Hacking Acekard 2i won't appear on 3DS home screen whatsoever

bmtrocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I updated my Acekard 2i's firmware, I inserted the card into the 3DS and it didn't detect anything, so I figured it needed an update. Found the talked off firmware update, and still nothing. What exactly is going on here? It just doesn't appear when I insert the cart into the 3DS

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing with me.try on a older ds is the game is blank your acekard is bricked like mine
frown.gif

bmtrocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, it works perfectly fine on my DS Lite. It's not bricked, just not being detected by my 3DS whatsoever. Might as well put nothing in it cause it gets the same results.

bmtrocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I already updated to the latest AKAIO. Did you do it before the firmware update, or after?

Edit: I think I've found the problem. The cart itself isn't going in correctly. I fiddle around with it and noticed that at a specific spot, the Acekard 2i can be detected briefly. The problem here, however, is that you have to keep your finger on it. Got any solutions?

Edit 2: I've managed to boot into it with all the updates, and it just boots into a Japanese error screen. I'm guessing this is because it detects my card as DORASU

bmtrocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll look into that but it seems I have a whole nother problem to deal with right now. So please don't lock this yet!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "brick" only effects older hardware and it only "bricks" on 3ds and DSi, not on the older DSes (including lite). There is a reason why that firmware is not currently on their main page, it's because it's buggy and using it could cause problems. Wait till a new version is released.

Wizardman7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having the same troubles, I update my Acekard 2i to the lasted 3DS update and it shows the DORASU icon on my DSL and DSi and works perfectly, but it doesn't show up on my 3DS at all. I tried all the suggestions at:

http://gbatemp.net/t231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues

and it still doesn't show up at all. I've tried many thicknesses of different materials and it just doesn't want to show up on my 3DS. I have the latest AKAIO 1.8.6a, and i tried formatting my SD card and nothing has worked at all. Does anyone else know what to do?

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
@ the people who said bricking that just a rumour your flash will and i repeat will not get bricked on the 3ds this news going around is a load of crap the 3ds won't block your flash card why?? because Nintendo are happy at the moment because the 3ds games are not cracked yet and all they can do is block your online access.

NxFals

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same issue as well. Mine started magically working after I setup my internet connection for my 3DS. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it just randomly decided to start working at the same time I did that.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this helps but I had an issue where it worked fine on the 3DS until I put it into my DSLite and it suddenly stopped appearing in my 3DS. Although on the DSLite, the game still appeared as that "Dorasu" game.
I shut off my 3DS and booted it back up with the Acekard2i already inside and it worked just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)