Acekard R.P.G. in-house at GBAtemp

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I respect the fact that he'd come into the forums and talk with dissenters like me. Makes me feel better about the card, but I'm still not sold on it. Waiting to see your updated work, good luck.

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna wait to see what comes of this. Looks good though!

EDIT: It sure is nice seeing acekard is acknowledging the stuff we want and implementin g it as well THANKS!
biggrin.gif

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aw come on guys you ppl are a bunch of emos!
rofl2.gif
lol jokes okay? but anywaiz treat the acekard R.P.G like a kid whos learning how to play violin. At first the kid is really shithouse, but if you give that kid some time, that kid will be playing beautifully! same thing goes to the acekard. At first it might seam a little dodge, but if you give it a couple of months, it'll start meeting some of your expectations! I know it will for me!

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ummmm.. It'll be in stock at BG tomorrow (15th Sep) for 50 lucky people. I somewhat doubt they'll have ironed out all the software issues by the time consumers get their samples.

My opinion is that, with so many working flashcart solutions out there, it's pointless to release an unfinished product out to the marketplace. 1) it breaks the trust of the consumer, who reads all the features on the packaging but can't use then in real life 2) it leaves consumers in limbo as to when all the quoted features will actually be implemented.

Do you think an educated consumer such as myself would trust a flashcart company enough to buy an unfinished product in the hope that one day all features will be implemented? I think that's wishful thinking, its just not gonna happen. Look at the X9 - after 1 year they still haven't implemented all as promised. Look at the G6Real, how long did it take for DLDI and other promised features to be implemented?

Sure, acekard appears to be more legit than the "ninjapass team" (probably 1 person stranded on a desert island), but seeing as how flaky their first AK was I would be tempted to wait.

the DLDI for G6Real have been solved before saleing, of course their download play isnt perfect finally

The first AK promise no need upgrade but finally they upgrade for a few times and one of them is fixing the game white screen problem, of course they are the less slot 1 update flashcart in the market

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aw come on guys you ppl are a bunch of emos!Â
rofl2.gif
lol jokes okay? but anywaiz treat the acekard R.P.G like a kid whos learning how to play violin. At first the kid is really shithouse, but if you give that kid some time, that kid will be playing beautifully! same thing goes to the acekard. At first it might seam a little dodge, but if you give it a couple of months, it'll start meeting some of your expectations! I know it will for me!
That takes years to learn fully. You should have said its like learning the chorus to a song.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've not read this entire thread yet, but it seems to me that any lack of software support this card comes with out of the box is part of the plan -- they are focusing on quality hardware to start, then the open-source groups around the world kick in and make the OS on this card the best that's ever been.

I'm going to wait on it and see what the open-source community decides to do with it. If some great OS's start coming out, this may very well replace my DSX, which has worked fine the games I wanted as of now.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still wonder *which* open source license they will use.
I'm guessing GPL, but we don't know (and they haven't told us).
And another thing, do they open source the whole thing WITH the graphics or only the code?

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aw come on guys you ppl are a bunch of emos!Â
rofl2.gif

That takes years to learn fully. You should have said its like learning the chorus to a song.

aw come on guys you ppl are a bunch of emos!
rofl2.gif
lol jokes okay? but anywaiz treat the acekard R.P.G like a kid whos learning how to sing a chorus of a song. At first the kid is really shithouse, but if you give that kid some time, that kid will be singing the whole song! same thing goes to the acekard. At first it might seam a little dodge, but if you give it a couple of months, it'll start meeting some of your expectations! I know it will for me!

biggrin.gif

jester.hussler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ummmm.. It'll be in stock at BG tomorrow (15th Sep) for 50 lucky people. I somewhat doubt they'll have ironed out all the software issues by the time consumers get their samples.

My opinion is that, with so many working flashcart solutions out there, it's pointless to release an unfinished product out to the marketplace. 1) it breaks the trust of the consumer, who reads all the features on the packaging but can't use then in real life 2) it leaves consumers in limbo as to when all the quoted features will actually be implemented.

Do you think an educated consumer such as myself would trust a flashcart company enough to buy an unfinished product in the hope that one day all features will be implemented? I think that's wishful thinking, its just not gonna happen. Look at the X9 - after 1 year they still haven't implemented all as promised. Look at the G6Real, how long did it take for DLDI and other promised features to be implemented?

Sure, acekard appears to be more legit than the "ninjapass team" (probably 1 person stranded on a desert island), but seeing as how flaky their first AK was I would be tempted to wait.

The Ninjapass Team have a new X9 firmware out: Ar Loader 1.1 - Adds fixes and Action Replay support.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the R4 mediocre? It plays games except a few perfectly, updates are ususally monthly, it has 100% download play, DLDI autopatching, a great community behind, fully skinnable with a lot of skins made by the communtiy...need I go on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and...