• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BroBuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say release Case 3 with the English Voices to drum up interest in the fan translation. I recall the 1-2 patch got picked up by a few websites.

Reactions: Huskirby

Tinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Surely a tie in this case doesn't exclude anything? If you release case 3 and then, when it's done, the rest of the game, everyone is happy.

BroBuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean until Capcom sends them a cease-and-desist notice to stop the translation at once? Yeah, probably a good idea.
I've never heard of any company shutting down a fan translation project like this. It would be a horrible PR move from Capcom, all a C&D would do is piss off fans.

Regarding the tie, why not do both?

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've never heard of any company shutting down a fan translation project like this. It would be a horrible PR move from Capcom, all a C&D would do is piss off fans.

believe it or not, they've done that. I don't have any examples, though.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

You don't know if Capcom has plans to localize AAI2 at some point. Chances are they have if the sales of AA5 and Layton vs AA are good. A fan translation would hurt sales of course.

MHVile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tie-break seems fair, but as WiiUBricker puts - we have no idea what Capcom wants to do. They still have rights over the game, and if they order to stop the translation, the VERY hard work of the team will be in vain. Let's be reasonable and wait for the whole project to finish before Capcom makes a move.

Tinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tie-break seems fair, but as WiiUBricker puts - we have no idea what Capcom wants to do. They still have rights over the game, and if they order to stop the translation, the VERY hard work of the team will be in vain. Let's be reasonable and wait for the whole project to finish before Capcom makes a move.

There's no real reason why they would suddenly put out a cease & desist now rather than when the first two cases were released; I'd rather have a more thoroughly checked, better game than a vague speculation on how Capcom will or will not react.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Case 3: 45 votes (40.17%)
Case 3-4: 5 votes (4.46%)
Case 3-5: 62 votes (55.35%)
Total: 112

And here you have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.