Hacking Advance Wars Days of Ruin freezes on g6ds real 2.9

Trippy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have this problem with the 2.9 firmware? As soon as it begins to load, it freezes @ the nintendo sign.
cry.gif

Trippy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow doubt many flash card owners buy a whole lot of games. And whether it's one of the best games is debatable.

Tenement Funster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go in to the options, there is a button to test your microphone. If you activate that, the game will freeze. I haven't found any mic uses in the game yet, so it's not bad. On a related note, when the mic needs to be used in most other games, it will freeze there too.

Tenement Funster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be able to use the mic in friends games, but I currently don't have any, so I don't know yet. Playing worldwide games works just perfectly.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm getting the same problem, at the screen where it says nintendo it says 'Unable to write data. Switch off the DS and reinsert the Game Card' and it's not the ROM file because I tried it with No$gba and it worked perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See $200 at neweeg but oof 8gbram
  • Veho @ Veho:
    My current computer has 8GB of RAM and it's working fine. I think I could live with that.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If no hefty gaming stuff should be fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just get some used shit off ebay or smth for ram
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    that's what my dad's friend does
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't buy used ram it's too cheap now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But it's probably on board ram with that device
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, it's a SoC.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've done more shell scripting in my current job in the year and a half I've been here than I did in my entire 8+ years at my last job. Wild.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Scripting isn't even in my job description, but it enables me to, say, take multiple hours of multiple touches to servers to run commands over the course of a month, to a few minutes and it's ready 2 days later.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shell scripting is very useful.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    For batch operations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Massivley so. Glad I'm getting more experienced with it now
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Hey can you make this [inane change] on 50 servers?" Yes.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The scenario in question is to do disk erases on some storage servers at my job that have I think 12x 14TB spinners, SATA SSDs, and nvme disks. The process I'm using to erase the spinners is to kick off an ATA Security Erase in the disk's firmware, then once that's done do a dd zero-fill as a second pass.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    These spinners take like 22h per each of those operations
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'll admit sometimes it takes me longer to write and debug a script that will do that for me, than it would take me to make the changes manually, but this is more fun.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And running it over a serial console I'd either have to spin up a dozen and a half screen sessions or just run one operation at a time
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wrote a horrifyingly long one-liner to do all of that - spin up a shitload of screen sessions, run these commands to it, pipe output to kmsg so it shows up in the default tty's shell, and some other shit on top of that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Can't you run pssh?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Some day I'll write out a properly formatted shell script that lives on our firmware server or git repo and just call that, and have that handle every kind of server we run much more gracefully than my hobbled together atrocity does right now
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pssh - nope. 1, what I'm doing gets done from our bootable provisioning environment, and you can only interface with that via serial console - we don't accept ssh connections on the servers in that state, and 2, I don't even know if our bootable environment has pssh baked into it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    3, I've never even heard of it before lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Anyway I can open serial console sessions to multiple devices at the same time, and broadcast my input to all of them (iTerm on Mac is the terminal emulator I'm using). It's just a matter of how many commands I'd have to run by hand, and how long they'd take otherwise lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Anyway I can open serial console sessions to multiple devices at the same time, and broadcast my...