Acekard R.P.G. in-house at GBAtemp

nBrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys, i just got the newest firmware from today. Download it from my website : http://www.nentindo.nl/downloads/acekard_rpg_root_0914.rar

I recieved the card today and it looks very promising
smile.gif

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can you boot the firmware on another card?

that would be cool:O

Edit: I tried it on my r4, and it loads up fine, but it freezes when you pick slot 2, flash, or micro sdXD

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the R4 mediocre? It plays games except a few perfectly, updates are ususally monthly, it has 100% download play, DLDI autopatching, a great community behind, fully skinnable with a lot of skins made by the communtiy...need I go on?

Well you can keep believing that, but the need to patch a single game is enough to dethrone the R4 already. If there is one game that needs the ARM7 patch, chances are there will be more, and if you get a flash cart that requires patching, you have a lot more options, such as slot 2 carts.

All of those features are done by the CycloDS Evolution already, it is pointless to say that the R4 is still king. Although the R4 certainly isn't mediocre, it certainless isn't the best anymore either.

Are you mad because I was criticizing your precious Acekard R.P.G? No need to get defensive here man. And you act as if that wasn't a problem for the Cyclo. They released a firmware to fix the problem, which shows their card doesn't have 100% compatibility, now does it? The Cyclo is good but doesn't have as good a community behind it as the R4 does, and just like you said, they both share some of the same features. So why are you saying the R4 is dethroned? The only reason I'm even considering a Cyclo is for the SDHC support, as that's really the only thing it has over the R4.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How is the R4 mediocre? It plays games except a few perfectly, updates are ususally monthly, it has 100% download play, DLDI autopatching, a great community behind, fully skinnable with a lot of skins made by the communtiy...need I go on?
Ah, yes please continue naming things that all other flashcarts have.

Does it have slow motion, screen shot taking, copy and paste, or even a in game menu? Thought not.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you know me, I generally defend almost all flash carts from general criticism. I defended the CycloDS Evolution early on, even the R4. I don't know, I like to give cartridges the benefit of the doubt most of the time. And most of what I "defended" was just right up on their site, something you didn't read.

Sure worms caused a problem for CycloDS Evolution, but it was immediately fixed, unlike the R4... Who has yet to fix it. The CycloDS Evolution does have a good community behind it, the R4 just has an unimaginable amount of fanboys behind the product, which means absolutely nothing other than a billion posts saying that the R4 is the greatest. One supposedly good thing about a large fanbase for R4 is the large amount of skins on the net, which aren't all that great, they are just resized wallpapers that can be found on the net. In terms of original skins with fresh ideas, CycloDS Evolution is on par with the R4. Not to mention that if you do some 30 seconds worth of modifying R4 skins, you can place them in working condition for the CycloDS Evolution.

One of the best things about the CycloDS Evolution is the menu, the games menu is just FAR nicer and faster than the R4's. Overall the cart is more polished, their customer service is again FAR superior, the general support for homebrew seems to be better. And let me add that they had most of the R4's features ahead of the R4, basically they had the download play support first (which as most people have figured out, the R4 had stolen from the CycloDS Evolution), they have in game brightness change (which is pretty hard to get working for the R4), etc.

Now I'll end my little rant. I feel that the CycloDS Evolution is easily better than the R4, its not that the R4 isn't good, it is just that the CycloDS Evolution is better.

Cyclo fanboy alert! Why is everyone that defends something suddenly a fanboy?

reluttr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to see a USB game pad function included, one very simular to the one used with the DS-Linker. But by the software being open source I guess that is always a possibility. Also if it isn't a problem if they do add the game pad function to it I hope they upgrade the drivers for vista
tongue.gif

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
i dont know if i missed this or not but will this card be able to auto patch things that need the ARM7 patch?

If this AK is like the previous AK, it would work with every single game. No patch needed. No kernel upgrade needed.

Ah, yes please continue naming things that all other flashcarts have.
All other flashcarts have a great community and a lot of skins?

And acekard, a SVN depository for the source code world be nice.

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: I tried it on my r4, and it loads up fine, but it freezes when you pick slot 2, flash, or micro sdXD

rofl2.gif

mad.gif
DUDE that is SERIOUSLY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hate2.gif
the R4's hardware is in everyway inferior to the cyclo evolution and even the neoflash R6 GOLD why would you do that????!!!! If you are gonna do that try doing that on a flash cart that doesn't suck!!!!! with SDHC out the fact that R4 isn't compatible is UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE CYCLO EVOLUTION AND ACEKARD RPG!!!!!!!!!!! and sort of R6 gold(I don't know if it has SDHC) BESIDES NO OTHER FLASH CART MAKER HAS BUILT-IN NAND FLASH AND MICRO SDHC IN ONE PACKAGE SO THAT IS JUST PLAIN DUMB!!!!!!! the acekard's firmware isn't for inferior GARBAGE HARDWARE LIKE THE R4
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

rofl2.gif

mad.gif
hate2.gif
the R4's hardware is in everyway inferior to the cyclo evolution and even the neoflash R6 GOLD why would you do that????!!!! If you are gonna do that try doing that on a flash cart that doesn't suck!!!!! with SDHC out the fact that R4 isn't compatible is UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE CYCLO EVOLUTION AND ACEKARD RPG!!!!!!!!!!! and sort of R6 gold(I don't know if it has SDHC) BESIDES NO OTHER FLASH CART MAKER HAS BUILT-IN NAND FLASH AND MICRO SDHC IN ONE PACKAGE SO THAT IS JUST PLAIN DUMB!!!!!!! the acekard's firmware isn't for inferior GARBAGE HARDWARE LIKR THE R4
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant it as a joke 0_o No need to get your fanboy speech out.

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

rofl2.gif

mad.gif
hate2.gif
the R4's hardware is in everyway inferior to the cyclo evolution and even the neoflash R6 GOLD why would you do that????!!!! If you are gonna do that try doing that on a flash cart that doesn't suck!!!!! with SDHC out the fact that R4 isn't compatible is UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE CYCLO EVOLUTION AND ACEKARD RPG!!!!!!!!!!! and sort of R6 gold(I don't know if it has SDHC) BESIDES NO OTHER FLASH CART MAKER HAS BUILT-IN NAND FLASH AND MICRO SDHC IN ONE PACKAGE SO THAT IS JUST PLAIN DUMB!!!!!!! the acekard's firmware isn't for inferior GARBAGE HARDWARE LIKR THE R4
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant it as a joke 0_o No need to get your fanboy speech out.

SORRY
cry.gif
wacko.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
bow.gif
lecture.gif
rolleyes.gif
dry.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch