Acekard R.P.G. in-house at GBAtemp

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got word through mail that they have decided to use the MIT/X11 open-source license.
Now it's just a matter of time before the source is released.
tongue.gif

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!!Acekard!!!

Could you please confirm official websites that will be selling your card?

We'll list our dealers in our website soon. Please be patient.
www.acekard.com

Thank you.

QUOTE said:
I still wonder *which* open source license they will use.
I'm guessing GPL, but we don't know (and they haven't told us).
And another thing, do they open source the whole thing WITH the graphics or only the code?

I thought we've replied it in another thread. We'll open *ALL* of our source include OS menu and IO and launching game and so on.
We do not have some expirences in open source so we're not sure the difference between difference license. If you have some suggestion please email to acekard#gmail.com.

Thank you.

QUOTEI got AceKard R.P.G for review too
biggrin.gif

Can you upload the "menu software" (firmware) ? I have not found the firmware on my fashcard
You can send us a email to confirm that you got the sample and we'll send you the OS menu.

Can the nand flash of the acekard RPG be used to play GBA games and homebrew?? via combination with the TF-slot with GBA games and homebrew linking with the NAND flash and using the NAND flash to run???

like how GBA games run from the TF card slot of a slot-2 card then uses the built-in flash to run??

like with the EZ-flash 4 lite deluxe and neoflash neo2-tf??

The acekard RPG is the first slot-1 card to have a TF slot and built-in RAM kinda similar to slot-2 carts so I am curious if it will use or can use it's NAND flash to launch GBA games from TF and give them the ram they need to run?? your card is open source

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome stuff!!!

As an R4 fanboy it'll be great to have something to wind up the new kid on the block Cyclo fanboys with! (Has the cyclo got a built in USB connector ?
nyanya.gif
)

Seriously though, I'm glad Acekard R.P.G. (ARPG) is finally here, since hopefully I can pick some up when I visit Hong Kong next week!!!
grog.gif

AeN0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the 2GB version available ? I got a French seller that will receive RPG next week and It claims that it's the 2 GB version ...

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So, in the built-in Memory, running Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, does it have SlowDowns?
unsure.gif

And... Why not there's a Review already of it?

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So what do Acekard's early adopters say, now that they've had some time to fiddle around with the cart? How solid is it?
How frequent are firmware updates? Is anybody working on implementing soft reset and improving download play?
Any idea as to how many (open source) developers are actually working on Acekard projects? Any cool projects released yet? Any substantial features missing?

Hey, you were asking for questions!

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently planning on getting another flashcard in addition to my R4. I'll eventually pass on one of the cards to my fiancee, when she gets her crimson&black DS for X-Mas.

One of the options would be to get a rather expensive Acekard, hoping that it will eventually live up to expectations. The other option would be to get an el-cheapo N-Card clone from Dealextreme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head