Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My DS games include both a .ds.gba and a .nds file, because .. that’s just how games were distributed at the time.
Much like how I currently include a .3dsx and .cia, for the 3DS ones.
They both run identically, afaik, but you just had two versions because.. .. that’s the way it was!

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know lol, bit I'm wondering if he made gba homebrew, he has homebrew for a lot of operating systems like windows and nds

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
My DS games include both a .ds.gba and a .nds file, because .. that’s just how games were distributed at the time.
Much like how I currently include a .3dsx and .cia, for the 3DS ones.
They both run identically, afaik, but you just had two versions because.. .. that’s the way it was!

Except that wasn't the way it was.

In the early days we ran homebrew by burning them to a gba flashcart and the software for most of the cart writers refused to deal with images that didn't have a gba header. We fairly quickly discovered that we could make an nds header that was also a valid gba header for those carts instead of prepending a special header that loaded the nds from cart space. By the time you started making DS homebrew the .ds.gba thing was just cargo cult and unfortunately it took an inordinately long time to die out.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This week's game!!

The Link Janitor

Help the Link Janitor fix up all the broken links in the arena.
Simply stand on a block, tap A, trail the link to a similar colour, and then repeat until all the links are complete.
If you get stuck, you can use A to deactivate a link, or if you're REALLY stuck, hit Y to restart the level.

It's a nice and gentle little puzzle game. Nowhere near as hard as the Biscuit one!!

You can Download The Link Janitor here.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tend not to add "easy" levels to my games, and any tutorials are typically as barebone as I can make them.
Personally I think that if you’re someone who plays my games, each and every week, then having to deal with a half dozen tutorial levels each and every week would be dull and boring!
So, instead, my games tend to jumpstart into the "good" bit, instead of pacing things a bit gentler.

As such, most "newcomers" to the world of AGameAWeek seem to find things a bit harder than they’re used to.
It's nothing bad, it's just that over the past decade or so, everyone's got used to having the guiding hand for the first few levels.
Taking it away is a shock to the system!

As for "Biscuit", even I'd agree that that game's difficult.
I developed it using a cheat mode, so I could get the game working right, and knew that the levels were doable.
Then I turned off the cheat mode, and went "oh, crikey, that’s a bit hard!!”
But I left it how it was, because.. mmm.. super hard puzzler!

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how is centi pong coming along
My harddrive went a little bit dead, this week. It's been gradually freaking out over the past few months, and this week it started making horrific noises.
As such, I’m currently in the middle (like, literally, right now!) of setting up a new Laptop and getting everything up and running.
Haven’t had much time to think about Centipong, and how to do a new version. so instead this week's game will be about a Fridge on a Pogo Stick, because that requires much less thinking time!!!

upload_2018-6-30_0-33-36.png

Maybe next week for Centipong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?