Acekard suddenly having FAT Error

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by pke, Nov 25, 2009.

Nov 25, 2009

Acekard suddenly having FAT Error by pke at 4:00 PM (4,333 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. pke
    OP

Newcomer pke Newbie

United States
    Hello. I have an issue with my Acekard and I was wondering if anyone here could help?

Last night I was loading a new game on my mini SD card, and when I put it back in my Acekard it said 'FAT ERROR' on startup. I tried deleting the file and trying again with the same error. Even a different mini SD card gave me the error. Is my Acekard just straight up dead? Or is there any way to possibly try and get it working again? It was a gift to me but I can't remember how long ago it was purchased, or from where, etc. Trying to get that info to see if it's possible to get it replaced. No way I can afford a new one atm.

Anyway, thanks fo any advice or anything.

2. Sinistral89

Member Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Hope it is a microSD not an mini...

3. Jasper07

Member Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    well i don't know the solution to your problem, but an Acekard 2i is only 12$ at DX, so if it turns out to be dead, you can always buy a new one

4. pke
    OP

Newcomer pke Newbie

United States
    Well like I said, at the moment I can't afford one, also I never got items last time I used DX, so I'm not wasting money there again.

5. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    FAT error usually means there is no O/S files (or files missing) on the microSD. Some earlier models of Acekard 2 (the ones with the bump in the middle of the sticker), used to have a hardware defect which caused this kind of error as well.

6. Apk07

Newcomer Apk07 Advanced Member

United States
    Did you try both FAT and FAT32 when formatting the card?

7. pke
    OP

Newcomer pke Newbie

United States
    No, but I will try this. Thanks for the advice

8. deathgazer

Newcomer deathgazer Newbie

Singapore
    probably you're using the first generation acekard (not the ver 2.1).
    encountered the same problem as you and my card is useless ever since.

the microsd isn't the problem, it's the acekard 2 itself.
    so i got a new acekard 2i from DX and it solved my problem. =)

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    its hard to help you without more information. does your acekard say 2 or 2.1 on the sticker? if i says 2.1, verify that it is not a clone. format your microSD card using the panasonic formatter, reload the akaio firmware v1.5 and try 1 rom to see if it is working. if you don't want to format then take the msd in/out/in/out a few times to make sure you get a good seat.

the acekard will say "fat error" if the card is not making correct contact with the ds. it will also say it if your msd is not making correct contact with the acekard. finally it will say it if one or more of the system files are corrupt or missing.

after debugging if you can prove that it is not more than 1 yr old you can get a replacement from acekard. e-mail them at acekard@gmail.com. they will test you to see what you have done to debug and they will probably require proof that is not a clone and that it is not more than a yr old.

when all that is said and done, you do realize that saying you can't afford a new acekard is hard to believe from any perspective. the thing is $12 with free shipping. you could collect bottles, cut lawns, rake leaves, clean up a garage, or do 2 hours of baby sitting.

-another world

10. pke
    OP

Newcomer pke Newbie

United States
    First off why in the world are you guys bugging me about buying a new one. I have already said Its not an option at the moment, stop bugging me.
    I lost my job so paying for things that isn't my rent is out of the question, so seriously stop suggesting it. It's really really irritating.
    My odd jobs are really just enough to pay for living so, okay, thanks.

Anyway I have emailed acekard, but haven't gotten a reply yet, though that's not surprising because it hasn't been long. Also I'm not too hopeful since it was a gift and I have no proof of purchase or anything. Oh well.

it's Acekard 2, not 2.1.
    The reformatting and reloading did not work. I guess the card just died.
    Thanks for the help, but I think it might be a lost cause.

11. Another World

Colombia
    its the internet. if you don't want opinions stop using it.

i'm going to collect cans tomorrow and see if i can make enough to buy an acekard.

-another world

12. pke
    OP

Newcomer pke Newbie

United States
    Good for you jerk off. I bet mommy pays all your bills though so you have no worries. Stay cool.

13. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    Dude he's just trying to help. Oh and flaming someone in your own thread is almost tempting (to flame back) as another worlds sig. [​IMG]

14. pke
    OP

Newcomer pke Newbie

United States
    I don't really care. I had mentioned that at the moment buying a new one isnt an option, but he insisted on making a big deal over something so dumb. Real life is more important than buying games.
    I asked for input, not 'lulzzz get a new 1'.

15. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    if you can't even afford to steal games and the only cash you have is poured towards your rent then why spend your money on frivolous gadgets like a ds in the first place?
    either you truly can't spare $12 in which case you should do the responsible thing and sell your useless items in order to buy things you actually need or you are lying and are just too lazy to buy a new ak.
    either way, nobody cares. STFU!

16. Another World

Colombia
    you don't even know me little child. based on your crappy attitude i'm now happy that the fertilizer plant closed in your boondocks backwater world and now you can't afford a $12 flash linker from DX. the first time i type "lulzzz" is the last time i'll type it. your too stuipd to pirate anyways, you would probably have ended up running a bricker.

-another world

17. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    and just for the reccord guys aother world is a she/female/girl so stop

~geoff

18. Another World

Colombia
    let them dish it out, i got a fork big enough to feed the hells angles. =P

-another world