AceKard 2 with AKAIO `.7.1 and EZFlash 3 in 1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Pandas, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010
  1. Pandas
    OP

Newcomer Pandas Member

United States
    I'm trying to get the rumble and RAM Expansion to work for the opera browser and some games but it is not working! I start up GBAExpLoader 0.58b and I go over to see the rumble weak-strong, and the RAM expansion but when I click on it, it just freezes my DS and does not soft reset. Can anyone help?

2. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Depends on the model of the 3in1.
    PLS version is what I use and rumble has never worked inside a commercial game using it. Works with homebrew though.
    It will rumble in akaio when changing the settings in the 3in1 menu and when the game is loaded it rumbles briefly but then once the game is loaded rumble is always greyed out.
    I reported this, never heard anything and now my report has been deleted

As for ram expansion when I was last able to use akaio, it automatically enabled ram for the browser so all you need to do is put the clean rom on your sd card and then load it. You should not need to use exploader for that.

Make sure you check the 3in1 settings menu once, its in the second page of the start menu last time I checked.

3. Pandas
    OP

Newcomer Pandas Member

United States
    Alright but there is another issue. I've checked the battery of my 3in1 and it is 3V which is good. But AKAIO doesn't always detect my 3 in 1 in its menu.

4. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    Make sure that contacts are clean. I didn't have issue with DSTT but acekard seems to be picky about it.
    Also use akaio internal gba expansion features. GBAexploader may mess things up.

Tried with my 3in1 and akaio 1.7.1 with opera browser and rumble games (set up rumble to medium from akaio 3in1 setup) and works fine.