AGameAWeek - 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Jayenkai, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    I love it almost as much as space shooting trail! Also why does the fridge bleed lol.

Jayenkai likes this.
  2. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    It's carrying a lot of Tomato Juice!

3. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    I forgot to mention how smooth and animated the fruits are its amazing!!!

newo likes this.
  4. frozenLake

frozenLake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Could you see about distributing this on TitleDB? It would make it much easier to access on the 3DS, since then you wouldn't need to move the files over from the computer to the SD Card.

mike a likes this.
  5. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Or have qr codes

6. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    Does TitleDB have feedback methods?
    Player replies, reviews, ratings?
    As much as I love giving my time and energy to create these games, it’s also nice to have a thank you, and a bit of feedback, every now and again.
    I like to make things easy, but if I add them to whatever TitleDB is, will that still allow the odd reply?

Motivation is a very strong element to AGameAWeek.
    I can’t just keep going based on my own insanity!!

7. frozenLake

frozenLake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Unfortunately, TitleDB does not have any of those things: and I figure that, even if it was implemented server side, that FBI would not implement it client side.
    However, it would allow for people to download the games directly on their 3DS, and that would give a decent chance of increasing the number of players.

8. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    OK, I'll look into it.

Whilst I do, do me a favour. And this goes for everyone reading this post.

Open up the list of your favourite homebrew titles on your 3DS right now, find the authors (email/twitter/etc is usually in the credits, somewhere) and say hello.
    Thank them for their homebrew, and let them know that there are people that appreciate their work.

Feedback is King
    We might not do this for money, but we don't do it for nothing.

9. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    Well then first is you!

Thank you so much @Jayenkai for making these games for the community and doing it so fast too! Every game you make is enjoyable and brings me happiness. I will make sure to spread your work to everyone that has a hacked 3ds.

Attached Files:

Jayenkai likes this.
  10. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    [​IMG]
    Radial Warning

The "warning" being : This game can be utterly chaotic, at times!!
    Spin around the dish, and blast away at the spawning enemies, whilst avoiding all the bombs and trying not to die horribly!
    Peow-peow!!

You can Download Radial Warning here

(Apologies if this game's a little bit "too" chaotic!)

-=-=-

I've been trying my best to make this game as playable as I could over the past few days, so apologies that I haven't yet got that TitleDB stuff working, yet.
    Will be attempting it, later on today, assuming I get a chance..
    .. After all, I have another game to start making!!

Last edited by Jayenkai, Jul 16, 2018 - Reason: Added Stuffage
    Inthescene and Zeldaplayer67 like this.
  11. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
  12. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    Indeed, and all of Jeff Minter's many circular shooters.
    It is, in fact, intended as a sequel to my many Microbes games, which in turn are based on an old Amiga PD game which I pinched, also called Microbes.
    The last time I attempted a game in that vein, however, it was all starting to feel a little slow and dated, since the Microbes tend to sit in one place and grow, rather than come at you..
    This is a more frantic version, with the enemies constantly in motion. It's certainly a lot more action packed than the Microbes games were, but .. I'm not sure if it's "Better".. It's just "Different"!!!
    And that's one of the aims of AGameAWeek. Try different things, and find out first hand what does and doesn't work!!

Zeldaplayer67 likes this.
  13. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    I like space shooters for some reason and this is a great variation of them!

14. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    OK, apparently TitleDB is quite happy with me just linking to the .zip files on my server, in place, so that's SUCH a relief.. No need to faff about with GitHub or uploading extra versions, or any other such nonsense.

I've added all titles to the DB, and (assuming I didn't break anything along the way!) all oughta be working nicely.

15. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    Could you make a splatoon like game next where you compete with a cpu to color as much as you can within a certain time i would love that!

Jayenkai likes this.
  16. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
  17. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    Um...

Jayenkai likes this.
  18. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    Right... QR Codes..
    I was originally going to make a large sheet, which I could update each week with more and more QRCodes on, with little icons next to them, on the firstpost.. but upon testing it with FBI, it seems to latch on to the first QR it finds, so it all becomes a bit of a mess.

The primary alternative would be to add the QR code to each post, but this thread's getting a bit messy.
    It's probably a good idea for me to start posting individual threads for my games, but one a week might look a little too spammy. This is the intial reason why I wanted to, instead, stick to this one single thread.

Dilemma..
    Do I make it easier for readers/commenters to post to each individual game, but run the risk of looking like a blinkin' SpamBot... or do I stick to this one thread?

Thoughts..!?!

19. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    could you put qr codes on your site? Why can't you use title db you use fbi for both qr and title db.

Inthescene likes this.
  20. Jayenkai
    OP

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    Honestly, I'm not sure where I'd fit them!
    The game pages are already quite cluttered, and the link would end up being buried in the Bonus Links, where people probably wouldn't notice them.