Ace Attorney Investigation 2 patch release poll

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Auryn, Jan 15, 2014.

?

I want the next patch release with:

Poll closed Jan 25, 2014.
  1. Case 3 (partial japanese voices)

    8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Case 3 (all english voices)

    37 vote(s)
    33.0%
  3. Case 3-4 (partial japanese voices)

    3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Case 3-4 (all english voices)

    2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Case 3-5 (partial japanese voices)

    25 vote(s)
    22.3%
  6. Case 3-5 (all english voices)

    37 vote(s)
    33.0%
  1. Auryn
    OP

    Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    536
    346
    Jul 21, 2011
    Swaziland
    Hi everybody,
    after a while of silence we are back and with good news.
    Work on this game are still on progress but I have a little struggle with the group about releases of patches so I am here to make a poll to see what people think and make a democratic decision.

    Before you proceed to the vote, please read the warnings here:

    Case 1/2 should be corrected and if my informations are not wrong, the voices reported problems should be better now.

    Case 3 has been inserted and tested. The only thing not done here are the voices; they are still in japanese (if a character was not present on case 1/2).

    Case 4 insertion has been completed some days ago and first beta testers are playing it right now. Here as well the voices are still in japanese (for characters not present in case 1/2)
    I don't consider this a spoiler so no warning here but case 4 and 5 are connected and storically are just a view hours from each others making a release of case 3+4 a lot illogical.

    So, some people are pressing to release case 3 now even if with the voices still in japanese.
    I don't want to release an incomplete work.

    My idea is to not release a patch before (estimated) summer break and it would be a case 1-5 beta with english voices. So that you people can enjoy the game so has we (at least the less impatient and perfectionists in the group) meant you to play it while summer break.

    I will make the poll run till saturday 25 and only 1 choice is possible.
    All choices naturally include the corrected case 1/2 patch.

    I have been informed to be more clear with what choices means what in term of actual release date.
    -Case3 (japanese voices) > just need the time to upload the patch

    -Case 3 (english voices) > it's difficult to say. HanOnimous is busy but has proposed me to bring somebody else in to do his job but we have to recolled and poll the voices so i would say 1-2months from now.

    -Case 3-4 (japanese voices) > it's looking same as case 3 (jp). Some testers actually already played it without problems but let's give it 2/3 weeks to let more people test it.

    -Case 3-4 (english voices) > the same apply as case 3 (eng)

    -Case 3-5 (both) > I am maybe optimistic but July/August/September and actually HanOnimous is free again im August.
     
    kernelPANIC likes this.


  2. Tinker

    Tinker Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    I'd rather see case 3 released when the voices are in and is generally complete, and then another patch for the entire game. Should not be illogical and also tide people over well (and allow for a massive final test on that case)
     
  3. Gariscus

    Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

    Member
    646
    1
    Jun 5, 2009
    I'd like to see the next patch be Case 3 released with all English voices. I'd then want Case 4 & 5 to be released together in a separate patch with all English voices once they're ready.
     
  4. qweasd123

    qweasd123 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    117
    3
    Jan 13, 2011
    Finish everything, then release it with Japanese voices.
     
  5. porkiewpyne

    porkiewpyne Report-er

    Global Moderator
    2,049
    1,179
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    I'll leave the decision to you. I honestly do not mind whichever of the options. :)
     
  6. WoJjTeK

    WoJjTeK GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    122
    45
    Jun 27, 2012
    Poland
    I think you should finish the whole game. Cases in AA games are usually connected, and I'd rather play it as a whole than bit by bit, because it'd make me even more impatient.
    Also , I don't know how you're solving japanese voices problem, but I'd rather have original voices from AA1 for reappearing characters and original Japanese voices for new ones, instead of you recording something.
    Anyway , I'm waiting for final release :) Keep up a good work!
     
    Phoenix Goddess likes this.
  7. Arras

    Arras GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    5,840
    2,659
    Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I will wait until the whole patch is 100% done before playing it, so I don't particularly care. That said, if not releasing a case 3 patch makes the entire thing go faster, I'd say wait until everything is done before the next patch.
     
  8. Aurora Wright

    Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,542
    4,096
    Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    I'd say to release 3 and 4, even if it's illogical story-wise, and even if the voices aren't there yet. It will give you way more beta testing by the public before the final patch is out.
     
  9. Dariusxq

    Dariusxq Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    51
    2
    Dec 5, 2010
    Poland
    No rush, I can wait for all 5 cases. Good to know you guys are close to finish translation! Amazing! Many Thanks!
     
  10. Pablitox

    Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    714
    362
    Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Me too, I'd rather see a complete one with all cases
     
  11. GHANMI

    GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    966
    491
    Jun 10, 2012
    A complete one would be indeed better imo.
    Offering two patchs for both English and Japanese voices would be a neat addition.
     
  12. Bneundh

    Bneundh Member

    Newcomer
    31
    6
    Jan 1, 2014
    Indonesia
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Don't care too much about the english voices. There aren't that many voices in the first place anyway. You should provide us with a way to play with japanese voices. I'd say release a patch with partial voice first. Then you should work on the english voices. I'd say voices should be your last priority. Just release it if everything's done except the voices. The voices can wait.
     
  13. Black-Ice

    Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

    Member
    4,230
    9,091
    Oct 31, 2011
    London
    Full game for the next patch please
    Great work so far, and i'd love to see the finished product!
    Good things come to those who wait.

    Alternatively if I can help make the process faster, holla at me :)
     
  14. CamulaHikari

    CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

    Member
    715
    30
    Jul 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Chocolate Factory~<3
    I've been waiting for the full release anyway because I don't want to get hyped too much. Just take the time you need~
     
  15. Kurt91

    Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    387
    88
    Sep 9, 2012
    United States
    Newport, WA
    I already have a ton of games on my backlog to finish, and so I don't exactly mind the wait. I think the best thing to do would be to either wait until you have the full game finished as far as you intend to and release it (Japanese audio as an option for those who want it, so probably two separate patches), or since 4 and 5 are connected story-wise, release a final demo that includes Case 3, and the final game with both 4 and 5 complete.

    Personally, I don't see an issue with having partial Japanese audio, but as a fangame designer myself, I can completely understand not wanting to release something you aren't 100% satisfied with, even if it's technically fully playable.
     
  16. Shinintendo

    Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    341
    18
    Sep 10, 2009
    Iceland
    finish all cases translated with Japanese voices, release it, than finish working on the Voice over.
     
  17. ShadowNeko003

    ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

    Member
    302
    18
    Jun 9, 2008
    United States
    I don't care either way.
     
  18. zero2exe

    zero2exe GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    324
    96
    Jun 23, 2012
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I personally wouldn't mind playing the whole game with the japanese voices. I believe the text comes first while the voices are a neat addition but not that mandatory.
     
  19. alexbip15

    alexbip15 Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Jun 22, 2012
    Canada
    I'd say 3 (any) but release 4-5 (any) next if they go together.
     
  20. MHVile

    MHVile Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brazil
    Finish everything first, then release it with english voices, why not?