Best permanent CFW option for a new/unused PSP 3000 at OFW 6.10?

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new/never used kingdom hearts edition Japanese PSP 3000 and it comes with OFW 6.10. I haven't done much with a PSP in over 10 years but I remember being able to put "permanent" CFW on systems with a low enough OFW on it. I see now that there are several methods (including Infinity, which is new to me) and I'm wondering if it would be better to use the older method or just go with that? Infinity is "semi=permanent," which means it has to re-patch itself after every reboot, right?

Sorry for the noob questions; I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff and there's several different guides on the front page so I wasn't sure which was the definitive option. I'd like to go with an option where I can just "set it and forget it" but I'd also like the most stable, up-to-date option too. I was planning to try playing some stuff online too (like PSO2 with the custom servers) if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just got a new/never used kingdom hearts edition Japanese PSP 3000 and it comes with OFW 6.10. I haven't done much with a PSP in over 10 years but I remember being able to put "permanent" CFW on systems with a low enough OFW on it. I see now that there are several methods (including Infinity, which is new to me) and I'm wondering if it would be better to use the older method or just go with that? Infinity is "semi=permanent," which means it has to re-patch itself after every reboot, right?

Sorry for the noob questions; I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff and there's several different guides on the front page so I wasn't sure which was the definitive option. I'd like to go with an option where I can just "set it and forget it" but I'd also like the most stable, up-to-date option too. I was planning to try playing some stuff online too (like PSO2 with the custom servers) if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I would consider updating your PSP to the latest and installing Infinity permanent CFW with ARK4.

Reactions: Alacres

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would consider updating your PSP to the latest and installing Infinity permanent CFW with ARK4.

Ah okay, so that's the one most people are using these days? I thought maybe it would lead to faster boot times if you flashed CFW directly on PSP's with old enough OFW (pretty sure that's how I did it back on my old spirited green PSP). But if this essentially does the same thing, I guess it doesn't make a difference. Thanks for the clarification.
Post automatically merged:

A user can install infinity and enjoy either PRO or ME custom firmware without ever having go through the process of re-enabling it after every reboot.
Source: https://infinity.lolhax.org/
Nice, I guess this is the go-to guide for it? I saw another here https://www.pspunk.com/psp-cfw/ and wasn't sure if one was more up-to-date than the other.

Thanks!

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I know, you need to have a custom firmware equivalent to your actual official firmware to be able to use it.

If you feel like experimenting safely, I would suggest trying a temporary custom firmware and when you are satisfied with one, you could push further and install it permanently.

This is just what I would do, but go ahead and try what you prefer!

PSPpunk links seems good to me. It's a good reference if you want to use ME or PRO custom firmwares. I never tried Infinity yet since I'm satisfied with PRO.

good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?