ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thelovemonk said:
I have checked the compatibility chart and it stated that for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption the game kinda stops you from moving forward cos the doors dont open 20 mins into the game.

Well I have the Pal vesion of the game and have tried it on both Waninko's and Wiigator's backup loaderfor both I managed to get alot further then whats was listed on the chart.

My problem is that early on in the game you have to stop a meteor from crashing on the planet and are given about 4 min to do so but it takes soooo damn long for the doors that the time runs out.

Anyone have any idea how to get past that issue. I am considering using the original and getting pass this bit but was still wondering if there is any way to get through it without switching to the original?

If you own the original, why play the backup??? or to "considering using the original" you mean buy, stole or borrow the original?
tongue.gif

mydarxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
thelovemonk said:
I have checked the compatibility chart and it stated that for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption the game kinda stops you from moving forward cos the doors dont open 20 mins into the game.

Well I have the Pal vesion of the game and have tried it on both Waninko's and Wiigator's backup loaderfor both I managed to get alot further then whats was listed on the chart.

My problem is that early on in the game you have to stop a meteor from crashing on the planet and are given about 4 min to do so but it takes soooo damn long for the doors that the time runs out.

Anyone have any idea how to get past that issue. I am considering using the original and getting pass this bit but was still wondering if there is any way to get through it without switching to the original?

If you own the original, why play the backup??? or to "considering using the original" you mean buy, stole or borrow the original?
tongue.gif

Playing the Backup prevents the original disc rom being scrached up from use and what not. but on the other hand if he's actually posting to get around using the original to get past a part of the game chances are that he is goning to go to blockbuster to rent it to "use the original".

@thelovemonk check for save games past that point

murray42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Category said:
I must say, this is some AWESOME homebrew, for such an early version. I had a bit of trouble getting it working, kept getting the Disc Identification Error that a few people have been suffering from (which I think was due to already having some older cIOS and DVDX installed), so here is my simple guide of how I got it working:-

1) UNINSTALL any cIOS (i.e PatchMii) or DVDX already on your system
2) Install cIOS rev 5 (the one that was included in the first leaked loader)
3) Install DVDX with advanced install, and choose IOS249
4) Copy loader to your homebrew channel folder/install the WAD
5) Decrypt ISO with extractpartition/backup-creator
6) Burn to a DVD-R at as slow a speed as possible
7) Insert, and enjoy!

Hope this helps some people!

(The system this worked for is an English PAL system with 3.3 Menu system)

So a few games did work for me but now nothing seems to work, I believe I installed a new CIOS wad but then (stupidly) deleted the wad from my SD card and can't recall which one I installed. Any tips on determining which ones have been installed and how to remove.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
murray42 said:
Category said:
I must say, this is some AWESOME homebrew, for such an early version. I had a bit of trouble getting it working, kept getting the Disc Identification Error that a few people have been suffering from (which I think was due to already having some older cIOS and DVDX installed), so here is my simple guide of how I got it working:-

1) UNINSTALL any cIOS (i.e PatchMii) or DVDX already on your system
2) Install cIOS rev 5 (the one that was included in the first leaked loader)
3) Install DVDX with advanced install, and choose IOS249
4) Copy loader to your homebrew channel folder/install the WAD
5) Decrypt ISO with extractpartition/backup-creator
6) Burn to a DVD-R at as slow a speed as possible
7) Insert, and enjoy!

Hope this helps some people!

(The system this worked for is an English PAL system with 3.3 Menu system)

So a few games did work for me but now nothing seems to work, I believe I installed a new CIOS wad but then (stupidly) deleted the wad from my SD card and can't recall which one I installed. Any tips on determining which ones have been installed and how to remove.

Isnt there a wad uninstaller out by Waninoko?

By the way what's up with the browser and other stuff that was included in your zip DJTez? I tried the browser and it said something about it was not ready or something yet I am pretty sure I am on my local network...being that my kid plays mariokart online...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Isnt there a wad uninstaller out by Waninoko?

By the way what's up with the browser and other stuff that was included in your zip DJTez? I tried the browser and it said something about it was not ready or something yet I am pretty sure I am on my local network...being that my kid plays mariokart online...
The Wad Manager uninstalls as well if you press minus instead of plus

The browser should work ok. I have tried it in 3 different Pal Wii's and it worked on each one perfectly , but if your having an error let me know what it is and ill try to replicate it here.

The other one is R-Type - the old arcade shoot-em-up which was loved by all our generation
biggrin.gif
- good old original style gaming well before it all got fancy.

And to everyone else , I appreciate all the thanks , but i didnt write anything, i just gathered it all - the real thanks goes to the guys who put the time into coding everything (i think i thanked them all in the howto, but if i missed anyone please PM me and ill add it in ) and also to the gang on here who have tested everything and are sharing their experiences with the rest. Its a great community and lets hope everyone shows the love.

Ohh and congrats on getting your wii working with the iso Ironmask

ZeroBullet

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm getting the error ret -4100 in the original dol and the error dvd id failed in the new one
I tried everything on this topic
maybe the problem is in the ISO's burn
I'm using the patch WiiBackupPatcher.exe, there is another one? Is this the best patcher?

