Acekard2 vs. CycloDS Evolution

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by gardaa, Feb 9, 2009.

Feb 9, 2009

Acekard2 vs. CycloDS Evolution by gardaa at 2:39 AM (1,087 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gardaa
    OP

Newcomer gardaa Newbie

Brazil
    Hi, people.

I have a close friend who's recently decided to buy himself a DS, and has asked me to help him choose his flashcard. Being the owner of an R4DS, I recommended him one, but then I found out that the R4DS card has been discontinued.
    I've read all of GBAtemp's reviews on Slot-1 flashcards, and I just can't decide between these two (Acekard2 and CycloDS). So I decided to ask you guys for some help.

I'd like to hear from some Acekard2 and CycloDS owners their opinions on how well they work and how easy to use they are, since my friend is new to the DS world, and it would be really nice if he could use it without many difficulties.

I would also like to know if DealExtreme is a valid option to purchase both of them.

Thanks in advance.

2. DokiDoki98

Member DokiDoki98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I like acekard 2

3. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hmmm

The Acekard2 is perfect with AKAIO

but DX is reaaaaaally slow

4. sgand

Newcomer sgand Advanced Member

United States
    CycloDS

5. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Acekard is cheaper, and has a nicer GUI/Skinning feature imo. But Cyclo has more features I think (Real-time save, In game guides).

6. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Cyclo if you have the price for it

7. taken

Member taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    without many difficulties. Easy menu Cyclo ds is perfect. One drawback is the price.

But it's one of the best flashcards around. I got a cyclo ds plus an Edge card they are pretty much the same but the more options on a cyclo ds.

Posts merged

without many difficulties. Easy menu Cyclo ds is perfect. One drawback is the price.

But it's one of the best flashcards around. I got a cyclo ds plus an Edge card they are pretty much the same but the more options on a cyclo ds.

8. Santee

Member Santee JalapeƱo

United States
    well the cyclods has extra features like save anywher (rts) in game text reader so you can put a guide in there but it's the most expensive and im guessing that your going to have a hard time finding one that ships to brazil acekard 2 is really cheap and dealextreme shipd internationally it only lacks those extra features i metioned before