Hacking AKAIO 1.3b2

Bergunzo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I found a bug. When I try to use a folder as a Shortcut, it shows me only the first five charcters of the folder (DS Ro instead of DS Roms). If I use a Rom or Homebrew it's no problem. Can you fix this?

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I appreciate wanting to hold off for the DSi product, but if the timetable starts running long, I'd just like to point out the fact that the current beta broke SD support on RPGs. So an intermediate release would help since that's resolved in your personal build. Again, just in case it starts taking a long time.

dib - that's why it's a beta. sucks something is broken, but currently the source is not in releaseable form.

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Bergunzo said:
I found a bug. When I try to use a folder as a Shortcut, it shows me only the first five charcters of the folder (DS Ro instead of DS Roms). If I use a Rom or Homebrew it's no problem. Can you fix this?

fixed. good find. The internal names routine had to factor in DS/GBA/Other and there's an order to it all.

+2 EXP for you

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a lot faster loading!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet, but the ability to hide the extensions (.nds) has been removed it seems.

Was this intentional?

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Devante - that was a bliss feature in his file list options. the internal mode switch was another bliss enema which is good
smile.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like internal mode as well!

But sometimes the internal name is a little off and oddly formatted.

Are you guys able to code your own "hide extensions" into AKAIO, or is it untouchable since bliss did it first?

Don't get me wrong, this is infinitley better than bliss', I just liked that little feature.

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
it's more a "feature" that didn't really seems necessary and missed once removed. You're the first to point it out and we've been using this for a long time.

So really it's just.... oh well!
(I don't thing another menu option is needed to the already 'getting larger with each release' options menu just to hide an extension when something like internal mode already exists.... and yeah i know about Japanese games titles in internal mode)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah maybe i'm just anal about this sort of thing, but i really like hide extensions mode.. i like being able to have full control of how the files appear in the list without having to have .nds stuck on the end (and i've never been a fan of internal names, what with some being in japanese, some being in all caps, strangely formatted and/or followed by a registered trademark sign on the publisher's whim, and a good percentage of homebrew just having the default PALib one).

i don't have my DS with me at the moment so im not basing this on how the options menu is actually laid out, this might be a retarded suggestion for that reason (i'll check when i get back) but couldn't it just be another setting in some existing file list option? (like say having a switch between normal filename/internal/hide extension). then it could be there for people who want it, without cluttering up the menu with a whole new thing.

Valdure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of internal mode are there any plans to have it sort alphabetically by internal rom name rather than actual file name? Is that even possible? Not a big deal if not but it'd be nice to save a step and not have to rename roms.

Raqib12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestions
-Change save extension for GBA games to .sav
-Option to hide icons (For those who use just the Flash Memory, and not the Slot-2/MicroSD options)
-Possible sound effects
-Ability to over-ride save update. (For instances where you save over a file, or do something that you just didn't want to do)

I'm pretty confident that DS to Wii won't work for Animal Crossing, but does Pokemon work? I haven't gotten around to trying it.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raqib12 said:
Suggestions
-Option to hide icons (For those who use just the Flash Memory, and not the Slot-2/MicroSD options)
-Possible sound effects
-Ability to over-ride save update. (For instances where you save over a file, or do something that you just didn't want to do)

I'm pretty confident that DS to Wii won't work for Animal Crossing, but does Pokemon work? I haven't gotten around to trying it.
Wii connectivity with the AceKard has always worked. I've done it with PBR and Pokemon Ranch, and it works fine.

I agree with the changed save extension, as it would save time with renaming them. Hiding icons would only be useful with the RPG of course, and as for over-riding a save, you can select .sav files and back them up as .bak, and restore them later on. You even have multiple slots. It's really just a matter of backing up often.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
demonicstrife said:
Raqib12 said:
Suggestions
-Possible sound effects

Wii connectivity with the AceKard has always worked. I've done it with PBR and Pokemon Ranch, and it works fine.

I agree with the changed save extension, as it would save time with renaming them. Hiding icons would only be useful with the RPG of course, and as for over-riding a save, you can select .sav files and back them up as .bak, and restore them later on. You even have multiple slots. It's really just a matter of backing up often.

The AKRPG is slow, not loading in the icons on the akrpg would require many changes and probably wouldn't help speed at all.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
Raqib12 said:
Suggestions
-Possible sound effects

Really?

I tried to upload my city/items to Animal Crossing and it doesn't work.

I tell Animal Crossing (Wii) to look for my DS to upload the city.
Then I go to the DS menu and click on DS download play.
Then the Wii version says something to the effect of "this game is not Animal Crossing".

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
demonicstrife said:
Raqib12 said:
Suggestions
-Possible sound effects

Really?

I tried to upload my city/items to Animal Crossing and it doesn't work.

I tell Animal Crossing (Wii) to look for my DS to upload the city.
Then I go to the DS menu and click on DS download play.
Then the Wii version says something to the effect of "this game is not Animal Crossing".
Ah. That's because the Wii is checking for the actual cart. Which obviously isn't there. Sorry, I've had little experience with Animal Crossing, so I wouldn't know too much. With Pokemon, the (DS) game is already being run, so it can establish a connection to the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong