Hacking Acekard on DSi 1.4.2?????

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
There is only one better card: The R4-Fifa!
www.r4i-fifa.com
The only drawback of the card: it is corrupt
frown.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
AvengerAkashi said:
a bunch of clows got pissed cause a point a lack of suport from acekard
tsk tsk
A certain person can't determine the differences between supported and unsupported even when one team is actually saying and showing that they have at least done something as opposed to the DSTTi. If you haven't realized yet, your statement makes no sense even from a regular point of view. Do you really think it's all AKAIO? Even a person with half a brain realizes that AKAIO is only useful on a working AK2, so do you really think the AKteam would just leave the AK when it still obviously brings them money? No, of course not, because they don't. It's not because we are fanboys, it's because your comment is stupid.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this thread is fun, thanks to the way smiths started it. but it does serve a point and most users are wondering where the update is.

team acekard has an update ready but they will not release it until the next dsi/3ds firmware update is released. the next update is scheduled to come out just before the new shop goes live. there are a limited number or roms these type of flash kits can use for an exploit. the acekard 2i uses an older design and requires an unblocked rom to bypass the dsi checks. this older way of doing things will eventually be blocked from working completely and take with it a bunch of flash kits which were never released with hardware upgrades that can use the new method (which theoretically can not be blocked as its responding to the check with correct data regardless of the rom data/rom icon used). team acekard is waiting in the hopes that their exploit is not blocked, unlike the other flash kits in the ak2i's class who have already released updates which may very well be blocked in a months time.

-another world

mybutterfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AW. Are you sure acekard will not release the V1.4.2 patch until the 3DS' updating at June 6?
Why they do not release this updating right now?
It seems that this patch is ready.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
well, i think they wont release the V1.4.2 firmware, because if the new update blocks their new game exploit, they dont have a big number of roms to use as exploit... so, they have to keep how many as they can unblocked

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mybutterfly said:
I do hope the member from acekard team will talk about something on it.
Why not release the patch right now if it is ready?
face palm

Edit: Dont tell me! "mybutterfly" is actually Smiths or someone.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another World said:
unlike the other flash kits in the ak2i's class who have already released updates which may very well be blocked in a months time.

As they have already have released updates, those games will get blocked, so in theory they may as well jump on the bandwagon.
The new exploit that acekard is using will also get blocked in the next update after they put it out.

I don't care, not updated my dsi yet. But the cat and mouse game can only be delayed, the only way to "win" would be to wait until nintendo don't care anymore.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
jabato said:
im starting to think they will release the update after the June 3ds update...
What a daft thing to say. If you remember the AK Team took their time to release the 3DS update to make sure it worked on as many cards as possible and that is what they are doing this time as well.

They are testing to make sure they don't have to release another patch a day or so later because the first one didn't work.

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buleste said:
jabato said:
im starting to think they will release the update after the June 3ds update...
What a daft thing to say. If you remember the AK Team took their time to release the 3DS update to make sure it worked on as many cards as possible and that is what they are doing this time as well.

They are testing to make sure they don't have to release another patch a day or so later because the first one didn't work.
The first 3ds patch had to be fixed because "broke" HW44 acekard cards.

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is total bs, release the damn hw88 patch and release one for the old one later if they have to. jesus every other cart was updated in a day this is ruining my craigslist busniess... you what screw them I'm switching to a new cart...

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
kenpachi said:
this is total bs, release the damn hw88 patch and release one for the old one later if they have to. jesus every other cart was updated in a day this is ruining my craigslist busniess... you what screw them I'm switching to a new cart...

orly? let me just ask you a question: why are you still using your AK then? if you can't wait for a team that DOES test things roughly before they put it on the public, so their costumers can be satisfied, then you choose the wrong flashcart, you should get a r4 clone [sarcasm]

release a hw88 patch? and screw the hw44? i'd like to see you with a hw44 and the team sending out a hw88 patch and screwing hw44... i just would like to see your face...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why people are so impatient. You gotta be pretty dumb to update the DSi without having someone else test first, or after seeing the warnings everyone made.

I'm say they should wait for the 3DS update, so they get 2 birds with one stone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM