• Poll closed .

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi everybody,
after a while of silence we are back and with good news.
Work on this game are still on progress but I have a little struggle with the group about releases of patches so I am here to make a poll to see what people think and make a democratic decision.

Before you proceed to the vote, please read the warnings here:

Case 1/2 should be corrected and if my informations are not wrong, the voices reported problems should be better now.

Case 3 has been inserted and tested. The only thing not done here are the voices; they are still in japanese (if a character was not present on case 1/2).

Case 4 insertion has been completed some days ago and first beta testers are playing it right now. Here as well the voices are still in japanese (for characters not present in case 1/2)
I don't consider this a spoiler so no warning here but case 4 and 5 are connected and storically are just a view hours from each others making a release of case 3+4 a lot illogical.

So, some people are pressing to release case 3 now even if with the voices still in japanese.
I don't want to release an incomplete work.

My idea is to not release a patch before (estimated) summer break and it would be a case 1-5 beta with english voices. So that you people can enjoy the game so has we (at least the less impatient and perfectionists in the group) meant you to play it while summer break.

I will make the poll run till saturday 25 and only 1 choice is possible.
All choices naturally include the corrected case 1/2 patch.

I have been informed to be more clear with what choices means what in term of actual release date.
-Case3 (japanese voices) > just need the time to upload the patch

-Case 3 (english voices) > it's difficult to say. HanOnimous is busy but has proposed me to bring somebody else in to do his job but we have to recolled and poll the voices so i would say 1-2months from now.

-Case 3-4 (japanese voices) > it's looking same as case 3 (jp). Some testers actually already played it without problems but let's give it 2/3 weeks to let more people test it.

-Case 3-4 (english voices) > the same apply as case 3 (eng)

-Case 3-5 (both) > I am maybe optimistic but July/August/September and actually HanOnimous is free again im August.

Reactions: kernelPANIC

Tinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd rather see case 3 released when the voices are in and is generally complete, and then another patch for the entire game. Should not be illogical and also tide people over well (and allow for a massive final test on that case)

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to see the next patch be Case 3 released with all English voices. I'd then want Case 4 & 5 to be released together in a separate patch with all English voices once they're ready.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think you should finish the whole game. Cases in AA games are usually connected, and I'd rather play it as a whole than bit by bit, because it'd make me even more impatient.
Also , I don't know how you're solving japanese voices problem, but I'd rather have original voices from AA1 for reappearing characters and original Japanese voices for new ones, instead of you recording something.
Anyway , I'm waiting for final release :) Keep up a good work!

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will wait until the whole patch is 100% done before playing it, so I don't particularly care. That said, if not releasing a case 3 patch makes the entire thing go faster, I'd say wait until everything is done before the next patch.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd say to release 3 and 4, even if it's illogical story-wise, and even if the voices aren't there yet. It will give you way more beta testing by the public before the final patch is out.

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No rush, I can wait for all 5 cases. Good to know you guys are close to finish translation! Amazing! Many Thanks!

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
A complete one would be indeed better imo.
Offering two patchs for both English and Japanese voices would be a neat addition.

Bneundh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Don't care too much about the english voices. There aren't that many voices in the first place anyway. You should provide us with a way to play with japanese voices. I'd say release a patch with partial voice first. Then you should work on the english voices. I'd say voices should be your last priority. Just release it if everything's done except the voices. The voices can wait.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Full game for the next patch please
Great work so far, and i'd love to see the finished product!
Good things come to those who wait.

Alternatively if I can help make the process faster, holla at me :)

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a ton of games on my backlog to finish, and so I don't exactly mind the wait. I think the best thing to do would be to either wait until you have the full game finished as far as you intend to and release it (Japanese audio as an option for those who want it, so probably two separate patches), or since 4 and 5 are connected story-wise, release a final demo that includes Case 3, and the final game with both 4 and 5 complete.

Personally, I don't see an issue with having partial Japanese audio, but as a fangame designer myself, I can completely understand not wanting to release something you aren't 100% satisfied with, even if it's technically fully playable.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I personally wouldn't mind playing the whole game with the japanese voices. I believe the text comes first while the voices are a neat addition but not that mandatory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy