whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xist said:
Shabutie78 said:
not trying to argue you know? just, the only pro i can think of about 5.00M33 is that "it makes u feel loyal 2 dark alex" and makes you a "1337 as phuck pro veteran psp user."

Think harder.
Yep. Dark Alex means reliability to me, rather than leet points.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Well, even if it's addon, I'm gonna leave it there for people that would like the addon.

And I bothered putting it there as if people want to use it, than they can use it. There are some things that m33 has that gen don't.
no, i mean it's great that you included the addon, because i mean 5.xx CFWs shouldn't be used without it. but i think it would just be a little confusing to newcomers when you're trying to tell them that prometheus is its own CFW
smile.gif

and about 5.00, really? what are they?

Some homebrew works better for m33 as in includes the 1.50 thing, which some homebrew needed.

There's also some CXMB themes that only work with m33.

And I've changed that they're addons and added the little warning for both.

And Devin, I'll get that fixed.

i don't know any homebrew that still requires 1.50 kernel, especially since 1.50 kernel is only in phat PSPs.
and CXMB themes, ok i'll give you that but don't all the good ones get ported to new CFWs anyway?
i mean, even themes that were made for 3.71 etc have been ported and upgraded and we still have them for 6.xx today
laugh.gif

anyway. nice guide, good luck in the competition.
smile.gif

QUOTE(whoomph @ May 2 2011, 04:23 PM) Yep. Dark Alex means reliability to me, rather than leet points.
the fact is, that even though dark alex pioneered custom firmware, there is no advantage to using his custom firmware over the new ones that are out. (and for xist, since i know you lack common sense and you need to have these kinds of things spelled out for you: THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE 6.XX CFWS, 'KAY, XIST?)
the only people who stayed on 5.00 when 5.03 and 5.50 came out were the people who didn't want to stray away form dark alex. talking down to GEN team etc etc.
therefore, the only reason i can think of to stay on 5.00 M33 is to try and stay on dark alex's "good" list.
QUOTE(xist @ May 2 2011, 04:18 PM)
Think harder.
oh hey it's you again. the one who argues over absolutely nothing. the designated defender of the M33 CFW! the 1337 as phuck pro veteran psp user, xist!

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Well, even if it's addon, I'm gonna leave it there for people that would like the addon.

And I bothered putting it there as if people want to use it, than they can use it. There are some things that m33 has that gen don't.
no, i mean it's great that you included the addon, because i mean 5.xx CFWs shouldn't be used without it. but i think it would just be a little confusing to newcomers when you're trying to tell them that prometheus is its own CFW
smile.gif

and about 5.00, really? what are they?
Some homebrew works better for m33 as in includes the 1.50 thing, which some homebrew needed.

There's also some CXMB themes that only work with m33.

And I've changed that they're addons and added the little warning for both.

And Devin, I'll get that fixed.
i don't know any homebrew that still requires 1.50 kernel, especially since 1.50 kernel is only in phat PSPs.
and CXMB themes, ok i'll give you that but don't all the good ones get ported to new CFWs anyway?
i mean, even themes that were made for 3.71 etc have been ported and upgraded and we still have them for 6.xx today
laugh.gif

anyway. nice guide, good luck in the competition.
smile.gif
And as others have said, M33 feels more stable. That's the main reason that most people stick to it.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
And as others have said, M33 feels more stable. That's the main reason that most people stick to it.
"feels more reliable?"
hardly a valid argument
tongue.gif

and "most" people don't stick to M33. "most" people are either on 5.03/5.50 or 6.xx CFW.
but like i said, nice guide. and good luck in the competition.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
"feels more reliable?"
hardly a valid argument
tongue.gif

and "most" people don't stick to M33. "most" people are either on 5.03/5.50 or 6.xx CFW.
Look, it's staying on there alright? No more of this. If people want to go with M33, than let them.

And stop talking about fucking Dark Alex. Who cares who made it.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
"feels more reliable?"
hardly a valid argument
tongue.gif

Look, it's staying on there alright? No more of this. If people want to go with M33, than let them.

calm down, tough guy. it's your guide, do whatever you want. i'm just making suggestions.
and what do you mean who cares about dark alex? obviously all the people on M33 care about dark alex. hurdur?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
"feels more reliable?"
hardly a valid argument
tongue.gif

calm down, tough guy. it's your guide, do whatever you want. i'm just making suggestions.
and what do you mean who cares about dark alex? obviously all the people on M33 care about dark alex. hurdur?

I'm tired of people saying that "I stay on m33 beacuse of dark alex,"

And I know that you're making suggestions, but saying "Most people are oon m33 because of dark alex" is not much of a suggestion. Both xist and whooph made good points about the CFW, like xist said "Think Harder".

Do I care that he made it? No. The only thing I care about is: it works.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
"feels more reliable?"
hardly a valid argument
tongue.gif

And I know that you're making suggestions, but saying "Most people are oon m33 because of dark alex" is not much of a suggestion. Both xist and whooph made good points about the CFW, like xist said "Think Harder".

