Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
1.8.5 is slower in some parts and faster in others. the cheats are parsed differently now and should be faster. updates to the cluster map and static ram buffer allow for more games to be fixed but at the price of a slightly decreased loader speed. its like a split second difference, its probably paranoia if you think you are experiencing it =P.

with each update someone complains about the loader speeds and i have to ask, does 1-5 seconds make a bit of difference when you are pirating games? is that really something to complain about? its like hearing that because the flash kit doesn't skip the health & safety screen that users won't buy it. these complaints are just ridiculous to me.

-another world

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
LOADING A GAME huh?
huh.gif

I kinda liked LOADING actually.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buffalo said:
I formatted my sd card with panasonic formatter again, upload 1.8.5 (also 1.8.5a), and still not working.

SOME games are not working (Dragon Quest IX, Golden Sun,999), not all of them.

Ack2i HW: 81
Kingston 4GB Class 4

Any suggestions?

See if the anti-AP is enabled on the System Settings. I think it's supposed to be but double check.

I'm not at home so I can't remember if you have to enable it on the system level, then on a per-game basis. It should be enabled by default but you might need to check the per-game settings as well just in case.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
buffalo said:
I formatted my sd card with panasonic formatter again, upload 1.8.5 (also 1.8.5a), and still not working.

SOME games are not working (Dragon Quest IX, Golden Sun,999), not all of them.

Ack2i HW: 81
Kingston 4GB Class 4

Any suggestions?
Have you tried turning off the AAP in AKAIO's options? That was the first thing I did after finding out it hates slower SD cards.

QUOTE(shiningnegro @ Jan 14 2011, 12:38 PM) is it just me or does games load slower in 1.8.5?
I'm pretty sure that both the games and AKAIO itself are loading faster here, and I didn't even format my MicroSD card.

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello!

I just received my Acekard 2i on Tuesday. So I have never used AKAIO before, so the 1.8.5a is the only version I have every used. Everything is working very nice card and I'm really happy I bought it.
But one small problem happening to me. Sometimes it modify all settings to default. I have checked it generate a new globalsettings.ini with the default settings. Easy to see when it is happen because after I turn off my ds and sometimes I turn again on the default skin kicks in instead of my version. So this is the 4th day when I use this card but that happen to me a several times. I couldn't see when it is happening, for me it seems it just randomly happens. (but maybe I'm not right about this).
May card/sd don't have any problem, all of the game works just this strange things happens to me all the time. I'm doing something wrong? Anybody seen this problem before?

Thank you in advance!
smile.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hakoda said:
Yes. The AIO part of AKAIO stands for All-In-One, the Acekard 2.1 & 2i use the same AKAIO revision, there isn't a difference. However I believe the Original Acekard 2 was dropped support a while back.
Awesome. I have 1.8.1 on my AK2 on the DS Lite and I have no issues atm. Still waiting for the AK2i, though. ._.

MangoPirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome. Was having a problem getting some newer games to worth on 1.8.1, but now that I got 1.85 and 1.8.5a they're all working perfectly.

keep up the great work guys!

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shiningnegro said:
is it just me or does games load slower in 1.8.5?
For me I get.
1.8.1 - Benchmark Random (16 KiB) - 7174
1.8.5 - Benchmark Random (16 KiB) - 7193

That's about 0.26% slower.
ohmy.gif

neogeo81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gaboros said:
Hello!

I just received my Acekard 2i on Tuesday. So I have never used AKAIO before, so the 1.8.5a is the only version I have every used. Everything is working very nice card and I'm really happy I bought it.
But one small problem happening to me. Sometimes it modify all settings to default. I have checked it generate a new globalsettings.ini with the default settings. Easy to see when it is happen because after I turn off my ds and sometimes I turn again on the default skin kicks in instead of my version. So this is the 4th day when I use this card but that happen to me a several times. I couldn't see when it is happening, for me it seems it just randomly happens. (but maybe I'm not right about this).
May card/sd don't have any problem, all of the game works just this strange things happens to me all the time. I'm doing something wrong? Anybody seen this problem before?

Thank you in advance!
smile.gif
Have you tried changing skins? I had a skin that used to do that and I just switched to a different skin and now it stays on that skin and doesn't go back to default anymore.

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
neogeo81 said:
gaboros said:
Hello!

Thank you in advance!
smile.gif
Have you tried changing skins? I had a skin that used to do that and I just switched to a different skin and now it stays on that skin and doesn't go back to default anymore.

It occurred with different skins. The main problem is not just the skin reset, the whole globalsettings.ini. But I "solved" it. I just made unwriteable the globalsettings.ini. I can not change the system settings from the menu but it doesn't matter because only very few times I want to modify the thins in it, and if I want, I can do it from my computer. And in this way it can not reset my globalsetting.ini.
smile.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
gaboros said:
neogeo81 said:
gaboros said:
Hello!

Thank you in advance!
smile.gif

It occurred with different skins. The main problem is not just the skin reset, the whole globalsettings.ini. But I "solved" it. I just made unwriteable the globalsettings.ini. I can not change the system settings from the menu but it doesn't matter because only very few times I want to modify the thins in it, and if I want, I can do it from my computer. And in this way it can not reset my globalsetting.ini.
smile.gif

Can you post some of these problem skins and I will fix it properly.

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Normmatt said:
Can you post some of these problem skins and I will fix it properly.

Here they are:
http://filebeam.com/b8faae05cc6a77b8cd42628fbac511c5

I used those two skins and that error happened with both of them. One times I checked with my computer the globalsettings.ini was on 0 kb. Then I turned on my ds and it written all of the changes to default.

Thank you in advance.
yaynds.gif

But if my globalsettings.ini is unwriteable that bug can not happen, so if you can not fix my skins it is not a problem!
biggrin.gif

GTRagnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woot, finally got my Acekard 2i on a DSL fully working with 1.8.5a using the Panasonic SD formatter. I'm using a SanDisk 8GB Class 2. Previously, I had the same problems some of you were having. DQ IX, Golden Sun, Professor Layton UF, and probably some others were stuck at the yellow loading screen.

I'm coming from an M3 Simply running Wood R4. Admittedly that was noticeably faster, but I'll take SDHC compatibility any day!

DSDisco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1) I just replace akmenu.nds with the one from 1.8.5a (Do that if akmenu.nds can't be detected by AK2i),
2) Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! Duo & Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded doesn't work (Large filesize games)
3) Class 2 cards turn off power on DS Lite

those are some bugs I found experimenting with 2 AK2i's, 1 DS lite, 1 DSi (1.4.1), & 2 Micro SDHC's ( Both 4GB, but one was Class 4, Other was class 2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s