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
murray42 said:

A few people seem to be having the problem of it working fine, then just stopping... And to be honest, I don't know why this is - it hasn't happened to me (yet). As for cIOS detection, I'm not sure how to go about that. You're best bet (at a guess) would be to run the PatchMii installer as if it detects a cIOS it will uninstall it. After that, try running through the steps in my little how-to again, using the files found here, from djtaz' sig.

Not sure if that will help, as I havn't had this problem myself, but an educated guess says it might. Maybe.

QUOTE(ZeroBullet @ Oct 3 2008, 12:45 AM) I'm getting the error ret -4100 in the original dol and the error dvd id failed in the new one
I'm using the patch WiiBackupPatcher.exe, there is another one? Is this the best patcher?

To me that seems like the DVDX isn't installed properly. Grab the installer, uninstall it, then re-install it, making sure to chose ADVANCED install, and selecting IOS249. That should get it going.

ZeroBullet

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Category said:
murray42 said:

A few people seem to be having the problem of it working fine, then just stopping... And to be honest, I don't know why this is - it hasn't happened to me (yet). As for cIOS detection, I'm not sure how to go about that. You're best bet (at a guess) would be to run the PatchMii installer as if it detects a cIOS it will uninstall it. After that, try running through the steps in my little how-to again, using the files found here, from djtaz' sig.

Not sure if that will help, as I havn't had this problem myself, but an educated guess says it might. Maybe.

QUOTE(ZeroBullet @ Oct 3 2008, 12:45 AM) I'm getting the error ret -4100 in the original dol and the error dvd id failed in the new one

To me that seems like the DVDX isn't installed properly. Grab the installer, uninstall it, then re-install it, making sure to chose ADVANCED install, and selecting IOS249. That should get it going.
I already tried this. Any suggestions?

be9ine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just picked up djtaz's package (thanks, btw, great stuff!), and I noticed in the readme it says "patched size should be 4,185,870 if its an original iso." I just ran the patcher that comes with the package and the file size for the new "patched" .iso is 4,286,330,880. Can anyone tell me if that's normal or acceptable?

EDIT: Sorry, ignore this post. I just divided 4,286,330,880 by 1,024 and it's 4,185,870. Maybe this will help someone else.

murray42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Category said:
murray42 said:

Thanks now, Geometry Wars and Star Wars Lego work, but I keep getting Identity Failed error for Lego Batman, Sports Party and Boom Blocks. Going to patch and reburn now and see what happens.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Do you need the common-key.bin file in the same directory as the cd patcher? Djtaz' sig has this file included but it doesn't have the .bin extension (Which I didn't notice when I burned my DVD).

surcouf84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ZeroBullet said:
I'm getting the error ret -4100 in the original dol and the error dvd id failed in the new one
it's because your dvd haven't the good booktype.
booktype to dvd-rom
If your ISO Or/AND your directory contain special or space characters before using the patch, you can get the error ret -4100.
the error ret -4100 is DRE.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ChaosBoi said:
Quick question: Do you need the common-key.bin file in the same directory as the cd patcher? Djtaz' sig has this file included but it doesn't have the .bin extension (Which I didn't notice when I burned my DVD).

If you try the patcher program and look into the folder as its patching you will see both files in the folder where the ISO is.
It puts all in , then deletes when its done. All the files required are there , but they are neater than before.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
surcouf84 said:
ZeroBullet said:
it's because your dvd haven't the good booktype.
booktype to dvd-rom
If your ISO Or/AND your directory contain special or space characters before using the patch, you can get the error ret -4100.
the error ret -4100 is DRE.

Yup surcouf84 is right - its one of the normal errors found here : http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Errors

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried doing this with Waninoko's region free patch? Just wandering...because it seems like I find alot more PAL then NTSC in the places I search for more games to download...

If the loader is updated..if I just download and copy the new and replace the old to the SD card will the Wii just update itself to that Backup Loader automatically?
Or do I have to follow those steps again?

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Has anyone tried doing this with Waninoko's region free patch? Just wandering...because it seems like I find alot more PAL then NTSC in the places I search for more games to download...

If the loader is updated..if I just download and copy the new and replace the old to the SD card will the Wii just update itself to that Backup Loader automatically?

Nope, all the elements are completely seperate. If/when a new version of the backup loader is released, just copy the boot.dol file into your apps folder in the right place, and you're good to go!

The only time this will be an issue is if you have installed the Backup loader wad-file channel. In that case you will need to remove the old wad, and reinstall the new wad, which is a lot more hassle. Thats why I personally use the homebrew channel to load it - updating is WAY easier.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Category said:
The only time this will be an issue is if you have installed the Backup loader wad-file channel. In that case you will need to remove the old wad, and reinstall the new wad, which is a lot more hassle.

unless they have the same four-character channel-id,
then you can just overwrite it, at least on 3.2

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask said:

usually with the files i have in my Zip you can just replace the files on the SD card.
Just to be safe i would make a copy of the files you have first on the PC and then copy the new ones.

It really does depend on what new things i find and what has improved as time goes on and since so many different people have done things in so many different ways, i can only test it from the beginning which usually works for me, though as i say a simple cut and paste SHOULD work usually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: