Hacking Acekard 2i Problems

SenutiAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my Acekard 2i in a bit so I decided to use it. It used to work perfectly but today my DSi and 3DS are giving me the error turn off machine thing. I don't remember the last update I did, but I don't know what to do or try.
So far I've tried deleting the files that I put on it, but that didn't do anything. I also tried putting the new Akaio 1.8.7 but that also didn't help. Is my Acekard 2i bricked or something?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
No, your card isn't bricked, the DSi and 3DS have been updating their firmware a lot lately. There is no fix yet for DSi v 1.4.3u. but there is for 3DS 2.0.0.3.
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw...s_v2_DSi142.zip
This is a bootloader* replacement not the firmware. You can leave the AKAIO firmware alone, it's not the problem.
*(the part that fakes a DS game and shows a game icon)

You'll need to borrow a DSlite to run this patch, though.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
This is a bootloader* replacement not the firmware. You can leave the AKAIO firmware alone, it's not the problem.
*(the part that fakes a DS game and shows a game icon)

You'll need to borrow a DSlite to run this patch, though.
...The bootloader is the firmware. AKAIO is the kernel...
Aside from that, you can't do anything unless you get a DSlite/DSPhat by any means possible to update your AK2i's firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?