o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just got my RPG 2 days ago from DX and I installed AKAIO 1.2 (btw good job on it) and I tried to put some ROMS including Animal Crossing: Wild World, Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Zelda: PH, and New SMB. And on the original firmware (which is awesome too
biggrin.gif
.) all the games run perfectly fine, and on AKAIO ONLY Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. worked!

Just wondering why...

redsheLL

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ita_redshell: using SDHC by chance? AFAIK AIO authors have no SDHC to do anything with...

All I can say for sure though is that Zelda and NSB both work under AIO with a 2G card and a AK2. You might want to try reformatting your card with that panasonic formatter, or with larger cluster size - or something along those lines. Try not to introduce fragmentation to system files by not directly overwriting them from official to AIO, as well.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the newest version will work with a SDHC card. The previous version didn't detect certain SDHC cards correctly.

-Bri

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do as Swip suggested, try disabling all the patches, this can cause problems, but I know for a fact Zelda, Mario Kart and SMB are working on my AK2 with 2GB kingston.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Also what size are the save files if they are created in akaio, I did some changes to the save system in akaio 1.2 so maybe i somehow broke them for those games?? they should be 512kb

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Also what size are the save files if they are created in akaio, I did some changes to the save system in akaio 1.2 so maybe i somehow broke them for those games?? they should be 512kb
No, they work fine on the RPG+1.2, I tested them myself. Zelda works with patches+cheats, Metroid PH with soft reset disabled. Animal Crossing can go to hell, I hope it is broken.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
dib said:
Normmatt said:
No, they work fine on the RPG+1.2, I tested them myself. Zelda works with patches+cheats, Metroid PH with soft reset disabled. Animal Crossing can go to hell, I hope it is broken.

Most of my changes were AK2 oriented so they might not work on the AK2, but will on the RPG

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Ill try Swips solution, and thanks for the fast replies! And btw my ROMs are not corrupted, I DLd from like 3 different places and al didnt work, no I did not trim them, and my card is a SanDisk class 2 4GB china. Now Ill go off and TEST!

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so Im done testing and the only game that duznt work is Metroid Prime Hunters. And my games say the cant be run off the microSD. Which again is a SanDisk 8GB class 2 China. And btw u can change ur speed of microSD in the orig f/w so Ill just stick with that until AKAIO has a speed modifier
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Ill try Metroid without any patches, and DiB! Animal CROSSING PwNzOrZ!

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To change the speed, open the file "sdlist.ini" with the notepad (if you are using Windows) and change the number after the "code" of your memory card (should be the last line).

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To change the speed, open the file "sdlist.ini" with the notepad (if you are using Windows) and change the number after the "code" of your memory card (should be the last line).

Thank you, Ill, still use the original f/w, (I don't the xtra features, but AWESOME WORK Smiths and Normatt *bliss?*)

Thanks for all the help, tell me anything else u know about this problem if u want

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...