Hacking AKAIO and GBA Games

smartazjb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an EZFlash 3in1, and it can play GBA games directly from AKAIO, instead of through GBAEXPLoader. When it does this, is it just using PSRAM? Or would it be better to play games through EXPLoader?

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
You can configure how AKAIO uses the 3in1. I believe the default is to copy the game to ram if it will fit (i.e. if the game is less than 16MB) otherwise to write to NOR.

See the AKAIO wiki for all the details.

-Atashi

thefullmonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
You can configure how AKAIO uses the 3in1. I believe the default is to copy the game to ram if it will fit (i.e. if the game is less than 16MB) otherwise to write to NOR.

See the AKAIO wiki for all the details.

-Atashi

I dont mean to hijack this thread but I have a question. I bought my first acekard today. So its possible to download GBA roms and play them through the AK?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thefullmonty said:
I dont mean to hijack this thread but I have a question. I bought my first acekard today. So its possible to download GBA roms and play them through the AK?

only the iplayer and the scds2 can do gba from slot1 thanks in part to an extra cpu on the flash kit. to use the acekard you will need the akaio firmware and a supported slot2 device, such as the ez3in1.

next time please make use of the search feature. this is a question which has been asked since the very start.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That cat bites