Hacking Acekard 2i confusion / possible death?

geokhentix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I am no noob to Acekard 2i, but i need to probe your brains a bit. Yesterday, got a new 4GB Class 2 MicroSD card, put the 1.7 AKAIO firmware on the card; popped it in, worked fine..until i tried to play Chrono Trigger. At which point, it got stuck on "loading" with yellow text, after about 5 minutes i turned the DS off.

Now, when i turn the DSi on(1.4U), it sees the AK2i as Danny Phantom; however when i click on it(Regardless of which SD card is in it, or any SD card at all, i've reformatted about 50 times with 3 different cards) it gives me an error has occured please hold power etc etc. I've placed scotch tape on the top of the AK2i to make sure the pins are connecting; i'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated!
rolleyes.gif

geokhentix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't understand how it could have been working one second, and then brick itself from Chrono Trigger. Is there any other troubleshooting we can perform? Probably easier to just buy a new one than it is to go through the hassle of upgrading firmware...i'm lazy.
mellow.gif

geokhentix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, reflashing did the trick. One question that's bothering me though; was it Chrono Trigger specifically that caused this(as in saying i should not attempt to play it again), or was it just like a 1/100000 chance everytime you boot a game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__