Amazon being Amazon i guess?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered two things separatly on amazon last week. Both were supposed to be delievered during last weekend.
First was cat food, second was a hairbrush, mine got destroyed during the flooding of my appartment.
I chatted with amazon customer service many time since, because both package got delayed countless time. Everytime they told me that they are about to be shipped. And as of now, nothing is shipped yet.
So i made a request to cancel the hairbrush package... And the request was denied instantly. So i contacted them once again. I tell them about the fact that my hairbrush got destroyed last week, that i havent brushed my hair since, and that when i ordered, it was stated to be delievered two days later (saturday), and that now, it says it will be delievered next week on tuesday. I cannot just not brush my hair for that long. I have very long hair, what do they expect me to do? I asked them to cancel it, and they replied that it was about to be shipped and they couldn't cancel it.
I mean, WTF is that bullshit? I went to buy one on my own because those fucking idiots cannot deliever on time, and when i want to cancel, they tell me they cant? BULLSHIT

Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered two things separatly on amazon last week. Both were supposed to be delievered during last weekend.
First was cat food, second was a hairbrush, mine got destroyed during the flooding of my appartment.
I chatted with amazon customer service many time since, because both package got delayed countless time. Everytime they told me that they are about to be shipped. And as of now, nothing is shipped yet.
So i made a request to cancel the hairbrush package... And the request was denied instantly. So i contacted them once again. I tell them about the fact that my hairbrush got destroyed last week, that i havent brushed my hair since, and that when i ordered, it was stated to be delievered two days later (saturday), and that now, it says it will be delievered next week on tuesday. I cannot just not brush my hair for that long. I have very long hair, what do they expect me to do? I asked them to cancel it, and they replied that it was about to be shipped and they couldn't cancel it.
I mean, WTF is that bullshit? I went to buy one on my own because those fucking idiots cannot deliever on time, and when i want to cancel, they tell me they cant? BULLSHIT
You should start shooting rocket ships at Bezos's house.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1689881238257.png

1689881248348.png

Well here you go have some eggs, go egg Bezo Yacht.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
If it is indeed stuck in shipment limbo, there may be practical reasons why they can’t just cancel at this stage, at least given my experience at a different retailer.

If you paid for prime, you might be able to get a month free by complaining.

IDK if it’s changed but in the past (Amazon UK). I’ve been able to cancel stuff during transport (i.e. post dispatch but pre-delivery) or return stuff for free by saying ‘quality not adequate’ as the reason.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it is indeed stuck in shipment limbo, there may be practical reasons why they can’t just cancel at this stage, at least given my experience at a different retailer.

If you paid for prime, you might be able to get a month free by complaining.

IDK if it’s changed but in the past (Amazon UK). I’ve been able to cancel stuff during transport (i.e. post dispatch but pre-delivery) or return stuff for free by saying ‘quality not adequate’ as the reason.
The point is, when i try to cancel it by contacting customer service, they tell me they cant cancel it because "they are about to ship it". But i've been complaining for days because both package are being delayed over and over again, and each time i contact them, they told me the same thing, to be patient because they are about to be shipped.
What does "about to be shipped" means to them? In an hour? Tomorrow? Next week?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
The point is, when i try to cancel it by contacting customer service, they tell me they cant cancel it because "they are about to ship it". But i've been complaining for days because both package are being delayed over and over again, and each time i contact them, they told me the same thing, to be patient because they are about to be shipped.
What does "about to be shipped" means to them? In an hour? Tomorrow? Next week?

It may be the item is stuck in the equivalent of their ‘pending outgoing’, the CS staff likely don’t know and are just following whatever their training or some memo is saying.

I’m not saying it isn’t a BS situation, although in the past at a push I’ve managed to get Amazon to e.g. send out a second item, get prime extended for free, etc. Nothing this bad given the original dates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto