Hacking Rock Band Customs (Playstation 3)

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockbandcustomslogoblankbanner-png.245477

This thread is no longer needed for support. Please visit our GBAtemp Group: https://gbatemp.net/group/the-rock-band-customs-project.109/info

The GitLab Repo/Wiki Playstation 3 BETA is still in testing. Some methods described in the wiki, as well as the software provided, may not work. Anyone who uses it is encouraged to leave details on any problems encountered.
About This Thread​
This thread is about my contributions for hacking Rock Band titles on the original Playstation 3, the Playstation 3 Slim, and the Playstation 3 Super Slim You may comment in this thread to:
  • Ask about customs for the PS3 versions of Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, LEGO: Rock Band, The Beatles: Rock Band, and Green Day: Rock Band.
  • Ask questions about my GitLab repository, wiki, or anything having to do with it.
  • Link to a related thread where you may have questions on Rock Band for PS3.
  • Post accolades! :yay: :hrth: :toot: :grog:

ATTENTION! You may ask questions here about how to do something, but if you need direct help, i.e. someone who can troubleshoot your problems, then I can not help you. You will have to mention someone else who knows about PS3 Hacks and/or is in the Rock Band Customs Project.

Do NOT ask about Playstation 2 or 4 customs and hacks in this thread. This is for Playstation 3 ONLY. If you want help on PS2/PS4 customs, join our Discord server.

Links
Not all links are PS3 specific!

Updates
GitLab repository updates will be marked with a bold red header. This includes new branches, new files, changes to existing files, or removal of files. When you see that it's been updated, use git pull on your clone of the repo to add the changes. If you're not using Git, download the new/updated branches and extract to your project folder, letting it overwrite duplicate files.

New and updated GitLab Wiki pages, GitLab Snippets, and other announcements will have a normal-colored bold header, which appears black in the Default GBA theme and white in the Dark/Black themes. These do not require cloning the repo or downloading ZIPs, but are important as they offer new information either never known before, lost in time (i.e. RawkSD), or mentioned on other websites and has been copied/enhanced in RBC.

Please note: The repo has software which can give you access to copyrighted material. Read my Terms and Conditions before using the repo software. Do NOT share PS3 system files, ISOs, or other copyrighted material here in this thread.

The Rock Band logo is a trademark of Harmonix Music Systems, inc. The logos and images used in the Rock Band Customs Project have been modified from the original logos and images provided by Harmonix, and are not protected by copyright. The Rock Band Customs Project is a non-profit independent organization, and is not directly affiliated with Harmonix or it's corporate partners.

Last edited by HarveyHouston, , Reason: Added repo links; adjusted warning message.
Reactions: Alexander1970

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Wii/vWii Users! Your Customs Are In Another Castle!

If you stumbled on this thread by accident, you may want to use my signature to go to the right place, or use this link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rock-band-customs-wii-vwii.543006/

Do NOT ask about Wii/vWii customs in this thread; this is for PS3 hacks only. Also, you may want to review GBAtemp's own Terms and Rules before posting in this thread.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GitLab Repo Playstation 3 Now Live!

The Playstation 3 repo is now available! Mainly, the repo software includes various software from the Wii/vWii repo that also works with PS3, plus the most recent edition of MultiMAN that I can find. More software will be added soon!

You can find the repo here: https://gitlab.com/rock-band-customs/playstation

Playstation 3 Wiki

The wiki for Playstation 3 is a similarly-structured wiki to the Wii/vWii one, but as you can already tell, it has instructions on using MultiMAN instead of a USB Loader. This wiki is a very rough draft, with only instructions on how to add customs and old DLC to RB3, but it should cover the basics.

The wiki is here: https://gitlab.com/rock-band-customs/playstation/-/wikis/home

The Playstation 3 repo is still in beta! Since I can not test this myself, Customs Testers on Discord, project members on GitLab, and anyone here who has a PS3, are welcome to try it out and leave comments/critique. I'm sure there are many mistakes, and usage is not explained well, so any help I can get would be much appreciated.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't Have A PS3? Get RPCS3!

Just so you guys know, you all are welcome to try RPCS3 for Rock Band customs, however a proper guide for it has yet to be made. Also, some Rock Band editions may not work well under the emulator; see the RPCS3 Compatibility List.

We're also looking to recover all the DLC for Rock Band editions on the PS3, as well as the delisted title Rock Band Blitz. Do not discuss this here, however, as we don't want to break GBAtemp's rules on warez. Go to RBCP Discord to discuss this further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi