Homebrew An emergency message to all 3DS, Wii U, and even Wii and DS Homebrew users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliTheAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both. Seems as if Nintendo is seeking Homebrew users first, pirates second, and lastly people who block said updates with other means.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Didn't I inform you that Nintendo make kernel access nearly impossible, thus we cannot exceed high FPS rates. This is not the developers' fault. It's Nintendo. Stop harassing people with your " Homebrew sucks" posts. We are lucky to have the access to it that we have now rather than have none at all.
It's not Nintendo's "fault" per say. Nintendo has every right to prevent you from using unofficial methods for homebrew, emulation etc.
(Hey Panda, from "that" 3DS Forum ;) )

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's not Nintendo's "fault" per say. Nintendo has every right to prevent you from using unofficial methods for homebrew, emulation etc.
(Hey Panda, from "that" 3DS Forum ;) )
But we also have the right to counter the security to use OUR devices to our liking. ( Before I make this mistake again, I'm from Canada. Not sure what your laws say on hacking... )

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I saw frame skip in one of the core options. It didn't WORK, but I think some cores might support it on other platforms.
The PS1 core has it as a core option but RetroArch itself doesn't support it. Also worth noting that the PS1 core frameskip doesn't even work.
At least FTP-3DS requires internet connection, and there is quite a lot of fearmongering in this thread
I still don't see why it would mean that... But no, it'll still work.

AliTheAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But we also have the right to counter the security to use OUR devices to our liking. ( Before I make this mistake again, I'm from Canada. Not sure what your laws say on hacking... )
Yes, I agree. I'm from Canada as well.
It's not really a "right", at least I dont think it is.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The PS1 core has it as a core option but RetroArch itself doesn't support it. Also worth noting that the PS1 core frameskip doesn't even work.

I still don't see why it would mean that... But no, it'll still work.
Me neither, I was just asking to be sure.

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you retarded? RetroArch doesn't have frameskip on any platform. Let alone on 3DS. GBA running on a 10.1 non-kernel hacked n3DS:

Those aren't even finished yet. Now shut up you massive idiot.

YT videos that aren't even loading? Wow, you showed me.
Too bad YT is 30FPS though. :P

It isn't a legitimate 60FPS. Sorry to tell you that.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the US, it can be illegal(theft) to have weeds grow in your yard if the seed has a copyrighted gene. So as a general rule corporate sayso is close enough to law to be relatively indistinguishable.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
YT videos that aren't even loading? Wow, you showed me.
Too bad YT is 30FPS though. :P

It isn't a legitimate 60FPS. Sorry to tell you that.
Sounds like a case of a crappy internet connection. Why else would it not load for one individual but for me and probably others...?

Reactions: teampleb

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo's online infrastructure is getting a complete overhaul. I'm guessing they didn't patch the exploits sooner because they figured they'd be useless once the big update dropped.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next update (I'm guessing 10.2 but I could be wrong) will completely break EmuNAND support since it's supposedly so radically different to anything we've seen before, but this is just wild speculation on my end.
Just be cautious, keep your consoles off the internet and wait. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
If the new version is so radically different, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 11.0.
3DS doesn't auto update and there's no way they could make it auto update since changing to a new online infrastructure would entail large changes to the EULA.
They can't legally change a license agreement without prompting for you to agree to it again (in fact you actually are supposed to be 18 or older to even update a 3DS).

Well if I'm wrong I do have a SysNAND backup and the skills to hardmod my system.
I should also make an EmuNAND backup before this update drops just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.hueyandweprin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/iStock-1073669440.jpg +1