind of joke with bucks or something since Lopez is a deer. At least in context to Animal Crossing.
    Anyways, his catchphrase is still buckaroo. I have Lopez's Amiibo card so I decided to move him normally, when I talked to him he said buckaroo at the end of his dialogue. (Don't forget that the catchphrase file still says buckaroo as well) HNI_0039.JPG

EDIT: Just checked the European version of "STR_NNpc_habit.umsbt" and buckaroo isn't there, but badoom is. Same with before the update. So I'm guessing Lopez's catchphrase has always been badoom in Europe and buckaroo in USA.

Last edited by Wii8461, Nov 6, 2017
  10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    So it's a regional difference then? That makes a little bit more sense then "it's somehow offensive".

Wii8461 likes this.
  11. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    I would agree with this, if the photo I showed wasn’t from a blogger who received the American version, and it says Buckaroo instead of badaboom.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  12. TaryTrayTwins412

TaryTrayTwins412 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    MAybe he just chose to change his cathcphrase? villagers will change CP after sometime to another one if they like someone else's cp, my panda Chow started saying chicklet after Becky the chicken

13. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    The photo was of him in the campsite, saying buckaroo so he was the most original at that time. And no villager says Badaboom initially from what I can see. Googling it also showed one person confused about why their Lopez says badaboom while their friends say buckaroo or so.

14. Wii8461

Wii8461 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2015
    United States
    Bitch town
    Lopez says buckaroo is USA, and badoom in Eur.

15. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

Feb 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    East Northamptonshire
    Bukaroo is a sex slang word here in the UK. Most likely why it's been changed for this region.

The Badge-lorette!? likes this.
  16. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    I’m gonna load up my EUR acnl and invite him in to just see

17. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Just moved him in my Europe game, yep, says Badoom.

Wii8461 likes this.
  18. East_Duquesne

East_Duquesne Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2017
    France
    Hello everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle and in need of advice...

Here's the thing : I hacked my town to my liking, put the villager I wanted, etc., but I discovered something weird. Maybe it's only me, but yesterday I created a new character, everything went smooth, but when I started the game today with my Mayor, upon coming out of their house, well there's 1) no house to speak of, 2) my Mayor is nothing but a shadowy figure, kinda like the mannequins, and 3) there's nothing displayed on the mini-map, no villagers' house, no plaza, no bridge, no nothing, as if the town was completely new. And needless to say, I can't move.

So is there a way to fix this or am I condemned to have only 2 playable characters ? I'm not really eager to start everything over in order to have 4 playable characters and my Mayor to their initial state :mellow:

If anyone has been there or is going through that, that's be great if you shared your advice !

Thanks in advance ^_^

Last edited by East_Duquesne, Nov 22, 2017
  19. gotchi

gotchi Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    heya people!
    anyone know what to do when getting a "error opening save archive: error when first trying to dump your save?
    its worth noting that years back, i fiddled with that one bell dropping method of pwp placing.. forget what its called.

thanks in advance!! i appreciate it

20. CGR

CGR Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    QLD
    Hi everyone,

This thread looks a little dead but I'm just gonna post my problem hoping for some advice. My problem is regarding my save file.

So I've exported my save to my SD card and opened the editor, but when the editor loads my garden.dat file, something strange happens.
    Instead of my town that I saved just minutes ago appearing, it's basically a completely different town. Same acres, but everything is basically gone. It's like my town when I first started it- 5 villagers, no PWPs, trees all over the place, almost no flowers etc. What's even weirder is that the 5 starting villagers in the save editor we're not the villagers I started with back in 2013. But the thing that confuses me the most, instead of my character being loaded, it was one of my friends I used to play with back in 2013-2014. It shows her TPC photo from the beginning of the game, her play time, her designs (which were the default designs), and even the name of her town. Everything that she had in the first few days she played the game was basically what it showed on my garden.dat file. I just find it so confusing that it's my town layout with almost nothing in it, and her character in my save file that I just exported minutes beforehand.

If it's any help:
    My firmware version is 11.6
    I use ninjhax to open Homebrew
    I did use this editor a few years back using browserhax, but I haven't used it since browserhax got patched, so this is my first time using the editor in a bit.

I'm not expecting fast replies as this thread looks a little dead, but I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice