Hacking Acekard suddenly having FAT Error

pke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have an issue with my Acekard and I was wondering if anyone here could help?

Last night I was loading a new game on my mini SD card, and when I put it back in my Acekard it said 'FAT ERROR' on startup. I tried deleting the file and trying again with the same error. Even a different mini SD card gave me the error. Is my Acekard just straight up dead? Or is there any way to possibly try and get it working again? It was a gift to me but I can't remember how long ago it was purchased, or from where, etc. Trying to get that info to see if it's possible to get it replaced. No way I can afford a new one atm.

Anyway, thanks fo any advice or anything.

pke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sinistral89 said:
Hope it is a microSD not an mini...

oh, you're right! I always get the names mixed up.

QUOTE(Jasper07 @ Nov 25 2009, 09:37 PM) well i don't know the solution to your problem, but an Acekard 2i is only 12$ at DX, so if it turns out to be dead, you can always buy a new one
Well like I said, at the moment I can't afford one, also I never got items last time I used DX, so I'm not wasting money there again.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FAT error usually means there is no O/S files (or files missing) on the microSD. Some earlier models of Acekard 2 (the ones with the bump in the middle of the sticker), used to have a hardware defect which caused this kind of error as well.

pke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
FAT error usually means there is no O/S files (or files missing) on the microSD. Some earlier models of Acekard 2 (the ones with the bump in the middle of the sticker), used to have a hardware defect which caused this kind of error as well.
This is what mine is like actually, it has the bump in the middle. It was working so well until I tried to re-insert the micro sd.
frown.gif

QUOTE(Apk07 @ Nov 27 2009, 01:18 AM) Did you try both FAT and FAT32 when formatting the card?
No, but I will try this. Thanks for the advice

deathgazer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
probably you're using the first generation acekard (not the ver 2.1).
encountered the same problem as you and my card is useless ever since.

the microsd isn't the problem, it's the acekard 2 itself.
so i got a new acekard 2i from DX and it solved my problem. =)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its hard to help you without more information. does your acekard say 2 or 2.1 on the sticker? if i says 2.1, verify that it is not a clone. format your microSD card using the panasonic formatter, reload the akaio firmware v1.5 and try 1 rom to see if it is working. if you don't want to format then take the msd in/out/in/out a few times to make sure you get a good seat.

the acekard will say "fat error" if the card is not making correct contact with the ds. it will also say it if your msd is not making correct contact with the acekard. finally it will say it if one or more of the system files are corrupt or missing.

after debugging if you can prove that it is not more than 1 yr old you can get a replacement from acekard. e-mail them at [email protected]. they will test you to see what you have done to debug and they will probably require proof that is not a clone and that it is not more than a yr old.

when all that is said and done, you do realize that saying you can't afford a new acekard is hard to believe from any perspective. the thing is $12 with free shipping. you could collect bottles, cut lawns, rake leaves, clean up a garage, or do 2 hours of baby sitting.

-another world

pke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
its hard to help you without more information. does your acekard say 2 or 2.1 on the sticker? if i says 2.1, verify that it is not a clone. format your microSD card using the panasonic formatter, reload the akaio firmware v1.5 and try 1 rom to see if it is working. if you don't want to format then take the msd in/out/in/out a few times to make sure you get a good seat.

the acekard will say "fat error" if the card is not making correct contact with the ds. it will also say it if your msd is not making correct contact with the acekard. finally it will say it if one or more of the system files are corrupt or missing.

after debugging if you can prove that it is not more than 1 yr old you can get a replacement from acekard. e-mail them at [email protected]. they will test you to see what you have done to debug and they will probably require proof that is not a clone and that it is not more than a yr old.

when all that is said and done, you do realize that saying you can't afford a new acekard is hard to believe from any perspective. the thing is $12 with free shipping. you could collect bottles, cut lawns, rake leaves, clean up a garage, or do 2 hours of baby sitting.

-another world

First off why in the world are you guys bugging me about buying a new one. I have already said Its not an option at the moment, stop bugging me.
I lost my job so paying for things that isn't my rent is out of the question, so seriously stop suggesting it. It's really really irritating.
My odd jobs are really just enough to pay for living so, okay, thanks.

Anyway I have emailed acekard, but haven't gotten a reply yet, though that's not surprising because it hasn't been long. Also I'm not too hopeful since it was a gift and I have no proof of purchase or anything. Oh well.

it's Acekard 2, not 2.1.
The reformatting and reloading did not work. I guess the card just died.
Thanks for the help, but I think it might be a lost cause.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pke said:
Good for you jerk off. I bet mommy pays all your bills though so you have no worries. Stay cool.

Dude he's just trying to help. Oh and flaming someone in your own thread is almost tempting (to flame back) as another worlds sig.
smileipb2.png

pke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care. I had mentioned that at the moment buying a new one isnt an option, but he insisted on making a big deal over something so dumb. Real life is more important than buying games.
I asked for input, not 'lulzzz get a new 1'.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
pke said:
I don't really care. I had mentioned that at the moment buying a new one isnt an option, but he insisted on making a big deal over something so dumb. Real life is more important than buying games.
if you can't even afford to steal games and the only cash you have is poured towards your rent then why spend your money on frivolous gadgets like a ds in the first place?
either you truly can't spare $12 in which case you should do the responsible thing and sell your useless items in order to buy things you actually need or you are lying and are just too lazy to buy a new ak.
either way, nobody cares. STFU!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
pke said:

you don't even know me little child. based on your crappy attitude i'm now happy that the fertilizer plant closed in your boondocks backwater world and now you can't afford a $12 flash linker from DX. the first time i type "lulzzz" is the last time i'll type it. your too stuipd to pirate anyways, you would probably have ended up running a bricker.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night