RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninja_07 said:
Gukina said:
yay r4 team will be supporting sdhc memory and hard drives in 1.19 official announcement www.randomchineseforumwithr4dspost.com
Do you have a proper link?

This is the reason why viral post spread so quickly....

ninja, he was being sarcastic... that means he's making a joke...

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FirePanda11 said:
Yuan said:
FirePanda11 said:
R4 team is not dead? Guess I have to cancel those graves I ordered.

Don't cancel them until a new firmware is out.
well At least it is a sign that they are still there.

What sign? Where you see the sign? The post was from a forum member... NOT from a official R4 Team representative...

Show me real sign they are still here.

I'll believe it when they post a new firmware ONLY on their official site.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i don't completely discredit ahtin but news is very odd that one has to face a bricking ds firmware
let's just hope tht atleast a firmware with updates is released
the fact tht the r4 is fake is enough reason for u to change it so let's just say, as per precaution exchange yer fake for an original and R4 users don't think R4=DSX

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
We really do not need people coming in here and shouting R4 IS DEAD!!
It's meant to be a discussion, stop preaching.

The fact is that if the R4 team produced such a statement, they are advancing somewhat, however, for all we know they could be securing their interests and may leave it at that.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 was never alive its an inanimate object

r4 team however is undetermined until sept 15

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier: You contradict yourself in your post. First by saying Ahtin has credit, then by saying the announcement logically can not be an official announcement. The main rule in any debate is to take a side... not both sides...

Yes, I did go off in the beginning by saying crap about Twinstar but that was just frustration at the lie of this announcement. But still I won't say 100% for sure that it wasn't them.

From looking at the original post again, it is totally possible that he merely did what GBATemp did, pass on a post. You said it yourself that logically, R4 Team would not make such a big announcement on a forum. They would make it on their official site. Plus, you are assuming the R4 Team is still around. I have yet to see ANY real evidence of this. There has not been a single peep from them since the last firmware back in April 18.

Raestloz: Again, you are assuming the R4 Team is still around... can you show me any evidence of this?

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
RyoSaeba said:
PharaohsVizier: You contradict yourself in your post. First by saying Ahtin has credit, then by saying the announcement logically can not be an official announcement. The main rule in any debate is to take a side... not both sides...

Plus, you are assuming the R4 Team is still around. I have yet to see ANY real evidence of this. There has not been a single peep from them since the last firmware back in April 18.

Aaand there YOU are contradicting yourself:

1) "saying Ahtin has credit" is not linked to "saying the announcement logically can not be an official announcement", they are different matters, he's not saying it's false because ahtin is a liar.

2) This could be that first peep

Try and be a bit more open, less cynical and read before jumping to conclusions.

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PharaohsVizier said:
White R4 is probably real as it is the first few batches (before the fakes), but then again someone could stick a fake R4 is an official white shell.

As for the actual discussion, I have no doubt in my mind that Ahtin is saying exactly what the R4 team is saying. I don't know how you guys can doubt Ahtin, he has given lots of reliable information in the past, and by lots, I mean LOTS. He doesn't seem to have much to gain in lying. And before RyoSaeba makes some stupid comment about how this is all a scam to help Twinstar, and Ahtin is part of a giant plot to destroy the known world, think about all of the info that Ahtin has given us. Not to mention if this is a lie, this would pretty much discredit Ahtin, and his forum, which is most likely the furthest thing from what he wants.

Also, let's consider a few things logically. The official R4 site has not been updated with info regarding this whatsoever. Is it more logical to say that this is not an official statement from R4 as it is not on their site. Or would it be more odd to wonder why team R4 has ZERO comments on this. I would say that if there was such a big announcement that is not real, that seems to be getting a lot of negative feedback, I'd deny it ASAP. Whereas if it is an official announcement, and once again, getting some negative feedback, I'd hesitate to remove any doubt that it is official. Next, the photo with the Twinstar, if this is an official announcement from R4, they would have good photos. Remember this is a message that the R4 team wanted Ahtin to send out, so perhaps Ahtin doesn't have the equipment for good photos, so he merely took some off the internet (OK that wasn't the best argument). More importantly though, I think a company would not go to that length to sell a few R4s. Next argument, that post is fairly elaborate and well thought out, if it was a company trying to sell their product, they would try to keep it short and concise. Their photo would be placed higher up and most people want to get the gist of it asap. Placing it at the bottom of a huge wall of text means a lot of users won't make it to the bottom. I'll stop there, but really I think just looking at Ahtin's track record is enough to trust his announcement.

thx PharaohsVizier,

the photo from gbatemp is from internet, or an old post, it have a twinstar logo and it is not posting by me, it is posted by gbatemp moderator.

the photo posted by me at this post was provided by R4.

The R4 I have is provided by R4 Team long long time ago, I have no new version R4 and fkae card on my hand.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the credibility of an individual is not a universal measure of the truth of data. While it is certainly more likely to be true than if posted by a person you never have heard anything about before, that does not mean that a credible source is always right. The DS bricker was not written by a newcomer, but by the first DS homebrewer ever, remember?

gameyeeeah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You are should by form us, so that nerver worry about the fake or copy, All we are selling is Original

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Its true.. I got my R4 from gameyeeeah and it is original!!
smile.gif

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have contacts to the R4 team too. I'll update you guys when I hear from them.
I hope this isn't the final nail in the coffin though.

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay. Just heard back from them. =\

They said that they have plans to do what ahtin said in his announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1