AceKard UK reliable seller required

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by efiste2, May 12, 2012.

May 12, 2012
  1. efiste2
    OP

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    Can anyone recommend a UK seller of AceKards, obviousley there are a few on the net, but i wondered If any of you expert peeps recommend one......

2. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
  3. efiste2
    OP

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks so much for that............. :yay:

4. maximo2

Newcomer maximo2 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I purchased an Acekard 2i from UK Memory Cards last week. I ordered from them because they seemed to be the most trustworthy UK-based retailer, and they also update the Acekard firmware to the latest version for you. I placed my order on Monday evening and it was delivered by First Class RSF on Friday. I'm very pleased with their service. :)

5. Themanhunt

Member Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    xpertron.co.uk

Very reliable. Fast delivery and cheap prices. I bought a Save Dongle for about £3 there and a Supercard DSTWO (cost £32 ish or more). Very reliable and quick delivery (2 days).

6. efiste2
    OP

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    Cant seem to find any flashcarts on Xpertron.......... :(

7. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    in the UK i use zhuzhuchina
    never had any problems and they ship super fast

8. Inferno986return

Newcomer Inferno986return Newbie

United Kingdom
    I am also in this boat, here's what I think:

Xpertron.co.uk - Was a great site but they had a huge sale and now there is nothing better there than cheap R4 clones.

Cheapr4i.com - Looks very reliable due to feedback around GBATemp. Their site could do with a serious design overhaul though!

9. Themanhunt

United Kingdom
    You're both in a bit of a pickle now. Xpertron was prettyy much the only seller of flashcarts in the UK. Amazon sells crappy Action Replay ones, but I dont recommend them.

There are a few european stores out there. A good tip to find them is to go onto the Acekard reseller list and look for european ones there.

In any case, there's nothing wrong about buying from China.

10. supashaka

Newcomer supashaka Member

United Kingdom
    Hope somebody can help: I found this site selling it for cheap: http://www.r4shop.co.uk/acekard-2i-uk-acekard-3ds-rpg-for-nintendo-3ds-dsi-xl-dsi-dsl-ds.html

Does anybody know if it is reliable??

11. supashaka

Newcomer supashaka Member

United Kingdom
    I just realised that the above link is an acekard rpg and read that it's not as good. In that case I guess I could just buy from abroad since I don't wanna pay the expensive UK prices. They have the regular acekard 2 for £11.47 and I have a dslite so wondering should I just settle for that? I thought the newer acekard 2i would be more reliable in general?

How about this site: http://www.v2watch.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&zenid=429463f2c9235f0cd362d1d9dcbd86cd&keyword=acekard&categories_id=3015?currency=GBP

hope some1 can help!

12. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the rpg is a pretty amazing card. the wood firmware is a continuation of a kernel specifically designed to support it, so you'll be able to play the latest and greatest. the wood firmware does things with the rpg that weren't possible when most reviews were written, like direct to sd saving. you may want to research it a bit before assuming the rpg isn't a great card. as for build quality, the rpg is much better than the 2i. it doesn't suffer from contact issues, shell problems, bad msd slots, etc. in fact, i can't recall ever reading a single bad thing about the rpg build quality.

however, you never mentioned what ds you are buying for. the rpg is only supported by the ds phat and ds lite. it does not work on the dsi, xl, or 3ds.

edit::
    i typed before i clicked the link. what is pictured in that link is an ak2i. they say "rpg" in the title but that card they are selling is not an rpg.

-another world

13. Almahisen

Newcomer Almahisen Member

United States
    you can choose the official agent of ak2i from acekard 2i site distributor list,from which you will get several stores optional,or you can go to shotemp.I received my acekard 2i from digitopz.com,preflashed firmware,free shipping,works perfect on my 3DS V4.1.0-8,like it much.If you need,you can reference .

14. 1ronlung

Member 1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have just been doing A LOT of research on this. We all know that uk suppliers take the piss price wise. Best alternative i can find is www.chipspain.com price is only eur 15 for the 2i. Shipping to the uk in 3 - 5 days. I've never used them myself so can't recommend but website is very professional, payment via paypal and they offer customer service via skype. I'm gonna try them for my next order cos i can't be doing with waiting a month to receive shit from china

15. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    You should try ZhuZhuChina. They deliver to the UK within 2 weeks (usually sooner) and generally have the cheapest prices for whatever card you're buying. Plus you can be sure you're not getting some crappy knock-off, they're 100% legit.

16. Edsonkye

Newcomer Edsonkye Member

Australia
    Europe reseller: http://www.gamekool.com/
    AK2i has been updated to support the latest system,I like their service,and its fast delivery and free shipping impressed me.

17. Hazard7

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Is there a UK site that still do PayPal? I tried ordered a AceKard 2i from www.v2watch.com but I have no idea how Wire Transfer works on my HSBC bank.

18. samjef11

Member samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hasn't V2watch been bad press latelyi mean really gone to the ground?

19. Themanhunt

United Kingdom
    V2watch is good. They do accept paypal, but you have to email them if you want to pay that way.

I made an order and got the $1.99 option (free insurance and faster shipping, took 5 working days for me)

20. Hazard7

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    They don't do paypal due to the warning from paypal about selling flashcarts.]