"Think Harder" isn't a good point. it's a childish remark to try and make me look stupid, because he doesn't like me for pointing out his lack of common sense in a previous thread. lol.
no point is a good point without evidence. saying "think harder" or "5.00 is reliable" aren't valid points. - also, i don't mean to imply that i think whoomph was even trying to make a point against me. just responding your post.
but this isn't an argument of whether to use 5.00 or 5.50. i say fuck it, go to 6.20 PRO.
and for like the third time. nice guide dood. and sorry for pretty much saying "all M33 users are all over dax's bawlz."
i guess it should be most. not all.
smile.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
"feels more reliable?"
hardly a valid argument
tongue.gif

"Think Harder" isn't a good point. it's a childish remark to try and make me look stupid, because he doesn't like me for pointing out his lack of common sense in a previous thread. lol.
no point is a good point without evidence. saying "think harder" or "5.00 is reliable" aren't valid points.
but this isn't an argument of whether to use 5.00 or 5.50. i say fuck it, go to 6.20 PRO.
and for like the third time. nice guide dood. and sorry for pretty much saying "all M33 users are all over dax's bawlz."
i guess it should be most. not all.
smile.gif
Think Harder isn't a childish remark, he meant that you should see the pros and cons of m33. People prefer it for reasons that are not related to dark alex, like gen. People prefer one over the other, and so on and so forth.

So let's drop the m33 thing ok? And thank you.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Think Harder isn't a childish remark, he meant that you should see the pros and cons of m33.
it really is. and i'm pretty sure he meant it personally, lol.
but watch, if he comes back in the thread he'll probably be like "dur no i didn't duskye is right i meant you should see the pros and cons of m33."
and the fact is, i just don't see the pros. not that i think it sucks. i don't think M33 is bad. i just think there are other, more reliable options, that's all.
oh yeah and bye
good luck in the competition, yo.

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All homebrew and every emulator I will ever use on the PSP works (RELIABLY) as it should on the custom firmware I'm on right now. This is a fact.
I don't pirate games so I'm not really worried about the latest AP circumvention.
Don't update anything just because you're bored. If it ain't broke...

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:
Think Harder isn't a childish remark, he meant that you should see the pros and cons of m33.
it really is. and i'm pretty sure he meant it personally, lol.
but watch, if he comes back in the thread he'll probably be like "dur no i didn't duskye is right i meant you should see the pros and cons of m33."
and the fact is, i just don't see the pros. not that i think it sucks. i don't think M33 is bad. i just think there are other, more reliable options, that's all.
oh yeah and bye
good luck in the competition, yo.
Than that's your opinion.

It's all opinion.

I've added a pros and cons to each CFW. Let me know of any you would like added.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
maybe you should add that you will either need a pandora battery + MMS or use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher (or something similar) in order to install certain CFW.

You don't want people reporting bricks
laugh.gif

Also, you should add about perma patches on 6.20 TN-D (I don't think there's one for E) and 6.20 PRO-B5 and the new ISO loader "inferno" in 6.20/6.35 PRO-B5

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
maybe you should add that you will either need a pandora battery + MMS or use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher (or something similar) in order to install certain CFW.

You don't want people reporting bricks
laugh.gif

Also, you should add about perma patches on 6.20 TN-D (I don't think there's one for E) and 6.20 PRO-B5 and the new ISO loader "inferno" in 6.20/6.35 PRO-B5
I'll add it later, I sort of have a headache right now, but thank you for the suggestion.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Shabutie78 said:
xist said:
Think harder.
oh hey it's you again. the one who argues over absolutely nothing. the designated defender of the M33 CFW! the 1337 as phuck pro veteran psp user, xist!

You know what, if you come waltzing onto a board with no thought to learn about the regulars and their posts, and then proceed to insult them you're behaving like a Moron.

Since you're so well versed in these boards you'd be well aware i recommend the auto patching firmwares to the majority of new users because they don't want the hassles of patching games and have no history with older plugins and apps. Additionally since you appear to have me down pat, you'd be really well aware that i'd talked to coldbird prior to the very first public PRO release.

The fact that YOU fail to see the merits of M33 is YOUR ignorance, not mine. Your resort to petty insults is both baseless and immature and if you persist in trying to score points it's going to become pretty apparent to the rest of the PSP board regulars you're just seeking attention.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This guide isn't very useful right now... but it does hold promise.

If you're willing to research the pros and cons and various features of each CFW over the others and turn it into a comparison list, it'll be a good resource. Many people don't know what the difference between one firmware and another, what works on one and doesn't work on another, what the compatibility is, what patching is and how it's done, blah blah blah.

I don't just mean listing 3 pros and such, I mean an actual feature comparison, because right now this is barely more than a download link list (which isn't very useful on it's own).

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
This guide isn't very useful right now... but it does hold promise.

If you're willing to research the pros and cons and various features of each CFW over the others and turn it into a comparison list, it'll be a good resource. Many people don't know what the difference between one firmware and another, what works on one and doesn't work on another, what the compatibility is, what patching is and how it's done, blah blah blah.

I don't just mean listing 3 pros and such, I mean an actual feature comparison, because right now this is barely more than a download link list (which isn't very useful on it's own).
To me, this is wip, so I'm not done really doing everything to it. Like I said, I posted it here to see other's opinions to see how it can improve in ways. Like what you said right now. I'm gonna add all that stuff once I have it all nicely in Microsoft word.
happy.gif

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway, duskye.
nice guide and sorry for arguing with you about M33. that was pointless. its inferiority is irrelevant to whether or not it belongs in the guide.
it's a CFW and it belongs in a guide covering CFWs. sorreh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo