Hacking Alternative firmwares for M3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

auroreon

ROM #4951 (listed as #4900 some places) Jam With The Band (E)
Does not work with WoodR4 1.22 for M3, it DOES however work on WoodR4 1.22 on R4.
Don't know why it won't run on the M3 but it probably has something to do with the fact that Jam With The Band has a 32MB save file.

I've actually been trying to get Jam With The Band to work properly for months, its getting pretty annoying.
The games won't work on WoodR4, isn't supported in YSM3 and Touchpod will play it but creates a save that is only 16MB so you cannot inject songs into it... which kinda defeats the point of having it.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to launch a rom from gaboros's custom WoodM3 (setup to run from boot), it says its fragmented even if the sav was made previously on Sakura. Help?

Saionji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Replace this .sav to you PC and turn it back.
Should work. If it doesn't help try rename this .sav and your game and after that turn back you .sav to you SD.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
auroreon said:
ROM #4951 (listed as #4900 some places) Jam With The Band (E)
Does not work with WoodR4 1.22 for M3, it DOES however work on WoodR4 1.22 on R4.
Don't know why it won't run on the M3 but it probably has something to do with the fact that Jam With The Band has a 32MB save file.

I've actually been trying to get Jam With The Band to work properly for months, its getting pretty annoying.
The games won't work on WoodR4, isn't supported in YSM3 and Touchpod will play it but creates a save that is only 16MB so you cannot inject songs into it... which kinda defeats the point of having it.

Wario Ware D.I.Y. has the same problem. It also has a 32 mb save file and doesn't work with that Wood but works with the original one. I don't figured out why it is happening, but I'm sure it is in connection with the sav file. Maybe the modification in the asm doesn't able to load save files like that. I will try to take a look at the evening maybe I can found out something. But I know go to school and I will only arrive home at 6 p.m. O.o

airpirate545 said:
Everytime I try to launch a rom from gaboros's custom WoodM3 (setup to run from boot), it says its fragmented even if the sav was made previously on Sakura. Help?

This Wood can not play fragmented sav/nds files, sorry.
frown.gif

Need to remove the fragment ion from them.

QUOTE(gaboros @ Jan 12 2011, 09:15 PM)
OK I found a strange thing. You can remember there was a bug in the original wood which can not loaded cheat codes which was bigger then 65536 kb, but I fixed before the official version and it worked.
In this version I have removed my fix and implemented YWG fixes. Looks like the cheat doesn't work for my again on Pokemon SoulSilver (E). I have reverted my fixes but it also doesn't work. Anyway else have this problem or just my cheat database is bugged, or I need to rewrite the loader?

Anyone have issues like that? Games which can not load cheats?

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
sweenish said:
seriously can't thank you enough for coming in and saving us from the ineptitude of team M3.

You are welcome!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(airpirate545 @ Jan 15 2011, 06:52 AM) How do I get M3 Wood to read my saves without renaming them all to ".nds.sav" as opposed to the Sakura generated ".sav" ?

Go into the system options and there will be an option called Save Ext. Modify that from .nds.sav to .sav.
That is it!
yaynds.gif

andryndrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a question: is there a way to make some Multi-Language (European) games to display in the correct language? If I change the DS settings, for example change from ITA to SPA, games like Art Academy change the language as well, but with Call of Duty: Black Ops the language is always English, no matter what i set.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
andryndrew said:
Just a question: is there a way to make some Multi-Language (European) games to display in the correct language? If I change the DS settings, for example change from ITA to SPA, games like Art Academy change the language as well, but with Call of Duty: Black Ops the language is always English, no matter what i set.

If the game only has english in it or doesn't have the language you set, it's useless to change it.

If CoDBO doesn't have the ITA part it will display in the default language. Also, if this wood works like the R4 one (which should) you can set a language per game without having to change the DS' one. this is in the selected game settings.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Alex658 said:
andryndrew said:

If the game only has english in it or doesn't have the language you set, it's useless to change it.

If CoDBO doesn't have the ITA part it will display in the default language. Also, if this wood works like the R4 one (which should) you can set a language per game without having to change the DS' one. this is in the selected game settings.

That is true, you can set the language in the wood menu. But it only works if the game has the language. Use tools to check it, for example RToolDS is good for this.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have just seen Plants Vs Zombies are available.
biggrin.gif

Those who don't want to wait until Tuesday write into the google: Plant vs Zombies_Team Crippler. And you can found a clean working version on it. It is working with this Wood version, currently I didn't found any AP
I have waited for this game for so long.
smile.gif

Happy Gaming!
yaynds.gif

FoxDemon333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I get an Unable to load data. Turn the power off and reinsert the game card error when i try to run the new KH game Re:coded has anyone gotten an error like that is there a way to fix it?

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
FoxDemon333 said:
hi, I get an Unable to load data. Turn the power off and reinsert the game card error when i try to run the new KH game Re:coded has anyone gotten an error like that is there a way to fix it?

Hello!

For me the (E) version if the game working without any problem. Could you please tell me/us more details?

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
YSM3 6.46 released:

http://filetrip.net/f23686-YSM3-with-Retro...files-6-46.html

Changelog:
extinfo
removed 5459 - Art Academy (J) KOREAN PATCHED
fixed 5459 - Art Academy (K)
fixed 5478 - Das Haus Anubis Das Geheimnis des Osiris (G)
fixed 5479 - Littlest Pet Shop 3 Biggest Stars Purple Team (U)
fixed 5483 - Puzzle Expedition (U)
fixed 5484 - Capers Scare School Classroom Capers (U)
fixed 5485 - Batman The Brave And The Bold (U)
fixed 5486 - Emily Archer La Malediction de Toutankhamon (F)
fixed 5487 - Littlest Pet Shop 3 Biggest Stars Pink Team (U)
fixed 5489 - Dragon's Lair (U)
fixed 5491 - Imagine Fashion Designer (U)
fixed 5495 - Plants vs Zombies (U)
fixed 5497 - Jewel Match (E)
fixed 5498 - mega Bloks Diego's Build And Rescue (E)

infolib
removed 5459 - Art Academy (J) KOREAN PATCHED
added 2032 - Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Season (J) ENG PATCHED
added 5459 - Art Academy (K)
added 5478 - Das Haus Anubis Das Geheimnis des Osiris (G)
added 5479 - Littlest Pet Shop 3 Biggest Stars Purple Team (U)
added 5480 - Animaniacs Lights Camera Action v1.1 (E)
added 5481 - Garfield Gets Real (U)
added 5482 - Shining Stars Super Starcade (U)
added 5483 - Puzzle Expedition (U)
added 5484 - Capers Scare School Classroom Capers (U)
added 5485 - Batman The Brave And The Bold (U)
added 5486 - Emily Archer La Malediction de Toutankhamon (F)
added 5487 - Littlest Pet Shop 3 Biggest Stars Pink Team (U)
added 5488 - Suzuki Super-Bikes II Riding Challenge (U)
added 5489 - Dragon's Lair (U)
added 5490 - Dream Salon (U)
added 5491 - Imagine Fashion Designer (U)
added 5492 - Jewel Quest Mysteries (U)
added 5493 - Pirates - Duels On The High Seas (U)
added 5494 - Sawaru Made in Wario v1.2 (J)
added 5495 - Plants vs Zombies (U)
added 5496 - Eindeloos Backgammon (NL)
added 5497 - Jewel Match (E)
added 5498 - Mega Bloks Diego's Build And Rescue (E)

savlib
added 5459 - Art Academy (K)

First post updated about the game support.

As always thank you for RetroGameFan for the infolib,extinfo,savlib.dat.
yaynds.gif

FoxDemon333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gaboros said:
FoxDemon333 said:

Hello!

For me the (E) version if the game working without any problem. Could you please tell me/us more details?
well it's the U version and i fragmented it and stuff i simply got that message when i tried to run it.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
FoxDemon333 said:
gaboros said:
FoxDemon333 said:

Hello!

well it's the U version and i fragmented it and stuff i simply got that message when i tried to run it.

I don't have any problem with it, the (U) version also working fine. (cracked and trimmer in default)

Try it with the brand new released WoodR4 for M3 1.22b:

http://filetrip.net/f23687-Wood-R4-for-M3-1-22b.html

Changelog:
CODE
- Ported and optimized the dma in a more better way like in the previous version:
- Stack usage in dma code decreased about 3 times. Must solve some strange freezes on some microsd.

Note: if you don't have any problem with the previous version you don't need to update it, this just can be a bit faster. :)

If this version also doesn't works for you, you would better to get the rom from another site, maybe yours corrupted.

Enjoy the new release!
yaynds.gif

kot7k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gofansub.net
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you for your work gaboros.
Still waiting for the day we could see wood for m3 without the need of defragmenters. Everyone can have hopes
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu