Hacking Acekard2i Fix is released today !

Kallona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One lastquestiin, i can procure a dslite, i own a dsixl that i want to use the fix on, so do i use the dsl.nds or dsi.nds fix update on the dslite? Rhen i can put it on my dsixl to work, right?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kallona said:
One lastquestiin, i can procure a dslite, i own a dsixl that i want to use the fix on, so do i use the dsl.nds or dsi.nds fix update on the dslite? Rhen i can put it on my dsixl to work, right?

From your posts, I think you need to follow a guide. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=231410

Use the DSi file regardless of which console you use it on. While both files will work, there's much less chance of you bricking your Acekard if you use the DSi file.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
zangafan27 said:
Yuan said:
Tested here, it worked fine it seems, but don't know if it really updated.

I have only a DSLite and icon stills Acekard 2i at it.
When you use a DSL with an AK2i it shows that. if you use a dsi the icon should be Alex Rider Stormbreaker after you run the fix.

LOL ALEX RIDER DS!?

even moar shittier xD

Kallona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er, it says i should see stormbreaker when i turn on my dsixl with the acekard2i in it, its updated to 7.1 or ehatever akaio is up to bit i see danny phantom, will tje fix still work?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Marsou77 said:
I have got a little post because I no speak english very well and I post here (GBAtemp forums) because in the French forum is forbidden....
rolleyes.gif
If people are speaking in a language the mods don't understand, they can't properly keep track of it. Yes, there's online translators, but they're not perfect (especially in regards to differing sentence structure), and won't pick up on things such as sarcasm.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Kallona @ Sep 12 2010, 08:11 PM) Er, it says i should see stormbreaker when i turn on my dsixl with the acekard2i in it, its updated to 7.1 or ehatever akaio is up to bit i see danny phantom, will tje fix still work?
This is totally separate from AKAIO, it's a different type of update.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kallona said:
Er, it says i should see stormbreaker when i turn on my dsixl with the acekard2i in it, its updated to 7.1 or ehatever akaio is up to bit i see danny phantom, will tje fix still work?

What I put in the guide was

QUOTEak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds is used to update a single cart, and can be used on the DS Lite, DS Phat and DSi FW =< 1.3. In most cases this is the file you should use because there's less chance of anything going wrong. If your DSi has firmware 1.4, you can use your DSi to perform the firmware update *provided* you see 'Danny Phantom' icon when you boot your DSi with your Acekard 2i inserted. Once complete you can update your DSi's firmware to 1.4.1 if you choose to do so, but ensure you only do this once your Acekard 2i has been updated. Make sure you see the 'Alex Rider - Stormbreaker' icon when you boot the DSi with the Acekard in *before* you update your DSi's firmware to 1.4.1.

I'm guessing it's bit in bold which is confusing you. I've just tried to make it clear that you update the Acekard's firmware first, then the DSi's firmware. If someone does it on that order, they can use their DSi to do perform the update. If you've already updated the DSi, that's not something you will be able to do.

Some people will update the DSi's firmware first, and then try to update the Acekard. They then end with not being able to use their Acekard because the DSi firmware has blocked it.

Forget about AKAIO version, it doesn't effect the firmware update.

Shutter72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have 3 dsi xl's for my kids, all 3 brand new and 2 worked fine and the 3rd got a "an error occurred when trying to load blah blah" so i tried this update on that 3rd one that was not working and now it works! sweet! it is indeed a different icon, instead of danny phantom its some other one. who cares imho.. Anyways, thanks my daughter is a happy camper and i have less of a headache! haha

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to see an update out there. I never bothered with updating my XL, so I'm good with 1.4. I might do it it for shits and giggles just to keep updated.

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed 2 cards this evening without any trouble, I then updated my DSIxl to 1.4.1 and both cards work without any problems.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool but I'm holding off on updating til M3i Zero at least and I'm hoping that R4i RTS is updatable. I can't get any reply from either team web site about that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny