assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a small program which allows you to quickly create a custom Rock Band ACDC disc
For those of you who dont know, this version of rock band can use Guitar Hero guitars while the others (besides 2) do not

coded by me(djsouth09/wander@efnet)
tutorial by me
Arktool by xorloser
GH2 DTB Editor by Nachyoz

Required
-ACDC iso
-Rock Band Track Pack iso (or up to 18 of any song files) NOT Rock Band 2!
-Trucha Signer (dont ask about Trucha in this thread look here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=76657 )
-ArkTool and GH2 DTB Editor (included in download)
-ImgBurn or other burning program
-A method of playing backups and trucha signed discs (GeckoOS)

1. Obtain a Rock Band ACDC iso and open it in Trucha Signer
2. Navigate to the second partition "R33E69" and then the folders "ROOT/gen" and extract the two files main.hdr and main_0.ark to a new directory

If you already have your custom song files skip to step 5

3. Obtain a Track Pack or Rock Band 1 and open it in Trucha Signer
4. Navigate to the second partition "R33E69" and then the folders "ROOT/gen" and extract the two files main.hdr and main_0.ark to a new SEPERATE directory from ACDC

5. "Run ac_trk.exe" and choose your two working directories
6. press "get" to extract song files from main_0.ark

If you are using custom songs now you should put your song folders in your Track Files directory in a subfolder "songs"

7. Press "name" to read the directory names of the songs
8. Ensure that there are the same amount of song files in each list and press "size" to sort songs by size
9. Press "rename" to begin the renaming process and overwrite the ACDC files with the new custom ones

If you dont wish to change your song names you may skip to step 15

10. Run "GH2DTBEdit_unencrypted.exe" and open the file in your ACDC folder "/songs/gen/songs.dtb"
11. Using the list provided as reference change the songs titles (there is a "name" and "artist" folder for each song)
12. Use "ArkToolGui.exe" to open your ACDC directory and navigate to "/songs/gen/songs.dtb"
13. right click "songs.dtb" press "Replace File" and choose your edited "songs.dtb"
14. File>Save and exit ArkToolGui

15. Once again open your ACDC iso in Trucha Signer

Now it is highly reccomended you remove videos or the songs will drag on at the end until the video finishes
If you dont wish to remove the videos skip to step 17

16. Navigate to the second partition R33E69 and then the folders "ROOT/videos" and replace each song video file with "blank.bik" included

17. In the folder "ROOT/gen" replace the "main.hdr" and "main_0.ark" with the modified files in the ACDC directory
18. Right click on the the second partition "R33E69" and click "Trucha Sign It!"

19. Close Trucha Signer and burn iso with the program of your choice

ACDC Track Replacer Kit
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4654

Trucha Signer Download
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1909

This may work with discs other than ACDC as the target but it is untested

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So this make the GH guitar work in RB1?If so, THANK YOU!! I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but I've been so caught up with customs and never got around to it
frown.gif

Edit: Nevermind, just read the whole thing. Still on my to-do list
tongue.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think there'll ever be an easy way to make GH or RB customs? like a Wadder type program?

Also, do you know any place i can go for custom requests?

(Im asking you Mrkinator because you seem to be the ambassador of all things Rock band)

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Phratt said:
Do you think there'll ever be an easy way to make GH or RB customs? like a Wadder type program?

Also, do you know any place i can go for custom requests?

(Im asking you Mrkinator because you seem to be the ambassador of all things Rock band)
There Is one for Guitar Hero called the GHOST (Guitar Hero Open Source Tool). I asked at scorehero.com If they could make one for Rock band and they didn't really give me a straight answer. I'm no coder, but if I can get one to code and all-in-one program for me, that be awesome.

Go to rockband.scorehero.com and go to software, there should be a request thread and a thread with customs already made.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Do you think there'll ever be an easy way to make GH or RB customs?
Thats what this program does. maybe people arent understanding what this is
wacko.gif

This makes replacing songfiles with Arktool only take a few clicks and is great for customs

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
assassda said:
Phratt said:
Do you think there'll ever be an easy way to make GH or RB customs?
Thats what this program does. maybe people arent understanding what this is
wacko.gif

This makes replacing songfiles with Arktool only take a few clicks and is great for customs

But my understanding is that it only works with AC/DC? I'll read your instructions properly and download this
tongue.gif

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
But my understanding is that it only works with AC/DC? I'll read your instructions properly and download this
tongue.gif

No, i suppose that is confusing but it should work from/to any version of rock band besides 2
I personally just wanted to make custom ACDC discs for the GH guitar support
this runs with Arktool so it can do anything that Arktool can, it just helps with the tedious tasks of replacing files individually and sorting them by size

QUOTE(George290506 @ Jan 28 2009, 05:39 AM) This is geat but will this work for the PAL one? I think so but I have to test it...
No unfortunately Arktool does not support PAL Rock Band, sorry

badbwai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: Instead of removing the videos, can I add like my own video?
If so, may I ask how? I doubt it though.
Just wondering.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
badbwai said:
Question: Instead of removing the videos, can I add like my own video?
If so, may I ask how? I doubt it though.
Just wondering.
download RAD Video Tools and Click "Bink it" and make sure the dimensions are the same

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By following this tutorial, will the imported tracks still contain all their parts: guitar, bass, vocals, and drums? Also will all the modes still work or are there extra steps to ensure that those features aren't broken?

Thanks.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kid sampson said:
By following this tutorial, will the imported tracks still contain all their parts: guitar, bass, vocals, and drums? Also will all the modes still work or are there extra steps to ensure that those features aren't broken?

Thanks.
No, just follow the steps and everything should be fine.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried following this tutorial and successfully created a working disc? I've tried three times now and every disc I produce crashes after loading, returning a disc error.

I'm on 3.2 U and trying to import songs from the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2, with no luck. I think on my next attempt I'll skip trying to rename the files and replace the videos just to verify that those are not the steps that are making my discs faulty, but before wasting another disc, can anyone assure me that they've had success with this tutorial?

Thanks.

If nothing else, I'll hold out hope that Mrkinator works out a song importer for Rock Band 2 soon, and continue purchasing some of this content through DLC in the meantime to hold me over.

doughD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
Has anyone tried following this tutorial and successfully created a working disc? I've tried three times now and every disc I produce crashes after loading, returning a disc error.

I'm on 3.2 U and trying to import songs from the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2, with no luck. I think on my next attempt I'll skip trying to rename the files and replace the videos just to verify that those are not the steps that are making my discs faulty, but before wasting another disc, can anyone assure me that they've had success with this tutorial?

Thanks.

If nothing else, I'll hold out hope that Mrkinator works out a song importer for Rock Band 2 soon, and continue purchasing some of this content through DLC in the meantime to hold me over.

I was having the exact same issues, and I'm also on 3.2U with a chip. The game would give an error right on boot though you could see the title in the Disc Channel. As it states in the beginning of the instructions you must have "A method of playing backups and trucha signed discs (GeckoOS)," and this was my solution. I booted the game in GeckoOS and it worked beautifully. Oh and a tip if GeckoOS isn't booting: take your Gamecube Memory Cards out!

Big thanks to the coders for this, I've been frustrated for a while as I have 2 guitar hero guitars! I was so happy I registered just to thank you guys!

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, doughD. That solved my problem as well. Since I have a chip and everything else had played on my system, I didn't figure I'd have to use Gecko to load this disc. Any reason for that? As I said, I'm also on 3.2, which should load trucha-signed games, right? Just asking, as all of the other GH customs I have load without going through Gecko.

And did you happen to leave the video files in without replacing them with the blank one that was provided? After playing the game with a black background, I kind of wish I hadn't modified those files, even though the tutorial says the song will drag on at the end. Just wondering if there isn't a way to just extract and replace the video files with those from the track packs so that you don't have a blank background. In theory, is there any reason why that wouldn't work?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kid sampson said:
Thanks, doughD. That solved my problem as well. Since I have a chip and everything else had played on my system, I didn't figure I'd have to use Gecko to load this disc. Any reason for that? As I said, I'm also on 3.2, which should load trucha-signed games, right? Just asking, as all of the other GH customs I have load without going through Gecko.

And did you happen to leave the video files in without replacing them with the blank one that was provided? After playing the game with a black background, I kind of wish I hadn't modified those files, even though the tutorial says the song will drag on at the end. Just wondering if there isn't a way to just extract and replace the video files with those from the track packs so that you don't have a blank background. In theory, is there any reason why that wouldn't work?
Go to trucha and extract the video file for that song
tongue.gif

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So replacing the video files worked well, but for anyone who does this, it seems as though something in the process causes the game to lock up if you attempt to play career mode. Otherwise, everything seems to be working fine.

Mrkinator, if you ever create one of these discs using this tool, let us know if yours also has problems booting once signed and burned. For some reason this process creates a disc that's unplayable from the Wii menu. The author, assassda, says he has the same issues and has to boot through either Gecko or Gamma, which shouldn't be necessary with 3.2.

It will eventually load through one of those two methods but those take a minute or so to load these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)